Questions & Answers Thread for the Podcast!! - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Questions & Answers Thread for the Podcast!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2014, 10:20 AM   #11
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1532 Times on 1029 Posts
Likes Given: 182

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa35jsf View Post
FTF has a podcast?????????

Yes it does, you can follow this link on the browser.... http://www.firearmstalk.com/podcast_options.php

Or, if you have a iPhone, you can download it through iTunes "podcasts" and search for FirearmsTalk

Old 06-09-2014, 09:43 AM   #12
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3380 Times on 2286 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Default Questions & Answers Thread for the Podcast!!

We're probably going to also set up polls here..

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Last edited by DrFootball; 06-11-2014 at 08:31 PM.

Old 06-11-2014, 10:13 AM   #13
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 1532 Times on 1029 Posts
Likes Given: 182

Any questions for out host(s)?

Old 06-11-2014, 08:07 PM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Here's a round table question:

If you could choose any gun in history to own/shoot/put in a collection, what would it be and why?

I hope this is the kind of question you're looking for.

Keep up the good work!

Old 06-11-2014, 08:29 PM   #15

Outstanding! we're answering all shooting related question areas! this is Great,..We will post our answers here after we record the show tomorrow,...and it's posted. And Yes, we will read the Question and our answers on Air as well.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Last edited by DrFootball; 06-11-2014 at 08:42 PM.

Old 06-12-2014, 12:58 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 567 Times on 339 Posts
Likes Given: 235

I have one about ammo. I have some 50 grain varmint rounds for my AR. They were made by American Eagle. I have noticed that after clambering and ejecting the same round a few times, the bullet become loose in the casing and actually gets seated back. It is at that point when I can push with my finger the bullet all the way back into the case. I have not experienced this with any other type of ammo. My guess is that the bullet is not crimped enough. Any ideas?

I keep these loaded up for HD instead of FMJ because I haven't found any HP yet. I would just reseat the bullet but I don't have a .223 crimping die yet. Also, the same round gets re chambered from time to time due to cleaning and changing ammo for range trips.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

Old 06-17-2014, 10:06 AM   #17

Were looking into this one! That was my first guess, that the rounds aren't crimped right enough/properly...then again when I was a "Re-Loader" I was only doing handgun calibers,... So I'll refer to the other two Experts...

Old 06-17-2014, 10:37 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Thanks. Here is a photo of what I am talking about. Unfortunately, since I have loaded the ammo into mags and threw away the boxes, I don't know any lot numbers. ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1403044604.963589.jpgImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1403044631.599998.jpg

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

Old 06-17-2014, 11:42 PM   #19
Lifetime Supporting Member

Liked 288 Times on 183 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa35jsf View Post
Thanks. Here is a photo of what I am talking about. Unfortunately, since I have loaded the ammo into mags and threw away the boxes, I don't know any lot numbers. Attachment 145413Attachment 145414

Are you just cycling these through or only partially firing full magazines?

I've had this kind of results in magazines that don't have good shoulder guides to keep the rounds from hitting the front of the magazine during recoil. Is there any deformation of the tip of the bullet?

Old 06-18-2014, 01:52 AM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Just cycling them through. These exact rounds have never been in a magazine while the gun is being shot. The tips are a polymer as they are varmint rounds so no deformation. It is also only the first one or two rounds in the magazine which happens to be the only ones that have actually been cycled into the chamber off the magazine. My rifle has full and proper M4 feed ramps so I don't see any issue there. Also, I have not seen this result from any other ammo through this rifle.