Man shoots, kills neighbor in NW ABQ - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Man shoots, kills neighbor in NW ABQ

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2013, 05:05 AM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2738 Times on 1434 Posts
Likes Given: 231

Step away from the bath salts. Oops. I guess he will not be doing that again. The stupid, it burns

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 03-22-2013, 06:13 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2459 Times on 1595 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker
The only history that has not happened is the history you don't know. This sort of thing has been going on for ever. The most violent school murders ever occurred in May of 1927 at Bath Twsp Ohio. This resulted in 38 children and teachers being killed.
This was in Bath township, Michigan. I had to look because I'm close to bath schools in Lima, Ohio.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 03-24-2013, 03:10 AM   #13
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1908 Times on 1103 Posts
Likes Given: 3902

More news information on the shooting.

http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/local/central/family-of-man-shot-by-neighbor-says-he-was-murdered

Quote:
APD’s helicopter caught the shooting Tuesday night. They haven’t yet released the video to News 13, but Jonathan Mitchell’s family has seen it – and they say it shows the neighbor was looking for Mitchell.

Old 03-24-2013, 01:57 PM   #14

Liked 54 Times on 43 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1

This was in Bath township, Michigan. I had to look because I'm close to bath schools in Lima, Ohio.
Yeah, Michigan. Not Ohio.

I tell the Bath Township Police and Fire where to go. :-)

Old 03-24-2013, 02:21 PM   #15
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 889 Times on 429 Posts
Likes Given: 88

It was because of "Obamacare"

JP-US Naval Aviation AMSC 20 years ( retired) ASW/Aircrew Wings
US Naval Academy Shooting Instructor (Annapolis) and shooting team member
Alway keep your six covered

orangello Likes This 
Old 03-26-2013, 01:49 AM   #16

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

One Hundred Million gun owners never hurt anyone today.

Old 03-26-2013, 07:19 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1273 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

The "rats in a cage" analogy is a big part of it. In the 1950's, the population of the world was about 2 billion, if I remember correctly. Now it is over 7 billion. At least double what the Earth can comfortably support. The population of the U.S. was 160 million. Now it is 320 million. There is a resource shortage, there is little opportunity for city dwellers to just get out in the country or the woods and relax. That can put everybody on edge so the slightest stimulus can set somebody off. The "war on drugs" is a farce. The pharmaceutical whores are cranking out dangerous drugs that claim to "control" mental problems, but the tiny print contains a list of dozens of dangerous "side effects". People use the drugs to escape from reality, but they generate a reality that is nastier than their worst nightmares.
This kind of stuff was to some degree going on 60 years ago, but there was not a worldwide network of "news" media exploiting every incident for the sake of sensational headlines.

Old 03-26-2013, 07:32 PM   #18
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 254 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU
The "rats in a cage" analogy is a big part of it. In the 1950's, the population of the world was about 2 billion, if I remember correctly. Now it is over 7 billion. At least double what the Earth can comfortably support. The population of the U.S. was 160 million. Now it is 320 million. There is a resource shortage, there is little opportunity for city dwellers to just get out in the country or the woods and relax. That can put everybody on edge so the slightest stimulus can set somebody off. The "war on drugs" is a farce. The pharmaceutical whores are cranking out dangerous drugs that claim to "control" mental problems, but the tiny print contains a list of dozens of dangerous "side effects". People use the drugs to escape from reality, but they generate a reality that is nastier than their worst nightmares.
This kind of stuff was to some degree going on 60 years ago, but there was not a worldwide network of "news" media exploiting every incident for the sake of sensational headlines.
I agree. Population explosion is the real deep seated cause. The population doubles every 40 years. The "rats in a cage" is a proven scientific concept. No end or solution on sight.

May the Force be with you.
An armed society is a polite society - Robert Heinlein
A Gun-Free-Zone is nothing more than a hunting preserve for wackos.

Old 03-26-2013, 07:55 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post
Interesting, so the guy ended up getting shot at his home after allegedly taking a stroll through a neighbor's driveway while in possession of a firearm.

I wonder what the heck was really going on?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:18 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1273 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Does the article even say what kind of gun Mitchell was "holding"? A handgun, a rifle, a squirt gun? It doesn't say if he threatened anybody before the SHTF, either. I hate to jump to conclusions, but it may be that the guy that shot him thought his carry permit made him a "junior sheriff". No violence occurred until he pulled up in Mitchell's driveway.