Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Oklahoma Man Shooting Home Intruder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2013, 10:39 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 526 Times on 319 Posts
Likes Given: 203

Was the man justified? Yes. Could he have used better words while on the phone with 911? Yes.

If you listen closely you can hear where the man breaks down the front door and enter the house. The homeowner tells him to "get out of my house" and at this point 911 asks if the intruder is in the house. The homeowner tells her yes. He then tells the intruder at least once more to get out of his house.

After the shooting it doesn't take long for the homeowner to become distraught and start crying. That is something he will have to deal with for probably quite awhile. In one of the articles it said the intruder was shot in the face and "trunk" indicating that intruder was facing the homeowner who we can only assume has had his weapon drawn, probably for awhile now.

Opinion: The problem is that these criminals are becoming increasingly more violent and have no fear of death. Who can kick down someones front door while they are home, and then stare down the barrel of a gun while they are being told to leave, and not be phased by that?

Practice doesn't make perfect, it make permanent.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

Old 03-27-2013, 10:59 PM   #12

Liked 276 Times on 189 Posts
Likes Given: 32

"Why didn't he fire a warning shot to scare off the intruder? Are his children affected by this? Could he have used a more non-violent approach, like talking it over with the intruder? Could he haves used the gun as a club to knock the intruder down, and run to safety? Was he using an "assault weapon"? Did it have a "high capacity clip"? Who bought him the gun? Was his door properly locked? How well-lit was his house? Was he middle class? How many trees are in his yard?"

Liberal logic

I know someone who did the same thing. He saw someone breaking into a neighbors home, called 911, and told them they had 5 minutes before he shot the intruder. The police got there pretty fast.

Old 03-28-2013, 11:59 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1125 Times on 659 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Maybe he should have held up a crucifix in front of his face. Then the drug-happy dirtbag would be scared of "God" and leave quietly.
Or maybe the resident should have informed the perp that Nancy Pelosi and Ol' Lady Feinstein have decided that he shouldn't be breaking into people's houses. Then the perp would have said, "Oh, sorry", and would have left immediately.

Besides, he was just starting to turn his life around, and needed to steal the TV so he could get some money for rehab...

Old 03-28-2013, 12:32 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2452 Times on 1440 Posts
Likes Given: 1356

Like everyone else on God's Earth, I wish it wasn't necessary to have to be prepared to defend your life and family from evil doers.

This is proof that, we cannot leave our lives and well being in the hands of our law enforcement departments.

It is obvious, to me, from the 911 recording, that this man is under severe stress, before, during and after the break-in. I hope and pray that this man and his wife will recover from this traumatic experience. They will, no doubt, be hauted by it for a good while.

Again, I have to say, needing the services of a good shrink beats the hell outta needing mortician's service.