Local resident's view on gun control
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Local resident's view on gun control

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2013, 08:52 AM   #1
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1753 Times on 1081 Posts
Likes Given: 9629

Default Local resident's view on gun control

http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130407/OPINION/130409634/1074

Saw this in the local paper, and had to share it. This guy get's it, why can't the politicians?

Editorials, Buffalo News, Buffalo NY 7 April, 3013.

People are the problem, not the guns themselves.

I am dismayed, After all of Gov. Andrew Cuomo's talk about guns killing people,I wondered why all my guns are different. I sat watching them for a whileand when my neighbor dropped by to chat, the .40 Glock never moved. When the mailman stopped with our daily drop, my Benelli 12 was curiously silent. I put my ear up against my gun safe when the school bus halted out front. I didn't hear a thing.

Then it dawned on me: I was sold guns that didn't act on their own and do absolutely nothing unless a human picks them up.Clearly, I have been ripped off.

I was pleased to notice however, that my forks are getting noisier in the kitchen drawer, rattling around, increasingly impatient to be set loose on our family. I think they are itching to make us fat.

Michael R. Caputo, East Aurora NY.

Needless to say, my wife and I were LOLing over this one.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

Last edited by kfox75; 04-09-2013 at 06:49 PM.
People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-09-2013, 09:00 AM   #2
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75 View Post
Saw this in the local paper, ans had to share it this guy get's it, why can't the politicians?

Editorials, Buffalo News, Buffalo NY 7 April, 3013.

People are the problem, not the guns themselves.

I am dismayed, After all of Gov. Andrew Cuomo's talk about guns killing people,I wondered why all my guns are different. I sat watching them for a whileand when my neighbor dropped by to chat, the .40 Glock never moved. When the mailman stopped with our daily drop, my Benelli 12 was curiously silent. I put my ear up against my gun safe when the school bus halted out front. I didn't hear a thing.

Then it dawned on me: I was sold guns that didn't act on their own and do absolutely nothing unless a human picks them up.Clearly, I have been ripped off.

I was pleased to notice however, that my forks are getting noisier in the kitchen drawer, rattling around, increasingly impatient to be set loose on our family. I think they are itching to make us fat.

Michael R. Caputo, East Aurora NY.

Needless to say, my wife and I were LOLing over this one.
still LMAO Funny! my wife posted that one on her Facebook page and then sent it to me! it's still funny!
Old 04-26-2013, 01:54 AM   #3

Liked 30 Times on 22 Posts

That guy deserves a medal.

Old 04-26-2013, 04:34 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1223 Times on 683 Posts
Likes Given: 527

I have asked the question a number of times on a number of different liberal forums, but I've yet to receive anything approaching a logical answer.

The question is as follows:

If the FBI and CDC are not lying about which types of firearms kill more Americans every year, then handguns would be the #1 cause of firearms-related deaths and injuries by an overwhelming majority, year after year.

If you can agree to the FBI and CDC numbers about firearms deaths, injuries, and murders, then why are you trying to ban a type of firearm that was present during the fewest deaths, injuries, and murders by firearm?

The only answers I ever get back are because some guns are "scarier" than others and because it's easier to "sell to the public".

You would think that the public wouldn't have to be sold on the concept of banning firearms or motor vehicles, but apparently a small minority find them useful for something on a regular basis. That would probably explain why we have as many firearms and cars as people walking around.

The liberal/progressive (statist/fascist/communist) gun control cause apparently doesn't have many willing participants. The people making the proposals are laughably hypocritical, given how many of the "gun control" nuts have guns themselves, like the "gun nuts" that they abhor.

Apparently there are socially acceptable killing tools (abortions and shotguns) and fringe/extremist killing tools (AR-15's utilized by the protectors of the people who make such silly laws - the police and military). The notion that murder is not socially acceptable apparently doesn't garner much acceptance from either political party or the news media or nobody would not be yapping about gun control when we're busily throwing live babies into garbage cans.

Last edited by kbd512; 04-26-2013 at 04:37 PM.

Old 04-26-2013, 09:19 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbd512 View Post
I have asked the question a number of times on a number of different liberal forums, but I've yet to receive anything approaching a logical answer.

The question is as follows:

If the FBI and CDC are not lying about which types of firearms kill more Americans every year, then handguns would be the #1 cause of firearms-related deaths and injuries by an overwhelming majority, year after year.

If you can agree to the FBI and CDC numbers about firearms deaths, injuries, and murders, then why are you trying to ban a type of firearm that was present during the fewest deaths, injuries, and murders by firearm?

The only answers I ever get back are because some guns are "scarier" than others and because it's easier to "sell to the public".

You would think that the public wouldn't have to be sold on the concept of banning firearms or motor vehicles, but apparently a small minority find them useful for something on a regular basis. That would probably explain why we have as many firearms and cars as people walking around.

The liberal/progressive (statist/fascist/communist) gun control cause apparently doesn't have many willing participants. The people making the proposals are laughably hypocritical, given how many of the "gun control" nuts have guns themselves, like the "gun nuts" that they abhor.

Apparently there are socially acceptable killing tools (abortions and shotguns) and fringe/extremist killing tools (AR-15's utilized by the protectors of the people who make such silly laws - the police and military). The notion that murder is not socially acceptable apparently doesn't garner much acceptance from either political party or the news media or nobody would not be yapping about gun control when we're busily throwing live babies into garbage cans.
KB, you'll almost never get a logical answer from a liberal on the subject of guns. it defys logic. they use emotion rather than facts to try and support a position. save yourself the headaches and don't.

Old 04-26-2013, 09:19 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2989 Times on 1557 Posts
Likes Given: 277

Don't forget the CDC numbers include justified shootings by both LE and Civilians. Their numbers reflect "homicides". A homicide is the taking of another human life. Criminal homicide and justified homicide are lumped to gether.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 04-26-2013, 09:20 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Don't forget the CDC numbers include justified shootings by both LE and Civilians. Their numbers reflect "homicides". A homicide is the taking of another human life. Criminal homicide and justified homicide are lumped to gether.
exactly! homicide is homicide, period.

Old 04-26-2013, 10:28 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

[dreams of more bearicide]

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 04-26-2013, 10:40 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Let me know if I'm off base on this. I was always told that homicide was any death other than natural, not necessarily at the hands of another. Could this be a statutory definition that varies by state? Thanks

Old 04-26-2013, 10:49 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
Let me know if I'm off base on this. I was always told that homicide was any death other than natural, not necessarily at the hands of another. Could this be a statutory definition that varies by state? Thanks
the definition of homocide is the act on one human killing another human.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homicide