Homeowner injures intruder, 3/1/13

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Homeowner injures intruder, 3/1/13

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2013, 11:14 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 362 Times on 230 Posts
Likes Given: 157

Default Homeowner injures intruder, 3/1/13

http://www.resist1776.info/homeowner-injures-intruder-3113/

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...
MisterMcCool Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-05-2013, 11:49 PM   #2
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7149 Times on 3914 Posts
Likes Given: 14480

That homeowner displayed AMAZING restraint.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Old 04-05-2013, 11:59 PM   #3
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1324 Times on 693 Posts
Likes Given: 607

If a double-tap to center mass doesn't work to stop the advance, consider a follow-up shot to the pelvis. The largest bone in the body, it is relatively easy to hit (aim at belt buckle up to an inch below). Also, a hit that cracks or breaks the pelvis causes a skeletal failure that induces collapse regardless of how little pain he feels or what drugs he is hopped up on - he can no longer stand.

Note: Contrary to popular belief, this is NOT a "groin shot" meant to punish. Some printed targets now include the pelvic bone superimposed with other vital organs to be able to practice this shot.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

MisterMcCool Likes This 
Old 04-06-2013, 12:07 AM   #4
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7149 Times on 3914 Posts
Likes Given: 14480

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg
If a double-tap to center mass doesn't work to stop the advance, consider a follow-up shot to the pelvis. The largest bone in the body, it is relatively easy to hit (aim at belt buckle up to an inch below). Also, a hit that cracks or breaks the pelvis causes a skeletal failure that induces collapse regardless of how little pain he feels or what drugs he is hopped up on - he can no longer stand.

Note: Contrary to popular belief, this is NOT a "groin shot" meant to punish. Some printed targets now include the pelvic bone superimposed with other vital organs to be able to practice this shot.
This is absolutely true. Without pelvic integrity it is impossible for the legs to support the weight of the body.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Old 04-06-2013, 12:17 AM   #5

Liked 638 Times on 385 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Tek is right. A pelvic shot can also funnel bullets into the upper body. During training I practice this as well. Also, if dirt bag is wearing armor and a head shot isn't available, most vests don't cover the pelvic area. It's also a good target when fast drawing and point shooting.

IMO, the homeowner acted irresponsibly by allowing physical contact. He should've shot until the threat stopped, not wrestling with the guy. The homeowner got REAL lucky.

Old 04-06-2013, 12:43 AM   #6

Liked 988 Times on 651 Posts
Likes Given: 635

From the way that story reads, it sounds to me like the guy may not have had an opportunity to shoot him twice. Shooting someone you're wrestling sounds difficult and maybe not a good idea to me.......either way, looks like someone's getting sued......

Old 04-06-2013, 02:35 AM   #7
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1324 Times on 693 Posts
Likes Given: 607

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911love View Post
Tek is right. A pelvic shot can also funnel bullets into the upper body. During training I practice this as well. Also, if dirt bag is wearing armor and a head shot isn't available, most vests don't cover the pelvic area. It's also a good target when fast drawing and point shooting.

IMO, the homeowner acted irresponsibly by allowing physical contact. He should've shot until the threat stopped, not wrestling with the guy. The homeowner got REAL lucky.
The armor is a great point. Not many have the groin extension and even if they do, there is no trauma plate and therefore may still do enough damage to stop attacker.

Also a good point about the head shot. Even if the head is available/unarmored, the pelvis is larger and does not bob and weave in a defensive situation like the head does. Something to keep in mind and practice.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 04-06-2013, 03:34 AM   #8
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1984 Times on 1075 Posts
Likes Given: 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post

I had my pelvis fractured in 2 places and it will take you down. Almost passed out when they tried to stand me up in the hospital without pain killers.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."