Oklahoma Man Shooting Home Intruder

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Oklahoma Man Shooting Home Intruder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2013, 05:33 AM   #1
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2018 Times on 1181 Posts
Likes Given: 4293

Default Oklahoma Man Shooting Home Intruder

This was on the blaze:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/03/22/i-just-put-three-rounds-in-his-a-dramatic-911-call-captures-oklahoma-man-shooting-home-intruder-after-police-couldnt-arrive-fast-enough/

I Just Put Three Rounds in His A**’: Dramatic 911 Call Captures Oklahoma Man Shooting Home Intruder After Police Couldn’t Arrive Fast Enough

http://pages.poncacitynews.com//sound/N%20Pine%2013004595%20edited.wav

Quote:
A dramatic 911 call recorded a Oklahoma man’s confrontation with an intruder who broke into his Ponca City home early Thursday morning. The homeowner ended up shooting the intruder several times when police didn’t arrive in time.

The roughly five minute 911 call begins frantically enough: “You better get these (expletive) here or they will die,” the man told a 911 dispatcher.

The homeowner stayed on the line with 911 as he waited for the police to arrive. However, the police didn’t arrive before the intruder found his way into the house.

“They’re beating on my front door right now,” he said.

“Okay, we’ve got them on the way,” the dispatcher replied.

“They better hurry up, because I will blow these (expletive) away.”

A short time later, the home intruder managed to gain entry into the home. It was at this point that the homeowner fired several shots at the suspect.

“I just put three rounds in his ass,” he informed the dispatcher.

Ponca City Police say the incident took place at around 4:30 a.m. Thursday. The intruder was transported to a nearby hospital by ambulance and then airlifted to another Tulsa hospital. His condition was unknown Friday and police have not identified the suspect.

“The case is under investigation. Ponca City Police say once they complete the investigation the case will be turned over to the DA,” KOKH-TV reports.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-24-2013, 01:05 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2251 Times on 1225 Posts
Likes Given: 3513

Yep, the resident did a good job on the home invader.

BTW: One of the neighbors thought three shots were too many.

http://www.okcfox.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/kokh_vid_10334.shtml

Old 03-26-2013, 03:07 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
BTW: One of the neighbors thought three shots were too many.

http://www.okcfox.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/kokh_vid_10334.shtml
Wow, spoken like the typical person with a gun education courtesy of TV and movies. You know, the one where getting shot by a handgun throws you backwards several feet. I'm sure the neighbor was envisioning that after the first shot the intruder was instantly lying on the floor dead; why would you need shoot them twice more?

Old 03-26-2013, 03:54 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1726 Times on 897 Posts
Likes Given: 3651

Good guy wins.

Old 03-26-2013, 04:17 AM   #5
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7771 Times on 4215 Posts
Likes Given: 16433

He was right to shoot the intruder. But why didn't he shout through the door and try to run the guy off?

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Old 03-26-2013, 08:00 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1275 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

He did a lot of stuff right. He didn't shoot until the perp was inside his house, he stayed on the line so the dispatcher could hear (and record) the event as it happened. I do think the words he used when talking to the dispatcher could have been chosen a little better. Rather than saying the BG was going to die, it would have been better to indicate that he was scared, and say that if he (they) managed to get inside he would shoot.
Why that event would go to the DA I don't know, but I would expect him to be no-billed.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:01 AM   #7

Liked 644 Times on 389 Posts
Likes Given: 12

He might not get a chance to be no-billed. Look what happened to Zimmerman. They didn't even bring him before a grand jury, just straight to trial.

Old 03-27-2013, 01:16 AM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2985 Times on 1556 Posts
Likes Given: 277

Those words may well end up haunting him. Never a good idea to sound all amped up and macho on the line w/911. " I am afraid for my life". I will shoot if I have to". "Please hurry". Will sound much better to a jury (grand or otherwise)

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

AIKIJUTSU Likes This 
Old 03-27-2013, 01:21 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2144 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

Doesn't change the fact that the perp busted in through his door though. He was within his rights to drop the guy no matter what he said.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:19 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2251 Times on 1225 Posts
Likes Given: 3513

Quote:
Why that event would go to the DA I don't know, but I would expect him to be no-billed.
In OK the DA is not required to take a self defense shooting case to the grand jury. If the prosecutor declines to prosecute; the family and friends of the late home invader can take up a petition for a grand jury. Few folks will sign a petition on behalf of a deceased home invader.

The Comanche county, OK prosecutor gave three passes on self defense killings in one 18 month period.