Marine with concealed carry permit stops man from beating woman - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Marine with concealed carry permit stops man from beating woman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2013, 10:59 PM   #11
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7468 Times on 4072 Posts
Likes Given: 15369

I don't have any sympathy for habitually battered women who stay in a violent relationship. But that wasn't the case here. If you can help, help. Law enforcement investigates crimes after the fact. Sure, call them. But help if you can.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Old 03-14-2013, 01:10 AM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5802 Times on 3029 Posts
Likes Given: 397

the west allis chief doesnt seem to have a problem with a goblin beating the crap out of a defenseless woman but he sure doesnt want another citizen getting involved...

police chiefs like this one and that clown flynn next door milwaukee should never be allowed to work in a policing environment after espousing this crap.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-14-2013, 04:21 AM   #13

Liked 78 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Charley Blackmore did exactly the right thing. I would like to think it is exactly what I would have done, and will do should the circumstance occur.

The "... don't encourage ..." part is a general statement. The statement and sentiment comes from the suspicion that the general public is not trained to handle such matters on a physical level. That suspicion may or may not be true in any given instance. Mr. Blackmore is a Marine - an honor I share, by the way - but Marine training is not the same as police training. For instance, 'rules of engagement - shooting' are not identical.

At this point, I'll restate my original comment. Mr. Beckmore did exactly the right thing: Minimal force to accomplish an arrest.

I don't know if the chief of police is anti-gun or not. (If he is, he's sadly ignorant of reality.) However, he really cannot say something like "Everyone get a gun and pretend you are all cops." Note that the chief did not condemn the actions of Mr. Blackmore. Nor does it appear Mr. Blackmore is under any threat of charges or further action.

One also has to salute the officer involved in the action. That officer reacted to the situation (an unidentified - at that point - man holding another man at gunpoint) with calm and good judgement. That's a good officer with good skills.

Finally back in the United States!
OIIOHH
See my blog at:
http://oldmanmontgomery.wordpress.com/

Old 03-14-2013, 12:20 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2186 Times on 1190 Posts
Likes Given: 3327

Quote:
Did I read that right? Did I see that the police chief said he doesn't encourage that type of behavior? What type of behavior does he want from his citizens? To all be victims? Mr. Blackmore is a hero in my book. God bless him.
^^^^^^^^^^^^
This:

In the late 70s a friend intervened when he saw a scumbag beating on a lady with a shotgun in the driveway to his motel. Dabney told the scumbag to stop beating the lady, the scumbag pointed the shotgun at Dabney and was DRT-shot with a Marlin .35 Remington rifle.

The scumbag has a long record of beating on his wife. The beatings stopped that day.

Old 03-14-2013, 01:15 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Now that's a definition of hero: Charlie Blackmore.

Old 03-14-2013, 01:33 PM   #16
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManMontgomery View Post
Charley Blackmore did exactly the right thing. I would like to think it is exactly what I would have done, and will do should the circumstance occur.

The "... don't encourage ..." part is a general statement. The statement and sentiment comes from the suspicion that the general public is not trained to handle such matters on a physical level. That suspicion may or may not be true in any given instance. Mr. Blackmore is a Marine - an honor I share, by the way - but Marine training is not the same as police training. For instance, 'rules of engagement - shooting' are not identical.

At this point, I'll restate my original comment. Mr. Beckmore did exactly the right thing: Minimal force to accomplish an arrest.

I don't know if the chief of police is anti-gun or not. (If he is, he's sadly ignorant of reality.) However, he really cannot say something like "Everyone get a gun and pretend you are all cops." Note that the chief did not condemn the actions of Mr. Blackmore. Nor does it appear Mr. Blackmore is under any threat of charges or further action.

One also has to salute the officer involved in the action. That officer reacted to the situation (an unidentified - at that point - man holding another man at gunpoint) with calm and good judgement. That's a good officer with good skills.
(Im not aiming this at you but at the topic you bring up of police chiefs with this blanket statement they use and why its destructive.)

Police should never discourage citizens from intervening in a situation where no police are present. The average joe/jane are almost always first responders and frequently save lives of other citizens and police officers themselves.

Most people and im speaking of the overwhelming vast majority will do the right thing in such situations. Fearing someone at some point in the distant future MIGHT make a mistake is what has led us to an over bloated federal government dictating womb to tomb living conditions that have served only to make us less secure less safe and less free.

When a society ascribes to the illformed belief only a government entity has the decision making ability to act to save another person is the moment that it is no longer a free society.

This doesnt mean we are all going to run around being police, it means i have faith in my fellow citizen to do the right thing if they intervene

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 03-14-2013 at 01:35 PM.
People Like This 
Old 03-14-2013, 05:13 PM   #17
FTF_MODERATOR.png

blackmore did an interview on local talk radio this morning. wisn 1130am and he retold his story with more details.

what he said was he stopped his car got out and the goblin saw him do that and started to step away pretending he didnt do nuttin' when blackmore asked what was going on the goblin stopped and started toward him thats when he drew his gun, with an empty chamber... he is just damn lucky he didnt need to use a non-operable firearm!!

the gun was an xdm 9mm.

the west allis officers he said were exceptionally grateful and thankful for stopping and rendering aid. the police did not take his firearm. once the police showed up he holstered his gun and put his hands up until the police confirmed his identity.

Old 03-14-2013, 06:24 PM   #18

Liked 3028 Times on 1809 Posts
Likes Given: 2051

i REALLY wish the woman who was attacked would make an effort to PUBLICLY thank this man for coming to her aid.

Old 03-14-2013, 06:44 PM   #19

Liked 72 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
God bless Charlie Blackmore!!
Amen!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-14-2013, 07:15 PM   #20
Weapons Aficianado
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4845 Times on 1657 Posts
Likes Given: 1462

Here's the interview with Blackmore, showing the pistol mentioned above.

http://www.wisn.com/news/south-east-wisconsin/milwaukee/Marine-veteran-pulls-gun-to-stop-West-Allis-beating/-/10148890/19309454/-/7pkqf0/-/index.html

NSDQ