Man defends himself and wife from home invader ,January 26, 2013
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Man defends himself and wife from home invader ,January 26, 2013

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2013, 07:27 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
molonlabexx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 975
Liked 367 Times on 234 Posts
Likes Given: 157

Default Man defends himself and wife from home invader ,January 26, 2013

David Erives and his wife were in their Omaha, Neb. home when a man began pounding on their back door. The wife went to answer the door, but upon opening it, the man grabbed her and came inside the house. To protect his wife, Erives retrieved a rifle and shot the criminal once in the leg and ordered the home invader to the floor. When the intruder didn’t comply, Erives shot the man again, this time in the chest, killing him.

Police are conducting an investigation, but have told local media, “at this point all indications are that the shooting was justified.” (WOWT, Omaha, Neb. January 26, 2013)

SOURCE

__________________
NRA member. Gun owner. From my cold, dead hands...


Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!


I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...
molonlabexx is offline  
winds-of-change Likes This 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 03-06-2013, 08:08 PM   #2
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TDS92A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Posts: 1,983
Liked 1368 Times on 806 Posts
Likes Given: 3476

Default

I guess that Mr. Erives kept shooting until the aggression stopped.

Good for him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by molonlabexx View Post
David Erives and his wife were in their Omaha, Neb. home when a man began pounding on their back door. The wife went to answer the door, but upon opening it, the man grabbed her and came inside the house. To protect his wife, Erives retrieved a rifle and shot the criminal once in the leg and ordered the home invader to the floor. When the intruder didn’t comply, Erives shot the man again, this time in the chest, killing him.

Police are conducting an investigation, but have told local media, “at this point all indications are that the shooting was justified.” (WOWT, Omaha, Neb. January 26, 2013)

SOURCE
__________________
The difficult I do immediately, the impossible takes me a few minutes longer.
NRA, U.S. Army (Ret), AGA, F&AM
A Person has to stand for something, or they will fall for anything.
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur
TDS92A is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:19 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dalefan88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 328
Liked 76 Times on 47 Posts

Default

I tell my wife to grab the 9mm and unload all 15 rounds in them. She practiced it all the time before ammo prices went up and hard to find.

__________________
dalefan88 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:28 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalefan88 View Post
I tell my wife to grab the 9mm and unload all 15 rounds in them. She practiced it all the time before ammo prices went up and hard to find.
You SHOULD be telling her to grab the double barrel, go out on your manor balcony, and shoot two shots in the air. And THEN fire two more shots through the door without identifying anyone on the other side. That's the vice president's advice.
__________________
trip286 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:43 PM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 147
Liked 117 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default

If she takes Biden's advice I wonder if he'll testify at her trial.

__________________
blackxpress is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:24 AM   #6
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MisterMcCool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bumfugg, Egypt
Posts: 8,861
Liked 7684 Times on 4174 Posts
Likes Given: 16104

Default

Some people just need a good killin'

__________________

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

MisterMcCool is online now  
kbd512 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:17 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 516
Liked 297 Times on 173 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
You SHOULD be telling her to grab the double barrel, go out on your manor balcony, and shoot two shots in the air. And THEN fire two more shots through the door without identifying anyone on the other side. That's the vice president's advice.
Police-"Lady, you know there is a 2 shell limit to shotguns now. Where did you get the other two?"
__________________
GTX63 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:04 PM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Missouribound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 778
Liked 268 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 53

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackxpress View Post
If she takes Biden's advice I wonder if he'll testify at her trial.
If she takes his advice, does that make him an accessory...is it pre-meditated?
__________________
Missouribound is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:06 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pendleton, 29670,South Carolina
Posts: 2,586
Liked 1274 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Default

Wouldn't it be great if NBC would make as much effort to broadcast and sensationalize these events as they do to broadcast every gun crime that happens in the world?

__________________
AIKIJUTSU is offline  
bluez Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:34 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,087
Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Default

Quote:
Police are conducting an investigation, but have told local media, “at this point all indications are that the shooting was justified.” (WOWT, Omaha, Neb. January 26, 2013)
I'd say it was!!
__________________
PanBaccha is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
O's New Job Assignment January 2013! Sniper03 Politics, Religion and Controversy 1 10-25-2012 06:13 PM
14 Year Old NC Boy Kills Home Invader alsaqr Legal and Activism 19 01-10-2012 11:24 PM
Beauty with a gun kills home invader Colossal Urprising The Club House 21 04-08-2011 01:35 PM
Home invader gets death penalty NGIB Politics, Religion and Controversy 8 11-08-2010 09:22 PM
Woman kills home invader... 911 call SeanCucf The Club House 25 12-17-2009 06:53 PM