Man survives being shot 21 times - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Man survives being shot 21 times

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2012, 01:45 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
USEBOTHHANDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ferriday,LA
Posts: 1,332
Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

Default

uh-oh, they pissed him off now.........that's about what Peter Weller of RoboCop took before he came back as........well....you know!!!

__________________

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me

USEBOTHHANDS is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:35 AM   #32
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dog2000tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,309
Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Let's try that with an average Big Apple's finest- How old when you learned to shoot? 22, in the Academy. Deer hunting? You mean like those country hicks? Non-work guns? You mean like a backup gun? Naw, don't have the permits for those. Shooting when not working? Only if someone is paying me overtime.

now that's some cold hard truth right there!
__________________

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

dog2000tj is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:31 AM   #33
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
shamrockbail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 14
Default

Not to defend the NYPD, but they do have 40,000 Cops ! That said, to the guy that posted all the scandalous Newspaper Articles, Im sure you would find 10articles of bravery and Heroics vs the g
4 or 5 corruption ones...Can anyone here comprehend 40,000 Officers ? That is insane ! Its not the 20-30 Cop Towns most of you all live in, had they had 1-2 go bad well that would be a big number..
Cops are human, Cops are apt to react to situations just because a respected Sr Officer is Firing his gun triggers the Jr Officer to respond as well..
NYC used to be a Cess pool, there Murder rate was over 1000 Homicides a Year, They have cut that down to under 400-500.. Phila For instance has 1/10th of NYC's populace but has a higher body count annually for last decade, so they must be doing something right ..

Lastly as both a Former Military Policeman and Retired (Line of Duty Injury) who has been a member of a county Swat Team and witnessed one of the Best Cops I know get killed by making a tactical mistake, I can say this, Unless you were in that position at that particular moment, You have NO IDEA what you are talking about.. Its easy to hit targets, its easier to say you would do A,B and C, in training, but until it happens you dont know how you will react, you can train and prepare and once adrenaline is in play along w the opening of a gun barrell pointed at you we wont know...

Cops should be more proficient w Firearms, as a Former Cop I know only about 40-50% of all thr cops I know are even close to proficient.. I for one come from a line of Cops who wouldnt allow you to live it down if you couldnt shoot, and not all Cops are meant to be a Cop either.. In a stressful environment the real person is revealed.. The Stress shows not there Faults but there true character, that said I believe you should have to have some real world experience before becoming a Police Officer, as there are too many 20-24 year olds that have no clue on jow to treat People that they believe Serve Them..

__________________
shamrockbail is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:45 PM   #34
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
levelcross's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Raleigh,NC
Posts: 977
Liked 164 Times on 116 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Default

I too, like Winds would love the chance to go qualify with the local LEO's and see how I do. My CC instructor is a local Sheriff Deputy and reloads his own ammo just so he can afford to shoot more at the range. The department only allows him a set amount of ammo a month for practice. I fail to see the reasoning behind this as keeping them well trained will no doubt be the first step in keeping them safe.

With all of the ammo the Government is buying up one would think that practice ammo would be available, at least in reasonable amounts. With so many people watching instead of getting to cover, shot placement and gun control are such important factors in keeping civilians safe as well as the LEO's. Qualification testing really might need another look to make sure it is enough to keep our officers trained to the level that is required.

__________________

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

levelcross is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:11 PM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pendleton, 29670,South Carolina
Posts: 2,586
Liked 1274 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Default

Another hysterical reaction by NYPD. Spray-n-pray. Don't take time to aim just one shot. It also appears they didn't even assess the situation. They heard a gunshot and just started filling the air with lead. Apparently the guy was defending himself by grabbing the "victim"s gun and shooting him.
He was never any danger to the cops.

__________________
AIKIJUTSU is offline  
dog2000tj Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:11 PM   #36
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pasco Cty.FL
Posts: 6,650
Liked 2555 Times on 1456 Posts
Likes Given: 1985

Default

Whoa, stop! Back the truck up.

A GUNFIGHT IN NYC?

