Home Invasion Leaves One Intruder Dead - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Home Invasion Leaves One Intruder Dead

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2013, 11:31 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2189 Times on 1191 Posts
Likes Given: 3328

Looks like the good guy may have scored a twofer. For sure, 24-year-old Aaron Antwan Harris of Arrowbrook Lane is now worm food.

Old 06-22-2013, 04:37 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
Looks like the good guy may have scored a twofer. For sure, 24-year-old Aaron Antwan Harris of Arrowbrook Lane is now worm food.
They are now reporting a link between the two cold ones. The funny part is that they are also reporting that the second one might have been thrown from a moving vehicle. I guess there's no honor among thieves.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:19 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1274 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

One thing that stood out in the TV "reporter"'s spiel was that he called the second cadaver a "victim". Gee, let's all feel sorry for the po' perp who got his a$$ killed.

Old 06-24-2013, 01:27 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
One thing that stood out in the TV "reporter"'s spiel was that he called the second cadaver a "victim". Gee, let's all feel sorry for the po' perp who got his a$$ killed.
That gets to me, too, but since I've heard it from them for years I guess I turn a deaf ear to it now. They are historically anti-gun/anti-self defense, but surprisingly enough they have had some very unbiased reports on the shooting sports recently. In fact, they were the first to do the story on Florida issuing the 1,000,000 carry permit. They even did it in a fair fashion. I had to hit 'info' on my remote to see what channel I was really watching.

"Gee, let's all feel sorry for the po' perp who got his a$$ killed." during the commission of a forcible felony. He gets no pity from me.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:22 PM   #15
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2865 Times on 1492 Posts
Likes Given: 254

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
I have one that's a common practice around here. If someone breaks into your car, breaks off the glove compartment door, and leaves it with the trunk hanging open it's logged as vandalism unless something is actually stolen. In reality it's an attempted burglary of a conveyance. It's just their bad luck there was nothing worth stealing in the car.
Intent to commit Theft is a crucial part of the Burglary. PROBABLY the miscreant was looking for something to steal, but difficult to prove. Go with the title that is provable.

Kind of like Attempted Murder. You must show the intent was to kill. In the absence of the intent, it is an Aggravated Assault. In Texas, they are the exact same level of offense so there is no reason to hamstring the prosecution with a more difficult charge. Go with the easiest to prove (all things being equal)

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 06-25-2013, 11:31 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Intent to commit Theft is a crucial part of the Burglary. PROBABLY the miscreant was looking for something to steal, but difficult to prove. Go with the title that is provable.

Kind of like Attempted Murder. You must show the intent was to kill. In the absence of the intent, it is an Aggravated Assault. In Texas, they are the exact same level of offense so there is no reason to hamstring the prosecution with a more difficult charge. Go with the easiest to prove (all things being equal)
We're not talking about a trial. We're talking reporting a lesser crime than the one committed. The SA can always reduce the charges and go for a plea later.

Old 06-26-2013, 01:24 AM   #17

Liked 205 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 164

Hawkguy,

Where can I get one of those signs.

Jim

Old 06-30-2013, 12:48 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2014 Times on 1191 Posts
Likes Given: 971

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post

Not just 'theft', intent to commit any crime other than simple trespass makes it a burglary.

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 06-30-2013, 12:52 PM   #19
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2232 Times on 1205 Posts
Likes Given: 803

I used to live not too far from there and flew out of Craig all the time just down the road. That is not a part of the city you would typically associate with that kind of crime. Not a good sign.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 06-30-2013, 01:01 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3861 Times on 2305 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

This is proof that 7-10 rounds is not enough in a magazine.