Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > NRA Press conference

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2012, 03:00 PM   #1
fmj
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 749 Times on 433 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Default NRA Press conference

Finally found and watched the press conference in its entirety.

DAMNIT MAN!! I almost wrote the check and re-instated my lifetime membership after listening to Wayne speak the common sense we all know to be true. But i am not a knee jerk kinda a person. I will wait and watch what their ACTIONS are in the coming months....but they may just win me back.

Although i didnt agree with all of his ideas ( i rarely do agree with anybody on everything) i DO agree we need to do something NOW. But i dont think a security person at each school goes far enough...Columbine had two armed security professionals on duty...they were the first killed. But its a great first step to get us moving in the correct direction.

I like my plan to arm EVERY school staffer that so chooses to be armed. CONCEALED CARRY at all time while at school, Intensive defensive shooting courses, crisis remediation training, frangible bullets. Co-ordinated by the "trained professional" on duty.

My plan ASSURES nearly instant response by trained individuals and the scumbags cannot case the joint and know where and when the one or two armed security will be...they just will not be able to know where the resistance will be.

http://youtu.be/AmFYFrbH6S8

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-22-2012, 03:43 PM   #2

Liked 3679 Times on 1756 Posts
Likes Given: 619

I don't know where you got your info, but the security officer on duty wasn't killed. He was in the parking lot and stayed outside like the police did. At that time their training wasn't to go in after a shooter, that's changed.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 12-22-2012, 03:53 PM   #3
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
I don't know where you got your info, but the security officer on duty wasn't killed. He was in the parking lot and stayed outside like the police did. At that time their training wasn't to go in after a shooter, that's changed.
Dude, its been a long time and i havent brushed up on the details in a long time.

Mayhaps it was the first responding cops on scene were the first taken out...anywho, IMHO, in a columbine type situation (where the psychos planned out the attack well in advance) armed security officers would be first to go, would be the primary/prime targets.

My point(s) being the idea/common knowledge that ANY person in the building could possibly offer immediate resistance is a greater deterent then just one or two "dedicated" security officers.

AIKIJUTSU Likes This 
Old 12-22-2012, 04:03 PM   #4

I agree fully with your ideas. I'm just saying (and im guilty of this too), do a quick search before you say anything. Like I responded, I agree with you, but when debating an anti, they just take any wrong statement, discredit you, and throw everything you say away.

You can make the most salient points on Earth, but for nothing by making wrong statements.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 12-22-2012, 04:08 PM   #5

12 dead students, 1 dead coach, and 2 shooters by self inflicted gun shot wounds.

Old 12-22-2012, 04:15 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1124 Times on 659 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Something that complicates the worthy solution (arming the staff) is the "no guns within 1000 feet of a school" Federal law. I think that if a school armed the civilian teachers, the next thing that would happen is that the playboys of the "Secret" Service or FIB - er - I mean FBI would arrest them on that grounds. That dumbass law has got to be repealed.

Old 12-22-2012, 04:16 PM   #7
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
I agree fully with your ideas. I'm just saying (and im guilty of this too), do a quick search before you say anything. Like I responded, I agree with you, but when debating an anti, they just take any wrong statement, discredit you, and throw everything you say away.

You can make the most salient points on Earth, but for nothing by making wrong statements.
agreed! I know this. I have actually given that advice to others here of late. but not debating an anti here...i just tossed up the NRA press conference and pointed to what i see as some flaws in the plan outlined.

Good Krist, i just heard Fineswine spouting off about how the "armed security" was the first killed at columbine. It struck a chord and seemed to remember there being dead cops or security at the scene. Like a say, been a long time ago. Guess i better do some giggle searching and brush up on the mass shooting facts again.

The antis couldnt/wouldnt POSSIBLY spew mis information, would they??

One must "go to battle girded with knowledge" to be effective.

Thanks for the "chiding"

Old 12-22-2012, 04:17 PM   #8
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
Something that complicates the worthy solution (arming the staff) is the "no guns within 1000 feet of a school" Federal law. I think that if a school armed the civilian teachers, the next thing that would happen is that the playboys of the "Secret" Service or FIB - er - I mean FBI would arrest them on that grounds. That dumbass law has got to be repealed.
Yep, yep...gotta happen!

Old 12-22-2012, 05:59 PM   #9

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU
Not true, don't forget there is a Texas school that has allowed properly trained staffers to carry since '08.

Not to mention here in Indiana we can carry onto school property if we are dropping off or picking up our kids. We just aren't allowed to take the weapon out of the vehicle.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 12-22-2012, 06:53 PM   #10
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks View Post
Not true, don't forget there is a Texas school that has allowed properly trained staffers to carry since '08.

Not to mention here in Indiana we can carry onto school property if we are dropping off or picking up our kids. We just aren't allowed to take the weapon out of the vehicle
True enough, thanks that raft of new gun legislation My Man Mitch signed into law July of 11.

(a dirty little secret about entering schools here...concealed means concealed shhhhhhh!)