Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Firearms in the Media (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f169/)
-   -   Kahr Firearms to make a move out of New York. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f169/kahr-firearms-make-move-out-new-york-95167/)

Axxe55 08-08-2013 11:48 PM

Kahr Firearms to make a move out of New York.

just saw this today on Yahoo and thought i would share it. seems as one gun manufacterer isn't going to stay in a state that is looking to infringe on LAC's rights to own firearms.

mountainman13 08-09-2013 12:05 AM

Good. F@#&.new York.

danf_fl 08-09-2013 12:09 AM

There is this little piece of property in the Florida Panhandle......

I think they would be welcomed here.

DFlynt 08-09-2013 04:38 AM

Excellent, now if we could just get Remington and all the other gun manufacturers to follow.

danf_fl 08-09-2013 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DFlynt (Post 1330579)
Excellent, now if we could just get Remington and all the other gun manufacturers to follow.

Customer supply and demand has a lot to do with influencing a manufacturer.

Refuse to purchase those firearms made or marketed in NY or IL.

(yep, that is Springfield Armory and Kimber included.)

Anna_Purna 08-09-2013 06:08 AM

They are a little late, but at least they are doing it. Once NY fully has their hands out of their profits, I might have to look at Kahrs more closely.

vincent 08-09-2013 12:29 PM

I don't know what the deal is with the NY facility but Kahr's main offices are in Ma.

Until they vacate that state, they'll never see a dime from me...

Too bad, they make some pretty spiffy firearms with some pretty good reviews...

CrazedJava 08-09-2013 01:46 PM

The most baffling thing is how many gun manufacturers are still located in gun unfriendly states. I know a lot of those companies are old and moving manufacturing is ungodly expensive, but the writing has been on the wall for awhile.

Politically, those same states don't look to change anytime soon and I fully expect them to eventually start targetting those manufacturers in the form of extra fines or taxes. Basically make it as uncomfortable to do business in those states as possible.

vincent 08-09-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazedJava (Post 1330725)
The most baffling thing is how many gun manufacturers are still located in gun unfriendly states. I know a lot of those companies are old and moving manufacturing is ungodly expensive, but the writing has been on the wall for awhile.

Politically, those same states don't look to change anytime soon and I fully expect them to eventually start targetting those manufacturers in the form of extra fines or taxes. Basically make it as uncomfortable to do business in those states as possible.

I've pondered the same thing and here's what I came up with...

1-Those states weren't always so rabidly anti-rights states. You can trace the beginnings of firearm manufacturing in this country to almost exclusively the Northeastern area...

2-Material acquisition- Being originally form the Northeast, I can tell you there are TONS of quarries and foundries in that area. My thought is that they set up shop in a place where raw materials didn't need to be shipped in.

3-Simple population density-Makes good business sense to set up in an area with a metric azz ton of people for a customer base...

4-Your point about costing an arm and a leg to move a facility. It's a business and the greenbacks call the shots...:cool:

FullautoUSA 08-10-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincent
I don't know what the deal is with the NY facility but Kahr's main offices are in Ma.

they are located in Worcester MA, I live in a town right next to Worcester.