Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Firearms in the Media (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f169/)
-   -   Man defends himself and wife from home invader ,January 26, 2013 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f169/man-defends-himself-wife-home-invader-january-26-2013-a-85914/)

molonlabexx 03-06-2013 06:27 PM

Man defends himself and wife from home invader ,January 26, 2013

David Erives and his wife were in their Omaha, Neb. home when a man began pounding on their back door. The wife went to answer the door, but upon opening it, the man grabbed her and came inside the house. To protect his wife, Erives retrieved a rifle and shot the criminal once in the leg and ordered the home invader to the floor. When the intruder didnít comply, Erives shot the man again, this time in the chest, killing him.

Police are conducting an investigation, but have told local media, ďat this point all indications are that the shooting was justified.Ē (WOWT, Omaha, Neb. January 26, 2013)

SOURCE

TDS92A 03-06-2013 07:08 PM

I guess that Mr. Erives kept shooting until the aggression stopped.

Good for him!

Quote:

Originally Posted by molonlabexx (Post 1166113)
David Erives and his wife were in their Omaha, Neb. home when a man began pounding on their back door. The wife went to answer the door, but upon opening it, the man grabbed her and came inside the house. To protect his wife, Erives retrieved a rifle and shot the criminal once in the leg and ordered the home invader to the floor. When the intruder didnít comply, Erives shot the man again, this time in the chest, killing him.

Police are conducting an investigation, but have told local media, ďat this point all indications are that the shooting was justified.Ē (WOWT, Omaha, Neb. January 26, 2013)

SOURCE

dalefan88 03-06-2013 10:19 PM

I tell my wife to grab the 9mm and unload all 15 rounds in them. She practiced it all the time before ammo prices went up and hard to find.

trip286 03-06-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dalefan88 (Post 1166428)
I tell my wife to grab the 9mm and unload all 15 rounds in them. She practiced it all the time before ammo prices went up and hard to find.

You SHOULD be telling her to grab the double barrel, go out on your manor balcony, and shoot two shots in the air. And THEN fire two more shots through the door without identifying anyone on the other side. That's the vice president's advice.

blackxpress 03-06-2013 10:43 PM

If she takes Biden's advice I wonder if he'll testify at her trial.

MisterMcCool 03-06-2013 11:24 PM

Some people just need a good killin'

GTX63 03-07-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip286 (Post 1166435)
You SHOULD be telling her to grab the double barrel, go out on your manor balcony, and shoot two shots in the air. And THEN fire two more shots through the door without identifying anyone on the other side. That's the vice president's advice.

Police-"Lady, you know there is a 2 shell limit to shotguns now. Where did you get the other two?"

Missouribound 03-07-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackxpress (Post 1166455)
If she takes Biden's advice I wonder if he'll testify at her trial.

If she takes his advice, does that make him an accessory...is it pre-meditated?

AIKIJUTSU 03-07-2013 01:06 PM

Wouldn't it be great if NBC would make as much effort to broadcast and sensationalize these events as they do to broadcast every gun crime that happens in the world?

PanBaccha 03-07-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

I'd say it was!! :eek: