Homeowners defending themselves

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Homeowners defending themselves

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 03:14 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Homeowners defending themselves

Is it just me or does anyone else love when a story comes on the news about a homeowner or other person licensed to carry successfully defend themselves from criminals who tried to harm them or break into their house?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-04-2012, 03:17 AM   #2

Liked 5007 Times on 2428 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRawTalent View Post
Is it just me or does anyone else love when a story comes on the news about a homeowner or other person licensed to carry successfully defend themselves from criminals who tried to harm them or break into their house?
Did I miss the link? Or are you speaking hypothetically?

Tack

Old 12-04-2012, 06:24 AM   #3
Not Unsafe Act Compliant!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1781 Times on 1099 Posts
Likes Given: 9909

Quote:
Not just you Tack, I can't find a link either. Guess I'll run with hypothetical.

Hell yeah I love those kind of stories. I always look forward to my copy of American Rifleman every month. The first thing I check out is the Armed Citizen page. It puts a smile on my face to read of American citizens protecting what is theirs from those who would rob them of their life, posesions, or their sense of security.

Notduku, thank you for putting this section into what already was an excellent forum.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:46 AM   #4

Liked 272 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 193

It does my heart good when a criminal gets whats coming to him.

Old 12-06-2012, 05:09 AM   #5

Liked 644 Times on 389 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I enjoy these stories most when the bad guy doesn't get to enjoy incarceration! Most of my favs involve a 12 gauge.

Old 12-06-2012, 06:28 AM   #6

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I've mentioned it before, several years ago, two guys, different homes, separate occasions, killing intruders with a freaking SWORD in Memphis. Gave me a smile. The one guy chopped the intruder's arm off and he bled to death, the other slashed his assailant across the chest then ran him through.

Never could find any links, but I saw it on channel 5.

Old 12-06-2012, 01:17 PM   #7

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Can't say i enjoy them but it's nice to hear that kind of story & the defender doesn't go to jail or get sued

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 12-06-2012, 02:22 PM   #8

Liked 79 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 366

Quote:
What really erk's me is that more often than not you are not hearing those types of stories on the news. I was reading an article on the web a few weeks ago were a store clerk defender herself with her own gun during a robbery and shot 2 of the perps. You wont hear that on TV. All you hear is "Man goes on rampage with AK47 in theather", or "Man muders his wife and 2 children, then turns the gun on himself". C'mon now ... give me a break!

Sig P220 Equinox, Sig P238
CZ P01 SDP, CZ 75-PCR
Glock 19
S&W M&P 45ACP, S&W M&P Shield 9MM
Kimber Ultra Carry II
Kimber Sapphire Ultra Carry II
Kimber Stainless Pro Raptor II
Kel Tec PF9, Kel Tec P32
Ruger SR9, Ruger SR9C
Remington 887 Nitro Mag Tactical (12g)
Walther PPS
Ruger SR556E
Springfield XDs 9MM/45 ACP
SKS Chinese Norinco
Mosin Nagant 91/30 (2)
NRA Member

Last edited by Stillersfan; 12-06-2012 at 02:32 PM.

Old 12-06-2012, 03:02 PM   #9

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
Can't say i enjoy them but it's nice to hear that kind of story & the defender doesn't go to jail or get sued
Ditto...I don't like hearing about anyone getting killed but s*it happens. Nobody should go to prison for righteously protecting themselves...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillersfan View Post
What really erk's me is that more often than not you are not hearing those types of stories on the news. I was reading an article on the web a few weeks ago were a store clerk defender herself with her own gun during a robbery and shot 2 of the perps. You wont hear that on TV. All you hear is "Man goes on rampage with AK47 in theather", or "Man muders his wife and 2 children, then turns the gun on himself". C'mon now ... give me a break!
Typical liberal scare tactics...News stations have a motto..."If it bleeds, it leads..."...It's not like nothing else happened that day but if a story involves a gun in any way, it's fear mongering fodder for the idiot media and their mindless followers...
Old 12-06-2012, 04:12 PM   #10

Liked 164 Times on 116 Posts
Likes Given: 260

As a strong believer in Accountability for your actions....when Justice is served I find my faith in the human race is lifted. Regardless if it is a burglar, a rapist, a child molester or a Politician, Justice needs to be swift and severe.

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.