Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Firearms in the Media (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f169/)
-   -   Homeowners defending themselves (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f169/homeowners-defending-themselves-77658/)

MyRawTalent 12-04-2012 02:14 AM

Homeowners defending themselves

Is it just me or does anyone else love when a story comes on the news about a homeowner or other person licensed to carry successfully defend themselves from criminals who tried to harm them or break into their house?

Tackleberry1 12-04-2012 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyRawTalent (Post 1037835)
Is it just me or does anyone else love when a story comes on the news about a homeowner or other person licensed to carry successfully defend themselves from criminals who tried to harm them or break into their house?

Did I miss the link? Or are you speaking hypothetically?

Tack

kfox75 12-04-2012 05:24 AM

Quote:

Not just you Tack, I can't find a link either. Guess I'll run with hypothetical.

Hell yeah I love those kind of stories. I always look forward to my copy of American Rifleman every month. The first thing I check out is the Armed Citizen page. It puts a smile on my face to read of American citizens protecting what is theirs from those who would rob them of their life, posesions, or their sense of security.

Notduku, thank you for putting this section into what already was an excellent forum.

rhyno13 12-04-2012 05:46 AM

It does my heart good when a criminal gets whats coming to him.

1911love 12-06-2012 04:09 AM

I enjoy these stories most when the bad guy doesn't get to enjoy incarceration! Most of my favs involve a 12 gauge.

trip286 12-06-2012 05:28 AM

I've mentioned it before, several years ago, two guys, different homes, separate occasions, killing intruders with a freaking SWORD in Memphis. Gave me a smile. The one guy chopped the intruder's arm off and he bled to death, the other slashed his assailant across the chest then ran him through.

Never could find any links, but I saw it on channel 5.

HOSSFLY 12-06-2012 12:17 PM

Can't say i enjoy them but it's nice to hear that kind of story & the defender doesn't go to jail or get sued ;)

Stillersfan 12-06-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

What really erk's me is that more often than not you are not hearing those types of stories on the news. I was reading an article on the web a few weeks ago were a store clerk defender herself with her own gun during a robbery and shot 2 of the perps. You wont hear that on TV. All you hear is "Man goes on rampage with AK47 in theather", or "Man muders his wife and 2 children, then turns the gun on himself". C'mon now ... give me a break!

vincent 12-06-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOSSFLY (Post 1041149)
Can't say i enjoy them but it's nice to hear that kind of story & the defender doesn't go to jail or get sued ;)

Ditto...I don't like hearing about anyone getting killed but s*it happens. Nobody should go to prison for righteously protecting themselves...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stillersfan (Post 1041209)
What really erk's me is that more often than not you are not hearing those types of stories on the news. I was reading an article on the web a few weeks ago were a store clerk defender herself with her own gun during a robbery and shot 2 of the perps. You wont hear that on TV. All you hear is "Man goes on rampage with AK47 in theather", or "Man muders his wife and 2 children, then turns the gun on himself". C'mon now ... give me a break!

Typical liberal scare tactics...News stations have a motto..."If it bleeds, it leads..."...It's not like nothing else happened that day but if a story involves a gun in any way, it's fear mongering fodder for the idiot media and their mindless followers...:mad:

levelcross 12-06-2012 03:12 PM

As a strong believer in Accountability for your actions....when Justice is served I find my faith in the human race is lifted. Regardless if it is a burglar, a rapist, a child molester or a Politician, Justice needs to be swift and severe.