Man shoots dog attacking a woman - Page 7
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Man shoots dog attacking a woman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2014, 09:39 PM   #61
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2162 Times on 1282 Posts
Likes Given: 1087

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackxpress View Post

Not sure what Trayvon Martin has to do with it. The story doesn't say anything about race but considering the racial makeup of East Price Hill I'd say it's a safe bet all involved were the same color.
It has to do with a 'citizen' using a GUN to defend another person. The Martin incident was not about race it was about 'people who are armed and defend themselves and others'. They only used the 'race' issue to sensationalize it.

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

People Like This 
Old 03-01-2014, 06:23 AM   #62
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 30 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 90

Maybe the shooter was in a hurry to "See a Man About a Dog".....

Bob

GeorgiaCarry.Org (GCO)

Old 03-02-2014, 05:26 PM   #63
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2386 Times on 1306 Posts
Likes Given: 3798

Yep, all pit bulls are playful animals that would never hurt anyone. That's why all the OK meth makers and dope sellers have pit bulls: They don't want their customers getting bit.

Old 03-02-2014, 05:32 PM   #64
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22192 Times on 12450 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
Yep, all pit bulls are playful animals that would never hurt anyone. That's why all the OK meth makers and dope sellers have pit bulls: They don't want their customers getting bit.
again, that is a fault of the mentality of the owners, not the breed or the dog itself. many times these types of people make the dogs mean and aggressive for that purpose of protecting their meth operations. sad part is many times these dogs are so badly conditioned in their behaviour, they can't be rehabilitated when or if they are rescued and have to be put down. IMO, the owners, the meth makers are the ones who should be put down for turning these dogs into what they are.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:42 PM   #65
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6577 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
They own guns too. Does that make all gun owners such as you and I bad people?
Old 03-02-2014, 08:58 PM   #66
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 276 Times on 176 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nchunt101 View Post
Axxe,

I have to agree with JD on this one. Here in NC if it looks anything like a pitt is has to be a pitt. That goes for my parents boxer as well as the English bull terrier (Spuds McKenzie) I had growing up. This sounds bizzare but I have been asked if my Bugg (Boston bull/pug) was a pitt puppy. The one breed of dog I don't trust is a chow. Every one I have seen was ill tempered.

Chows were bred for just that: Chow. Personality and temperament weren't even considered. And, from what I read, the meat is more tender if they are beaten to death with a 3/4-inch bamboo rod.

Small petty people have small petty Gods.

Old 03-03-2014, 05:18 PM   #67
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2162 Times on 1282 Posts
Likes Given: 1087

Dogs in general are not very aggressive unless they are confined or chained, and they generally reflect the attitude of their owners.
If the animal is properly socialized and made to realize they are NOT THE TOP OF THE PECKING ORDER (alpha) they are fine. Some of the most submissive people friendly dogs I have ever seen were pit bulls!
While I was the Chief Animal Control Officer in Alaska we had several 'out of control/vicious' dogs. The two worst ones were both chocolate labs!
The only fatal mauling I saw was a pit bull who killed a child and seriously injured his grandmother.
Like people, dogs are capable of extreme violence or unconditional love.

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

People Like This 
Old 03-04-2014, 06:21 AM   #68
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3377 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Default Man shoots dog attacking a woman

Sadly, Gator is not as well socialized as we'd like, because of his abandonment and wild animal attack before being rescued. But he does show a lot of Love, even to the point of somewhat Jealous if The Mz and I Hug or Smooch in front of him, he has to be I the middle of us,..not to keep us apart, he just wants to be part of the Hug...but considering what he went through before we gave him his "Forever" Home and family,... He is one very good Bully Boyimageuploadedbyfirearms-talk1393917694.864017.jpg

Note: when the Star-Spangled Banner or Ballard of the Green Beret is played he "Sits" at attention when he is "in uniform" ( one of his Bandanas).

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Last edited by DrFootball; 03-04-2014 at 06:24 AM.
People Like This 
Old 03-04-2014, 06:06 PM   #69

Liked 752 Times on 451 Posts
Likes Given: 402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
again, that is a fault of the mentality of the owners, not the breed or the dog itself. many times these types of people make the dogs mean and aggressive for that purpose of protecting their meth operations. sad part is many times these dogs are so badly conditioned in their behaviour, they can't be rehabilitated when or if they are rescued and have to be put down. IMO, the owners, the meth makers are the ones who should be put down for turning these dogs into what they are.
I know I am only thirty but it seems the older I get the more I like animals and the less I like people. I wouldn't cross the street to piss on someone that fights dogs/abuses animals if they were on fire.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:33 PM   #70
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 567 Times on 339 Posts
Likes Given: 235

I was taking a walk down my street one evening right around dusk with my wife. Almost back to my house two large dogs started following me. One was a pit and the other I don't know because it lost interest quickly and took off.

The pit kept his head low to the ground and watched me while getting closer. I didn't like the way it was following me. When I would look over my left shoulder to keep my eye on it, then it would move to the right side of the road to get in my blind spot. I was nervous to say the least.

When we got home the dog started looking at us through the screen door. When I went outside he would run out of reach and stay about 20 feet away. It took him about a min and then I saw something change in his eyes and he came bounding up to me, ALL HUGS AN KISSES.

I was like, what the hell dog?

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Practice doesn't make perfect, it make permanent.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"