Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Man grabs shotgun, chases would-be robber

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2013, 11:35 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

After watching the video again, I want to point something out that I'm sure everyone saw, but maybe didn't take notice of.

The would be robber began running BEFORE he even lost full control of his weapon. Just the fact that the guy was fighting back scared the crap out of him. This speaks volumes to me. Anyone else care to say what comes to their mind when thinking about that?

Old 05-01-2013, 06:08 PM   #12

Liked 638 Times on 385 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Bingo Trip! GFZs gotta go. I'm glad that guy was ok, just wish the BG would've been put down so he couldn't hurt another human being.

Old 05-05-2013, 06:18 AM   #13
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1540 Times on 941 Posts
Likes Given: 7833

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
After watching the video again, I want to point something out that I'm sure everyone saw, but maybe didn't take notice of.

The would be robber began running BEFORE he even lost full control of his weapon. Just the fact that the guy was fighting back scared the crap out of him. This speaks volumes to me. Anyone else care to say what comes to their mind when thinking about that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911love View Post
Bingo Trip! GFZs gotta go. I'm glad that guy was ok, just wish the BG would've been put down so he couldn't hurt another human being.
Good point trip. I noticed this myself. Reminds me of something that happened when I used to drive limos. had someone try to jack me one night. My window was down, he shoved in a pistol, and ordered me to get out.I didn't even think about it, I put the window up with his hand still inside the car.

After removing his gun, (turns out it wasn't even loaded), I took him for a walk, all the way to the closest police station. When I trapped his hand, he freaked. When the car started to roll forward, he started to scream and beg. Took about 15 minutes to get him there because I never went over 5 MPH, but he was very glad to see them when we did. After all the paperwork was done, I went home, and he went to a cell. That's not very uncommon when the victim fights back, the gun is supposed to cause fear and intimidate. Resistance is not expected.

1911, while I personally feel the same way, his attacker was fleeing from him. If he had shot, it would not have been self defense at that point. He would have been up on charges at that point. Not saying it's right, but it is the law, and he was on video at that point. if it was me, I would have been very tempted to shove that shotgun up his azz so far that he would be tasting Rem-Oil, but it still wouldn't be legal.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 05-05-2013, 10:34 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1767 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75 View Post
1911, while I personally feel the same way, his attacker was fleeing from him. If he had shot, it would not have been self defense at that point. He would have been up on charges at that point. Not saying it's right, but it is the law, and he was on video at that point. if it was me, I would have been very tempted to shove that shotgun up his azz so far that he would be tasting Rem-Oil, but it still wouldn't be legal.
Excellent point, but we can dream, can't we?