Man survives being shot 21 times - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Man survives being shot 21 times

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2012, 03:28 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandMonster View Post
99% of those guys are f***ing heros in my book. I understand that light has to be shed on corruption and unjustified shooting. I just hope that the intention of the writers was not to knock all the good guys down a notch.
how much actual interaction have you personally had with NYPD?

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 09-25-2012, 04:41 AM   #42

Liked 4885 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

I appreciate the job our local LEO's do...personally, I have no use for them but recognize "others" do and if it were not for police officers efforts, I would HAVE TO deal with these "others."

All I ask from cops is that they don't SHOOT FREAKING CIVILIAN everytime they see an armed perp or hear a gunshot. If your natural reaction to danger is to EMPTY YOUR GLOCK in the general direction of the threat...then you have NO FREAKING BUSINESS wearing a gun or a badge!

I've no desire to shoot anyone but ass clown cops like NY's are the reason I now train to the apricot, armpits, and femoral arteries.

Tack

Old 09-25-2012, 06:15 AM   #43
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2846 Times on 1485 Posts
Likes Given: 251

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
It is called spray and pray and is the typical scenario for many law enforcement encounters.
Actually it is called "Sympathetic Discharge". In a tense situation someone, anyone goes "bang" and everyone goes bang (bang, bang, bang). It happens in the military. It happens in LE. It probably happens elsewhere also.

Once the first round goes off, everyone is reacting to the shots they hear (even their own). Few people (LE or Military) can tell you, after a firefight, how many ronds they fired.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 09-25-2012, 03:45 PM   #44

Liked 14 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1
I appreciate the job our local LEO's do...personally, I have no use for them but recognize "others" do and if it were not for police officers efforts, I would HAVE TO deal with these "others."

All I ask from cops is that they don't SHOOT FREAKING CIVILIAN everytime they see an armed perp or hear a gunshot.
I am going to preface this by saying that I am not trying to troll this thread. I just don't suffer fools quietly. That being said:

So you think you have no use for LEOs? That because you own a gun you can protect yourself and everyone you hold dear at all times from everyone? Are you nuts? If the sheepdogs were suddenly taken away the wolves would be on you in a second and you could not stop them. If you had nothing you would starve, and if you had anything you would be killed and it would be taken away from you. When you go to bed tonight be thankful that there are people out there, with guns, watching your back.

Do you think the people of New York pay 40,000 people to watch their back for nothing? Without all the good officers out there putting themselves in harms way the whole system would shut down and degrade into feudalism at best.

To say that officers shoot civilians often is a GROSS overstatement and frankly very unfair. Unfortunately, I'd does happen as collateral damage. Sometimes people in the wrong place at the wrong time (often with the wrong people) get caught in the crossfire. It's unfortunate but I can't see any way to guarantee that it never happens.

Old 09-26-2012, 05:30 AM   #45

Liked 4885 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Quote:
I am going to preface this by saying that I am not trying to troll this thread. I just don't suffer fools quietly. That being said:

So you think you have no use for LEOs? That because you own a gun you can protect yourself and everyone you hold dear at all times from everyone? Are you nuts? If the sheepdogs were suddenly taken away the wolves would be on you in a second and you could not stop them. If you had nothing you would starve, and if you had anything you would be killed and it would be taken away from you. When you go to bed tonight be thankful that there are people out there, with guns, watching your back.

Do you think the people of New York pay 40,000 people to watch their back for nothing? Without all the good officers out there putting themselves in harms way the whole system would shut down and degrade into feudalism at best.

To say that officers shoot civilians often is a GROSS overstatement and frankly very unfair. Unfortunately, I'd does happen as collateral damage. Sometimes people in the wrong place at the wrong time (often with the wrong people) get caught in the crossfire. It's unfortunate but I can't see any way to guarantee that it never happens.
Suffer No Fools...Hmm

1. I do not and would not live in the human soup that is NYC or ANY metro area.
2. The handfull of phony toughs and crazy braves we DO have would fall quickly if not for the protection LEO's provide THEM from folks like me.

3. While I do respect what LEO's do "and said so", I've personally never needed there services and if it weren't for laws protecting scum...no one would need them, we'd simply put rabid folks in the ground.

But maybee I'm all wet and the current:
Revolving door justice system
Ever expanding police forces
Militarization of said forces
...and the piss poor training given to our "protectors" REALLY IS THE TICKET to sustained liberty?

Think hard now...and don't be alarmed if you hear a loud pop accompanied by a sore sphincter and a stiff neck...thats just your head finally dislodging from your ass!

Tack
Old 09-26-2012, 05:57 AM   #46
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8453 Times on 4897 Posts
Likes Given: 11020

Quote:

I've been to NYC once. Don't care to ever go back. What a cesspool. The reason they have to have so many cops is because the citizens of NYC must be told what to do. They are the sheep in need of the sheepdogs.

You presume far too much when you say what someone else would think or do if there were no police. I live in the country where the police more often than not ask for help from those of us who live here more frequently than we ask for their help.

They say that if you can survive in NYC then you can survive anywhere. I ask if you can survive anywhere then why the Hell would you live in NYC???
Old 09-26-2012, 06:03 AM   #47

Liked 112 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 85

He shot him in the chest? WTH! Dick Cheney could do better. At least he can pull off a headshot.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Terry V Ohio Commentary

Old 09-26-2012, 09:18 AM   #48

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

.facebook_-1624347368.jpg

NEVER FORGET

People Like This 
Old 09-26-2012, 12:02 PM   #49

Liked 43 Times on 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm

Actually it is called "Sympathetic Discharge". In a tense situation someone, anyone goes "bang" and everyone goes bang (bang, bang, bang). It happens in the military. It happens in LE. It probably happens elsewhere also.

Once the first round goes off, everyone is reacting to the shots they hear (even their own). Few people (LE or Military) can tell you, after a firefight, how many ronds they fired.
Hey it happened at the Battles of Lexington and Concord why would anything chang now

Old 09-26-2012, 12:17 PM   #50

Liked 43 Times on 27 Posts

Landmonster u want some cream for that burn