Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Now THIS is what the NRA needs...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2013, 12:58 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 663 Times on 366 Posts
Likes Given: 1368

Default Now THIS is what the NRA needs...

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/03/26/nras-new-beat-meet-the-young-guns/?hpt=hp_t4

Young, enthusiastic, intellegent... spreading the truth.
PS... Screw Jim Carrey. If he doesn't like it here.. go home to Canada.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-27-2013, 01:06 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 326 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 149

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1760 View Post
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/03/26/nras-new-beat-meet-the-young-guns/?hpt=hp_t4

I think this a good move educating the youngsters.

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...

Old 03-27-2013, 01:07 AM   #3

Liked 516 Times on 281 Posts
Likes Given: 172

Here is part of the article. It is clearly political. I was told stories like this don't belong in this forum.

>>>>The new video is interwoven with footage of the three shooting at a gun range and talking about their passion for educating people on guns. A trendy, modern beat can be heard under visuals of the personalities shooting different types firearms, with shells and casings discharging in slow motion.

The new video in particular takes a swipe at "politicians, media elites and celebrity puppets" for being what they describe as ignorant of guns and proper terminology.

"They have no idea what the difference is between a shotgun and an AR-15, and then they think AR-15s are fully automatic, which is completely false," argues Natalie Foster, who runs the website "A Girl's Guide to Guns."

A number of celebrities have indeed used their platform to call for more gun control. Dozens of A-listers took part in a December ad for Mayors Against Illegal Guns, calling for a plan against gun violence.

On Monday, actor Jim Carrey released a parody video on the comedy website "Funny or Die," in which Carrey mocks Charlton Heston's declaration that gun control advocates would have to pry his firearms "from my cold, dead hands." The late actor and former NRA president made the statement in a 2000 speech to NRA members.

Wearing a New York Yankees hat, another NRA commentator Colion Noir, the "urban gun enthusiast," praises the practice of shooting as a peaceful and tranquil experience.

"There is something about going out into the middle of nowhere that is so awe-inspiring, so relaxing and you hear nothing except the sound of a gun going off," he says. Noir, who joined NRA News slightly earlier than the other two, says he was not pro-guns until he went to a gun range for the first time.

Dom Raso, the third personality and former Navy SEAL, talks about his frustration with some people perceiving guns as nothing but lethal weapons.

"The killing machine is here," Raso says, pointing to his head. "It's not in your hand."

He also takes issue with Vice President Joe Biden, the administration's leading voice on the push for tighter gun laws. President Barack Obama and Biden have actively advocated for a ban on semiautomatic rifles modeled after military-style weapons, as well as a limit to magazine capacities.

Biden drew criticism for advising in a Facebook town hall to use a shotgun and shoot twice in the air as a way to fend off intruders. Critics argue that's simply a way to waste ammunition.

"It's ridiculous to hear our vice president trying to tell me or anybody else what they should be doing to defend their home, period," Raso says in the video.

The video comes days after Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid formally introduced gun legislation to expand the background check system and create tougher laws for gun trafficking. The powerful NRA has been fiercely opposed to any restrictions on current gun laws and Washington is gearing up for a showdown when the Senate returns for debate on the bill in two weeks.<<<<

Old 03-27-2013, 01:10 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 326 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 149

Yeah. I would put this in legal and activism. "Firearms in the media" is for stories where recent incidents with firearms has occurred. AKA a break in where a gun has stopped a home invasion etc etc. I made this mistake as well. No big deal, just need a mod to move it. I favor this organization as it is easier to read the articles and not get caught up.

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...

Old 03-27-2013, 01:15 AM   #5

Then leave it for the mods to move. It's at least something REMOTELY possitive about gun ownership in the mainstream media.... what a rarity?

Old 03-27-2013, 01:26 AM   #6

Liked 516 Times on 281 Posts
Likes Given: 172

Quote:
Then leave it for the mods to move. It's at least something REMOTELY possitive about gun ownership in the mainstream media.... what a rarity?

My apologies to you Sir. I personally have no problem with your thread being here. I think it's a good topic.

I was just wondering why the mods let some threads like this stay while they blindly delete others?

Last edited by steadyshot; 03-27-2013 at 01:29 AM.

Old 03-27-2013, 01:29 AM   #7

Liked 9197 Times on 5054 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Maybe they just haven't seen it yet?...

Old 03-27-2013, 02:18 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadyshot View Post
My apologies to you Sir. I personally have no problem with your thread being here. I think it's a good topic.
I was just wondering why the mods let some threads like this stay while they blindly delete others?
No apologies needed... I'm sure if it needs to be moved they'll do it. Trust me... I'm of a very thick skin (and skull according to my wife).
Old 04-04-2013, 09:40 PM   #9

Liked 320 Times on 185 Posts
Likes Given: 354

Quote:

No Jim Carrey need not go home,just fire his bodyguards would mean a true anti-gun personality!

Old 04-05-2013, 12:06 AM   #10

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I've been arguing this for YEARS!!! The majority of gun enthusiasts are *NO OFFENSE* of the older generations. I just turned 29 and I only choose to surround myself with like-minded individuals. Most people my age are terrified by firearms. They've come from homes with parents who never owned guns and want NOTHING to do with them. It's really sad. My cousin is a homicide detective and only a few years older than me and I speak to him as much as I do my parents which is almost every day. We get it. Most my age don't. Good job for the NRA for trying to reach out to the youth, because they will be the next generations to start getting into congress and major political voting. Good thread!!

All guns are created equal