Neighbor sees 60 year old attacked and grabs his gun instead of his phone! - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Neighbor sees 60 year old attacked and grabs his gun instead of his phone!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2014, 07:17 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 319 Times on 254 Posts
Likes Given: 34

I'll call 911 after the immediate threat is over . Wasting a couple minutes to call 911 could have caused that man his life. You might yell to neighbors to call 911 while you shoot the BG's. Think about what you want neighbors to do if 3 guys are tap dancing on your head as it can happen to any of us. I can hear it know, NO I'll wait for the cops , don't shoot the damd bad guys !!

Many states also do not allow any law suits in a justified shooting from any family members.

I live in a small neighborhood that everyone is a hunter/gun person and anyone that does not belong here and will confront a stranger in a friendly manner but will be armed . All good .

Some 30 years ago I had to take a 4 foot sands level after 3 surf bumbs that were giving a old man crap as he tried walked away from them. Surprising how quickly they were suddenly all so sorry and gona go back to the beach.

If no one does anything the BG's will take over.

Last edited by hardluk1; 07-06-2014 at 07:21 PM.
People Like This 
Old 07-06-2014, 09:17 PM   #52
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 3178 Times on 1652 Posts
Likes Given: 322

Thanks Hardluck. As many have discovered, most of these thugs are cowards who have to travel in packs. When opposed by even similar force, they generally back down pretty quickly.

Sheep, Wolves and Sheepdogs. Wolves travel in packs. They rarely attack sheepdogs unless they have vastly superior numbers. Keep your sheep dog mentality and the wilves are kept at bay.

AIKIJUTSU Likes This 
Old 07-06-2014, 10:11 PM   #53
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 594 Times on 282 Posts
Likes Given: 100

Default Robocop...

Thank you for your service and being "on the job"...I don't envy the job of a LEO ..I am sure you don't always see the best side of people...But I am grateful for what you do...
"All war must be just the killing of strangers against whom you feel no personal animosity; strangers whom, in other circumstances, you would help if you found them in trouble, and who would help you if you needed it" Mark Twain

Old 07-06-2014, 11:43 PM   #54
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 3178 Times on 1652 Posts
Likes Given: 322

Thanks. I don't like the NYPD "on the job" thing. To me, it is a calling, not a job. People ask me if I like working where I do. My reply is that I would be a fool to do it for 30 years if I did not like it.
hardluk1 Likes This 
Old 07-08-2014, 04:28 PM   #55
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1279 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

The guy was right for intervening. In some places it could take 45 minutes for an officer to arrive on the scene. In such a case, all there would be left to do would be to call the coroner and write up a report. That wouldn't have done the old man much good.

Old 07-09-2014, 05:45 PM   #56

Liked 319 Times on 254 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Law enforcement and military . To jobs that if you make it for a couple years , get in some tight spots and can sleep with how you reacted you had better plan on retiring there or you probably wasted a number years of your life. . When I left Florida for NC 17 years ago I sold my house to my riding buddy , a city leo then. He retired with the city after 28 years and then went to work as a community serve officer and should have another 15 years in . Now he is not jumping into as many tight spot any more but he loves his job . I will bet they will have to retired him when he needs a walker to get to his car or can't see the targets to qualify . Meanwhile the BGs are still out there . Officers and good guys stay smart ,stay safe.