Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Firearms in the Media (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f169/)
-   -   home owner stops neighborhood thief (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f169/home-owner-stops-neighborhood-thief-82176/)

hawkguy 01-23-2013 12:10 AM

home owner stops neighborhood thief

with "evil" tactical shotgun...........;)

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_c3#/video/crime/2013/01/15/dnt-armed-homeowner-confronts-thief.ksat

JonM 01-23-2013 01:18 AM

thats awesome!!

guess there is no need for those evil black guns at all

beastmode986 01-23-2013 02:29 AM

I have a question. What if they guy kept holding the tv and walked away, could the homeowner shoot him? What if the guy refuses to comply with what you say or runs? What should you do?

vincent 01-23-2013 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beastmode986 (Post 1106267)
I have a question. What if they guy kept holding the tv and walked away, could the homeowner shoot him? What if the guy refuses to comply with what you say or runs? What should you do?

You'd have a tough time explaining how he got all those holes in his back...don't drop the soap :eek:

Some states allow you to use deadly force in the protection of property but I'm not a lawyer so what the hell do I know...

Know the laws on deadly force in your state...

Inside the house is a different story...

If you'd shoot someone for stealing your TV, you've got more than legal problems...

Jstrong 01-23-2013 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beastmode986

Let him go. call 911.Your not the police.

Shoot someone in defense for anything but your life and you WILL go to jail.

Besides I don't give to ****s about the neighbor guys flat screen,certainly not enough to shoot someone about it.

hawkguy 01-23-2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

he is a human (scum perhaps, but still human). i could personally never hurt anyone over a luxury item like a tv.

i don't even think a cop would be allowed to shoot him in that instance myself. he'd probably just get tazed or get a beat down by the police.

i only shoot if he is threat to my self or family. others might disagree, but as said, such a judgement might land you free room & board for life....:o

eldarbeast 01-23-2013 10:38 PM

Quote:

Tom Horn in Pasadena, TX, Shot and Killed TWO thieves as they walked from his neighbor's house.

This occurred before the Texas Castle law was in effect.

The Grand jury NO BILLED him.

eldar

orangello 01-23-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

If you shoot him WHILE he is holding the TV, a perfectly good TV would likely get damaged. ;)

General rule, make sure a life is endangered before ending another life.

Mosin 01-24-2013 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eldarbeast

Tom Horn in Pasadena, TX, Shot and Killed TWO thieves as they walked from his neighbor's house.

This occurred before the Texas Castle law was in effect.

The Grand jury NO BILLED him.

eldar

You hear that, beastmode?... Listen to your eldarbeast.

Doc3402 01-24-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkguy (Post 1105964)

I listened to that thing three times. It may be hearing loss due to age, but I have yet to hear the word "evil" in that report. Did you quote it for a reason that I'm somehow missing?