Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > NRA Stand and Fight

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 06:56 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 76 Times on 59 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Here's a video interview with the head of NRA

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/keene-obama-gun-ban/2013/01/15/id/471594?s=al&promo_code=11EBD-1

Old 01-16-2013, 11:49 AM   #12
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1354 Times on 688 Posts
Likes Given: 1011

Like it or not--and I know some gun owners have gotten a bit fed up with it--the NRA is still the most powerful voice we have. All those messages of doom they've been sending out for years don't seem so hysterical now in light of current events. The NRA can justifiably say: "We told you so."

Old 01-16-2013, 12:58 PM   #13

Liked 1956 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4285

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
The people are with you ... but what YOU need to do is get the manufacturers and suppliers to get with us You need to get any manufacturer or supplier that deals with any Law Enforcement Agency in the State of NY to refuse to do business with NY State ... no rifles, no handguns, no shotguns, no ammunition, no service, no warranty ..... NO NOTHING!!!

It is YOU and the Manufacturers that needs to stand with US ... and together we can work on removing every last traitorous bastard who proposes this kind of rights violating legislation!
THIS^^^Right there^^^Post of the year so far...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting
People Like This 
Old 01-16-2013, 02:13 PM   #14

Liked 391 Times on 212 Posts
Likes Given: 80

I think a lot of people are still holding the NRA's past sins against them. Regardless of their actions in the past, the organization seems to have transformed fundamentally. The NRA knows if they do not represent ALL gun owners in this fight they will quickly become irrelevant. Demonized by the media and considered ineffective by gun owners, they'll die off before Obama's 2nd term is up.

This time the NRA has some serious skin in the game. Fight for all they have or cease to exist as an organization.

I'm no NRA fan, I'm extremely leery of them. Right now though, I'm glad to have them. Never thought I'd say that.

"For every problem there is always a solution that is simple, obvious, and wrong." - Mark Twain

My Firearm Reviews -
Beretta U22 Neos
Magnum Research Baby Eagle II .45 ACP

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 01-16-2013, 02:21 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2579 Times on 1291 Posts
Likes Given: 246

Quote:
The people are with you ... but what YOU need to do is get the manufacturers and suppliers to get with us You need to get any manufacturer or supplier that deals with any Law Enforcement Agency in the State of NY to refuse to do business with NY State ... no rifles, no handguns, no shotguns, no ammunition, no service, no warranty ..... NO NOTHING!!!

It is YOU and the Manufacturers that needs to stand with US ... and together we can work on removing every last traitorous bastard who proposes this kind of rights violating legislation!
+100.
Stupid should hurt.
NRA Life Member

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand."
Milton Friedman
People Like This 
Old 01-16-2013, 02:35 PM   #16

Liked 4788 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Those NRA members 4 million who have supported the cause year after year has paid for your freedoms. Any gun owner who puts down any Pro Gun Org. needs to join another cause.

Old 01-16-2013, 04:02 PM   #17
NRA

Liked 18 Times on 3 Posts

“It’s not just our duty to protect them, it’s our right to protect them.” NRA’s proposal to put armed security in schools was sharply criticized by mainstream media. But parents and citizens feel differently — two-thirds support the plan. Media may speak for elites, but America will speak for itself. Click here to watch: http://www.nrastandandfight.com

america_speaks.jpg  
Old 01-17-2013, 02:22 AM   #18

Liked 6 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:

I feel for y'all in NY. There isn't any part of that bill that will help. And to hear the speech your governor gave was like listening to fingernails on a chalkboard. They have twisted and bent any meaning of the Constitution to meet their needs. What I find with a lot of the anti gun crowd is they have little to no depth of knowledge as to what the founders meant. They take the few lines and apply what they want it to mean. If they spent 15-20 minutes reading the letters, Federalist papers and any other writings involving 2A they would know. I just don't think they care. It doesn't fit their agenda. The signing of that law stopped my place of work dead in it's tracks once we found out what it entailed. No shipments to NY until further notice. Trust me, the mfr's are behind the 2A. Ruger was used as a pawn during the first ban and he later stated he regretted making that decision. His regret has bled over and I believe the industry learned a lesson. A snake is a snake and it will bite you despite it's promises There is a steadfast point of no retreat and it has been reached. I know many mfr employees are writing and the higher ups are doing their part. Just keep the pressure on.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:10 AM   #19

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by flat_black View Post
I feel for y'all in NY. There isn't any part of that bill that will help. And to hear the speech your governor gave was like listening to fingernails on a chalkboard. They have twisted and bent any meaning of the Constitution to meet their needs. What I find with a lot of the anti gun crowd is they have little to no depth of knowledge as to what the founders meant. They take the few lines and apply what they want it to mean. If they spent 15-20 minutes reading the letters, Federalist papers and any other writings involving 2A they would know. I just don't think they care. It doesn't fit their agenda. The signing of that law stopped my place of work dead in it's tracks once we found out what it entailed. No shipments to NY until further notice. Trust me, the mfr's are behind the 2A. Ruger was used as a pawn during the first ban and he later stated he regretted making that decision. His regret has bled over and I believe the industry learned a lesson. A snake is a snake and it will bite you despite it's promises There is a steadfast point of no retreat and it has been reached. I know many mfr employees are writing and the higher ups are doing their part. Just keep the pressure on.
Any word coming out of SHOT as to what the industry's intent is regarding NY?

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 01-17-2013, 04:50 AM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 405 Times on 240 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRA
“It’s not just our duty to protect them, it’s our right to protect them.” NRA’s proposal to put armed security in schools was sharply criticized by mainstream media. But parents and citizens feel differently — two-thirds support the plan. Media may speak for elites, but America will speak for itself. Click here to watch: http://www.nrastandandfight.com
You know when I heard that proposal, I thought what a great way to secure schools. Even if its made up of trained volunteers, off duty cops, active military, veterans, people who have been trained and stood a watch. Could even implement a training program for parents that want to stand a watch. I don't have kids but I wouldn't hesitate for a minute to sacrifice a days pay to stand a post to protect a school. Guess the people taking care of the people is too easy of a solution for the liberal mind to comprehend

My pistols, however, I always kept by me.
Jesse James

People Like This