NRA Press conference - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > NRA Press conference

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 01:05 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4130 Times on 2020 Posts
Likes Given: 798

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter
Being pro gun and asking the old antigun question "Why does anyone need that"? Makes me wonder?

With all due respect, I think you may be missing my point. I personally don't care if you, or anyone else, legally owns or operates a Barrett 50 cal. The question in my mind, at some point, becomes, where do you draw the line? Should a guy be able to purchase a 16 inch deck-gun from a battleship? How about a 20mm cannon, etc. That was my point. There has to be a boundary out there somewhere - we should not be afraid to be a part of where that boundary gets set. The NRA (of which I am a member) is very powerful but not more powerful than the US Government. IMHO, 2nd amendment supporters/protectors will be very disappointed if the NRA simply says "we got nothing" when it comes to this discussion - because there will be decisions made that we have to live by, and I for one would want the NRA to be involved with that.
Except your question has been answered by law, and regulation. Those items are classified as NFA items, or are illegal to possess.

The line is being drawn right here. At so called 'assault weapons'. That's it.

What is available to own, RIGHT NOW. Don't **** with it.
That's all anyone is saying

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 12-29-2012, 01:33 PM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1274 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

South Carolina is presently working on a bill to do the following:
1. Exempt South Carolina and its residents from all federal gun laws.
2. Prohibit any gun-free zones.
3. Allow any resident who is eligible to own a gun to carry either concealed or open carry anywhere in the state.
4. Make it legal for certain convicted felons to own and carry a gun for personal protection if the felony for which they were convicted did not involve violence nor a weapon.
5. Make it unlawful for any business, church, or school to post a sign prohibiting firearms.
6. Permit faculty and staff to carry firearms in school, as well as any adult who is eligible to possess a firearm.

It will be an uphill battle, but SC is a strong conservative state, so I have some hope...
South Carolina has also filed a petition with Washington requesting to secede from the United States.

Last edited by AIKIJUTSU; 12-29-2012 at 01:35 PM.
People Like This 
Old 12-29-2012, 01:37 PM   #33

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

The next thing NRA members will want is Deck Guns? Lets stop gun owners now draw a line? Trolling is also a big problem.

Old 12-29-2012, 01:45 PM   #34
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2206 Times on 1198 Posts
Likes Given: 797

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
The next thing NRA members will want is Deck Guns? Lets stop gun owners now draw a line? Trolling is also a big problem.
I want a 30mm Bushmaster to mount on my porch. That should keep the bad guys away. I don't need the expensive stabilized model. I'll just take the inexpensive standard mount. Because that's all I really need.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 12-29-2012, 01:49 PM   #35

Liked 2049 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker
Don't start with the trolling bit, man. I guess troll in your world = someone who isn't 100% on board with you? Give it a rest, that junk just discourages new members and ruins threads.

Old 12-29-2012, 06:14 PM   #36
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
Being pro gun and asking the old antigun question "Why does anyone need that"? Makes me wonder?

With all due respect, I think you may be missing my point. I personally don't care if you, or anyone else, legally owns or operates a Barrett 50 cal. The question in my mind, at some point, becomes, where do you draw the line? Should a guy be able to purchase a 16 inch deck-gun from a battleship? How about a 20mm cannon, etc. That was my point. There has to be a boundary out there somewhere - we should not be afraid to be a part of where that boundary gets set. The NRA (of which I am a member) is very powerful but not more powerful than the US Government. IMHO, 2nd amendment supporters/protectors will be very disappointed if the NRA simply says "we got nothing" when it comes to this discussion - because there will be decisions made that we have to live by, and I for one would want the NRA to be involved with that.
the line has been drawn many times and at the expense of law abiding gun owners, not the criminals they want to restrict from purchasing or possessing firearms. there is the NFA of 1934 for one, the Gun Control Act of 1968 and the Hughes Amendment of 1986 and the Brady Bill of 1993. these are just some of the federal laws and not including those passed by the individual states. we as gun owners have had our 2nd amendment rights trample because of what a few deranged people have done and they try to make people feel better by passing more gun control laws.

we should not be afraid to part of where the boundary is set? sorry kind of sounds like the dog that's suppose to be protecting the chicken coop taking the chickens to the fox! i have no desire to help them set new boundaries on what i can own.

just for clarification, what concessions and compromises do you propose we let them have in regards to what we can or can't own?
Old 12-29-2012, 06:35 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
South Carolina is presently working on a bill to do the following:
1. Exempt South Carolina and its residents from all federal gun laws.
2. Prohibit any gun-free zones.
3. Allow any resident who is eligible to own a gun to carry either concealed or open carry anywhere in the state.
4. Make it legal for certain convicted felons to own and carry a gun for personal protection if the felony for which they were convicted did not involve violence nor a weapon.
5. Make it unlawful for any business, church, or school to post a sign prohibiting firearms.
6. Permit faculty and staff to carry firearms in school, as well as any adult who is eligible to possess a firearm.

It will be an uphill battle, but SC is a strong conservative state, so I have some hope...
South Carolina has also filed a petition with Washington requesting to secede from the United States.
with the exception of #5, i can pretty much agree with that.

reason i disagree with that is, no it should not be unlawful for such places to prohibit guns. business' are still private property and as such, the property owner should have the right to decide such things. churches are sstill private and as such, they should still have the right to decide such issues. schools should decide this by district and the decision made by the school board.

why i feel as i do, is simple if a business, church or school decides they don't want firearms on their premises for whatever reason, then we can make choices as to either go elsewhere of legally comply with their rights. schools if they decide this by district, then if parents don't agree, then they should be allowed to enroll their children in another district that does allow CC without penalization to the parents for putting their children in a different district.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:39 PM   #38

Liked 4130 Times on 2020 Posts
Likes Given: 798

Of course, rule 5 doesn't apply to smoking. Oh NOEZ!!!!! Can't let people allow SMOKING on their private property!!!

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 12-29-2012, 06:51 PM   #39

Liked 2049 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

just for clarification, what concessions and compromises do you propose we let them have in regards to what we can or can't own?
I don't propose any Axxe. I just believe it is important to be a part of the process otherwise we can lose big. I don't want to give up jack squat

Old 12-29-2012, 06:57 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
Of course, rule 5 doesn't apply to smoking. Oh NOEZ!!!!! Can't let people allow SMOKING on their private property!!!
i agree. i hate it when they pass city ordinances that prohibit smoking. at least some passed ordinances that they can have smoking as long as the smoking and non-smoking areas are seperated. but the business or establishment should have the right to decide this issue. if you don't like being in a place where people smoke, then go elsewhere. i smoke and my father doesn't allow people to smoke in his home. when i visit him, i respect his wishes because it is his right to make that decision.

i will say this again and i have had some negative PM's because of it, but i will stand firm in my belief that the rights of the property owner trump those of others rights to carry firearms. let the attacks begin!