Man shoots dog saves boys life may face gun charges! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Man shoots dog saves boys life may face gun charges!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2013, 07:09 PM   #11
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7094 Times on 4271 Posts
Likes Given: 8604

When does good sense come into play in this world?

Old 01-28-2013, 01:53 AM   #12

Liked 64 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 2

i bet they will drop this one the nra, fox, hanitey, glen beck, rush limbo will have a field day parading the hurt boy infront of the tv cameras no way for dc to look goos especially if the shooters black

Old 01-28-2013, 03:45 AM   #13
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5662 Times on 2957 Posts
Likes Given: 375

I wonder where the charges are for the owner of the pitbulls for letting 3 extremely lethal weapons run loose. No different than turning a lion loose.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

People Like This 
Old 01-28-2013, 04:43 AM   #14

Liked 3859 Times on 1864 Posts
Likes Given: 701

Those dogs could have eaten a child!!!! Think of the children!!!!

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 01-28-2013, 05:09 AM   #15
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8272 Times on 4780 Posts
Likes Given: 10695

It also said the boy was shot in the leg but it was undetermined as to whether it was the Good Samaritan or the cop who shot him. I wonder if that will ever come to light. My bet is that if it was the former it will, if it was the latter it won't.

The cops in DC are not making any allies on the streets. Not smart.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:15 AM   #16

Liked 22 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
It also said the boy was shot in the leg but it was undetermined as to whether it was the Good Samaritan or the cop who shot him. I wonder if that will ever come to light. My bet is that if it was the former it will, if it was the latter it won't.

The cops in DC are not making any allies on the streets. Not smart.
To be devils advocate here, maybe it was determined and it was the good Samaritan, and thats why the case is being pushed.

We can argue about it forever buy the fact of the matter is the kid could have been killed if the bullet went higher. Realistically, of course it was an accident but I wouldnt risk shooting the kid to save him, I would have positioned myself better or went and kicked the dog (or intervened as best as possible) or got point blank body shots or rear shots or anything.

I am strictly assuming he was shooting for the head and missed when he shot the kid.

Like I said we could argue 10000000 different senarios but you can risk someones life to save them is all I am saying.

In other news I still think he did a good job and probably should not be pressed with any charges. Accidents happen, he saved a life and it was as close as possible to the best possible outcome.

Old 01-28-2013, 09:50 AM   #17

Liked 1739 Times on 898 Posts
Likes Given: 1338

I know laws are different everywhere, but wouldn't the LEO be obligated to arrest someone who shot something it was against the law? Wouldn't it be the DA's responsibility to do the investigation and then to drop the charges? I wondering how much latitude a LEO on the scene has. I mean if a LEO comes upon homicide, or something, is a LEO really supposed to take someone's word that it was a SD situation and the shooter the good guy?

Last edited by Vincine; 01-28-2013 at 01:58 PM.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:40 PM   #18

Liked 3859 Times on 1864 Posts
Likes Given: 701

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrizX View Post
To be devils advocate here, maybe it was determined and it was the good Samaritan, and thats why the case is being pushed.

We can argue about it forever buy the fact of the matter is the kid could have been killed if the bullet went higher. Realistically, of course it was an accident but I wouldnt risk shooting the kid to save him, I would have positioned myself better or went and kicked the dog (or intervened as best as possible) or got point blank body shots or rear shots or anything.

I am strictly assuming he was shooting for the head and missed when he shot the kid.

Like I said we could argue 10000000 different senarios but you can risk someones life to save them is all I am saying.

In other news I still think he did a good job and probably should not be pressed with any charges. Accidents happen, he saved a life and it was as close as possible to the best possible outcome.

Well, whatever, I'm just going to stand around and watch rape/murder/slaughter until I get a lawyers written statement on my right to defend another person. Hey! It's the lawyerly American way.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

People Like This 
Old 01-28-2013, 01:47 PM   #19
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7094 Times on 4271 Posts
Likes Given: 8604

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrizX View Post
I would have positioned myself better or went and kicked the dog (or intervened as best as possible) or got point blank body shots or rear shots or anything.
There were three dogs attacking this boy.

Old 01-28-2013, 02:09 PM   #20

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts

I didn't read anything where the boy was shot?

RRA Predator Pursuit 20"
RRA Entry Tactical
G21SF,G23,G27
10/22, MKII