Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > More good news for NC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2013, 03:03 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 301 Times on 134 Posts
Likes Given: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
I really fail to see how sales tax would deter me from buying online, especially from an in state company, if it helps keep a major gun manufacture in my state(who's escaping a gun grabbing state) I think I'm ok with that.in NC we pay sales tax on everything else anyway.

Maybe someone could enlighten my dim mind
The problem I run into paying sales tax on online buys is that I have to pay S & H AND tax. So in the end it's almost cheaper to buy locally then go online. That is the point of charging sales tax on online retailers, chilling the market for the benefit local sellers.
Criminals are never materially handicapped by such rules; the only effect is to disarm the peaceful citizen and put him fully at the mercy of the lawless. Such rules look very pretty on paper; in practice they are as foolish and footless as the attempt of the mice to bell the cat.

Letter to Alice Dalgliesh, the editor who was censoring his manuscript for Red Planet, regarding gun control registration and control Published in 1949

Old 08-19-2013, 12:15 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1381 Times on 938 Posts
Likes Given: 474

Most of the time I can get the items on the shopruger site for less at brownells or numrich. I got a nice set of stocks for my blackhawk from Jack First that ruger no longer makes for $30. shopruger.com has high prices to protect their retailers. It would be right stupid to cut your retailers throat.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 08-19-2013, 04:00 AM   #13

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Either way, bringing their business to a more gun friendly state like NC is not only good news for us NC residents but good news for the gun industry and like stated, we need more to follow suit.

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.