NRA Stand and Fight - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > NRA Stand and Fight

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 01:23 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
Any word coming out of SHOT as to what the industry's intent is regarding NY?
Not as of yet. I know it stopped alot of the activity and caused a stir. I'll post more when I get the details.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:25 PM   #22

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Yes...with you 100%. Here is a point I would like to make (love the commercial by the way!).....

First, what will the knucklehead politicians do when the next school shooting happens post any bans? Then what? They have been screaming "we have to do something!"...but its like shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic. There are 300 million + guns and in circulation. Even if you put a ban on all of them school shootings are going to continue to happen. I am baffled by the thinking that banning assault rifles will stop or even remotley slow down school shootings. Nut jobs don't buy guns and go through a formal background checks. They rob or get their weapons well below the radar. They also plan and plot their evil deeds. This idiot who did this last shooting in Conn would have not been stopped by a ban on assualt weapons. He planned and then stole the weapon. The logic in our government today is just mind blowing.

Another point is this....a ban on guns would take how long to see any impact? Lets put a timeline on this....maybe in 400 years? Well how and the heck does that solve the short-term issue? We have a society problem...NOT a gun problem.

Last edited by northhike; 01-17-2013 at 01:28 PM.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:38 PM   #23

Liked 4792 Times on 2680 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

This has nothing to do with making schools safe. Not one item that Obama listed would do anything. The Liberals will now keep the Swinestien Ban in the news.
They can only Ban firearms by removing the 2nd A. They are not going to touch that one. They are only paying back the radical uninformed voters on the left.

Old 01-17-2013, 02:16 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 982 Times on 628 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Always remember "Those who would sacrifice essential liberty for temporary safety, deserve neither liberty or safety". -Benjamin Franklin

Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

People Like This 
Old 01-18-2013, 04:00 AM   #25

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj

The people are with you ... but what YOU need to do is get the manufacturers and suppliers to get with us You need to get any manufacturer or supplier that deals with any Law Enforcement Agency in the State of NY to refuse to do business with NY State ... no rifles, no handguns, no shotguns, no ammunition, no service, no warranty ..... NO NOTHING!!!

It is YOU and the Manufacturers that needs to stand with US ... and together we can work on removing every last traitorous bastard who proposes this kind of rights violating legislation!
This , by far, the best idea I have heard! Does anyone know who the suppliers are so we may write them?

Old 01-18-2013, 04:49 AM   #26

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
They can only Ban firearms by removing the 2nd A. They are not going to touch that one.

They're gonna keep watering down the 2nd Amendment with their laws until the 2nd Amendment has no meaning.

Old 01-18-2013, 01:28 PM   #27

Liked 6 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

For Christ's sake, the Lanza kid shot his mother and a bunch of kids. And the others were wanting to kill, just shooting at random targets. Does DC really think any new laws would stop that? If they do they're dumber than I thought. Even by their own admission more laws won't stop it. So if more laws wont stop it it has to be a power grab and an assault on 2A. There is obviously a societal issue but they choose instead to target law abiding citizens rather than the root cause.

Old 01-19-2013, 01:36 AM   #28

Liked 4525 Times on 2252 Posts
Likes Given: 1017

They always pass laws that don't address how to stop things like this from happening. I think they want mass shootings to keep happening until the public finally wants all guns banned.
These laws are by design, to encourage mass shooters, disarm law abiding citizens.

I don't need to ask why?, when liberals rocking Che Guevara shirts tell me I need to disarm.

Lawyers: Defending The Constitution and the citizen, since 1776.

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 01-19-2013, 03:43 AM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 982 Times on 628 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosin View Post
they always pass laws that don't address how to stop things like this from happening. I think they want mass shootings to keep happening until the public finally wants all guns banned.
These laws are by design, to encourage mass shooters, disarm law abiding citizens.

I don't need to ask why?, when liberals rocking che guevara shirts tell me i need to disarm.
^^^this^^^

Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Old 01-19-2013, 04:02 AM   #30

Liked 4792 Times on 2680 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

The Amendments to the Bill Of Rights are not like cheap whiskey. Watering down the thumbnails of the BORs is not that easy. Just remember you have to refer to the Federalist Papers to understand these Bullet points.
We have far more freedom to carry and bear arms by individuals than ever. We have a current choice of firearms that is greater than anytime or place in the world.
Abe Lincoln was very much a Tyrant during the Civil War. He closed presses in the Nothern states. He had people shot in the streets of New York City during the Draft Riots. He filled Northern prisons with people who disagreed with his Federal control. The Nation limped away on Easter Eve 1865 and the Nation survived. Keep the Faith Obama in no Abe Lincoln.