Home invasion In My Neighborhood! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Home invasion In My Neighborhood!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 10:31 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Actually, Tackle, that is very much a function of the cartridge and range -- more precisely the bullet, speed (which is also a function of barrel length), and yaw. M193 is more likely the faster it is going to break at the cannelure especially at close range where lack of penetration is actually considered a shortcoming of the 5.56x45mm -- penetration is better at 200 yards and devastating for its size! Hollowpoint? Probably stop. M855; possibly won't as it has a steel penetrator as well as being heavier and is less likely to fracture/segment at any range.

Last edited by HockaLouis; 12-28-2012 at 10:55 PM.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:44 PM   #12

Liked 4986 Times on 2415 Posts
Likes Given: 1586

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
Actually, Tackle, that is very much a function of the cartridge and range -- more precisely the bullet, speed (which is also a function of barrel length), and yaw. M193 is more likely the faster it is going to break at the cannelure especially at close range where penetration is actually considered a shortcoming! Hollowpoint? Probably stop. M855, not as likely.
Yeah, yeah...I've read the same reports...

I've also shot pig carcases at close range with my AR using about every .223 and .556 load available.

Put roughly 200 rounds into 3 carcases "that were hanging"...slowfire...and saw a visible mass of tissue exit each carcass on each shot.

If cold pig tissue won't stop them at 30 yard...I don't see warm bodies stopping them even closer.

Tack

Old 12-29-2012, 01:09 AM   #13
Kai

Liked 12 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I was told two weeks ago, by a coworker, that only handguns were used in the CT shooting and the Bushmaster was in the trunk.
Interesting.
I'm waiting for the whole story to be told and hope it is accurate.

Old 12-29-2012, 01:27 AM   #14

Liked 205 Times on 133 Posts
Likes Given: 66

I have seen two videos of press conferences by the Newtown Police Chief and he clearly stated that he is not ready to reveal the type of weapon used at this time. So, we just got to wait. There is supposedly a video of the rifle being removed from the car, but I have not seen it.

Old 12-29-2012, 02:33 AM   #15

Liked 4986 Times on 2415 Posts
Likes Given: 1586

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWagner View Post
I have seen two videos of press conferences by the Newtown Police Chief and he clearly stated that he is not ready to reveal the type of weapon used at this time. So, we just got to wait. There is supposedly a video of the rifle being removed from the car, but I have not seen it.
This is Benghazi Gate part 2

They want an AWB ban so the gun was an AR...Chicago politics at it's finest...never let a tragedy do to waste...and never let the facts get in your way.

Crap like this is going it make it a whole lot easier for some folks to choose a "hot" engagement...

Sure hope I'm wrong.

Tack

Old 12-29-2012, 03:00 AM   #16

Liked 41 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 62

Quote:
"They're talking about gun control and all this stuff, if that lady hadn't had a gun and started shooting back at them she'd probably be dead."
These are the kinds of stories that Feinstein and her idiotic Libtard minions need to be reading. Guns DO save lives. In this case, a 61-year-old citizen who was minding her own business. Thank God she had the ability to defend herself. No telling what those cowards would have done to her had she not fired back.
Three old hunters were walking through the woods one day. The first looks over at the others and says, "Windy isn't it?" The second says, "I was sure it was Thursday." The third says, "Me too! The heck with hunting, let's go get a beer!"

Old 12-29-2012, 07:10 AM   #17

Liked 181 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 129

Gold colored car with shiny rims and low profile tires. Hmmmm. Let me see if I can narrow it down a little.

Old 12-29-2012, 08:46 PM   #18
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM

she should be ashamed of herself using an evil child killing gun to shoot at nice upstanding urban yooths just getting thier lives turned around
haha, that is great. This summer in the city next to my town there was a murder and the newspaper said that the victim was turning his life around because he just bought himself a motorcycle, only in Worcester ma would that be considered turning his life around.

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 12-31-2012, 02:26 AM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1291 Times on 627 Posts
Likes Given: 77

I hope the homeowner recovers well.

As for Newtown. Remember, the Dems are dancing at this opportunity. They are using the notion that there is profit to be made out of chaos.

Old 01-01-2013, 01:20 AM   #20

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

Not to far from my house in Naperville there was a home invasion. the home owner in his 60s fired 8 shots at the guy. to bad he missed... I don't think they caught the guy either