Don't they have gun control there?

__________________
therewolf is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:21 PM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pendleton, 29670,South Carolina
Posts: 2,586
Liked 1274 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
Whoa, stop! Back the truck up.

A GUNFIGHT IN NYC?

Don't they have gun control there?
If they do, it doesn't show. Those cops sure couldn't control their guns.
__________________
AIKIJUTSU is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:08 PM   #38
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
chuckusaret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West Palm Beach,Florida
Posts: 480
Liked 170 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Default

It is called spray and pray and is the typical scenario for many law enforcement encounters.

__________________
chuckusaret is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:36 AM   #39
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,299
Liked 8579 Times on 4953 Posts
Likes Given: 11133

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
It is called spray and pray and is the typical scenario for many law enforcement encounters.
This was an unfortunate result of changing from 6-shot revolvers to higher capacity semi-automatics. Back in the old days the cops learned accuracy and shot placement because they only had 6 shots. Correct me if I am wrong any of you LEOs out there who worked in that era.
__________________
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:19 AM   #40
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
LandMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 148
Liked 14 Times on 7 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrockbail
Not to defend the NYPD, but they do have 40,000 Cops ! That said, to the guy that posted all the scandalous Newspaper Articles, Im sure you would find 10articles of bravery and Heroics vs the g
4 or 5 corruption ones...Can anyone here comprehend 40,000 Officers ? That is insane ! Its not the 20-30 Cop Towns most of you all live in, had they had 1-2 go bad well that would be a big number..
Cops are human, Cops are apt to react to situations just because a respected Sr Officer is Firing his gun triggers the Jr Officer to respond as well..
NYC used to be a Cess pool, there Murder rate was over 1000 Homicides a Year, They have cut that down to under 400-500.. Phila For instance has 1/10th of NYC's populace but has a higher body count annually for last decade, so they must be doing something right ..

Lastly as both a Former Military Policeman and Retired (Line of Duty Injury) who has been a member of a county Swat Team and witnessed one of the Best Cops I know get killed by making a tactical mistake, I can say this, Unless you were in that position at that particular moment, You have NO IDEA what you are talking about.. Its easy to hit targets, its easier to say you would do A,B and C, in training, but until it happens you dont know how you will react, you can train and prepare and once adrenaline is in play along w the opening of a gun barrell pointed at you we wont know...

Cops should be more proficient w Firearms, as a Former Cop I know only about 40-50% of all thr cops I know are even close to proficient.. I for one come from a line of Cops who wouldnt allow you to live it down if you couldnt shoot, and not all Cops are meant to be a Cop either.. In a stressful environment the real person is revealed.. The Stress shows not there Faults but there true character, that said I believe you should have to have some real world experience before becoming a Police Officer, as there are too many 20-24 year olds that have no clue on jow to treat People that they believe Serve Them..
This was the most relevant post of all that I read and it does not surprise me that the writer walked in those shoes. People are quick to throw stones and quick to beat their chests but most have not been put under the stress that big city police have to endure.

I am not a New Yorker, I live close by in Philadelphia. I am not a big fan of New York or their sports fans. However, one can not help but marvel at the size of the city and the mass of humanity that live there. It is expansive. High rises as far as the eye can see in all directions filled with all types of people, good and bad.

40,000 police. How many people live in your town? Apply stress on the job and at home. Add bad people doing bad things. Throw in some bad apples. Now try to believe that in the course of a year news starved media organizations won't pick up a few juicy stories.

99% of those guys are f***ing heros in my book. I understand that light has to be shed on corruption and unjustified shooting. I just hope that the intention of the writers was not to knock all the good guys down a notch.
__________________
LandMonster is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
How many times barneygoogle The Club House 37 05-16-2012 01:10 AM
Man rides croc...and survives zhuk The Club House 7 07-13-2010 10:34 AM
Happens more times than not AcidFlashGordon The Club House 13 01-12-2010 10:28 AM
End times anyone? spittinfire The Club House 81 07-27-2009 02:02 PM