Home Invasion Leaves One Intruder Dead
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Home Invasion Leaves One Intruder Dead

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2013, 10:55 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Default Home Invasion Leaves One Intruder Dead

Jacksonville, Fl homeowner shoots and kills intruder.

Quote:
A home-invasion plot was foiled Wednesday night when a Jacksonville homeowner shot and killed one of the assailants, authorities said.

Police responded to a report of shots fired about 11:20 p.m. at a home in the 2000 block of Oak Water Drive.
The Story

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-20-2013, 11:38 AM   #2

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Turns out the guy was just angry that Jay Leno STILL had his show and capped his free big screen TV...

Old 06-20-2013, 01:22 PM   #3

Liked 3028 Times on 1809 Posts
Likes Given: 2051

i think, based on recent media reporting....if i were a criminal, florida is perhaps THE LAST place i would break into a home.

Old 06-20-2013, 01:32 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
i think, based on recent media reporting....if i were a criminal, florida is perhaps THE LAST place i would break into a home.
Based on recent media coverage it's become obvious that many of our criminals are functionally illiterate. <grin> Seriously, our top LEO's and the FBI are reporting that our crime is down, but it sure doesn't seem like it.

Old 06-20-2013, 01:47 PM   #5

Liked 3028 Times on 1809 Posts
Likes Given: 2051

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
Based on recent media coverage it's become obvious that many of our criminals are functionally illiterate. <grin> Seriously, our top LEO's and the FBI are reporting that our crime is down, but it sure doesn't seem like it.
for quite awhile, its been well known that breaking into homes in many gun friendly states (texas, arizona, most of the south really)....might be the last thing you ever do. but florida seems like a new additon to the list.

we have had at least 2 home invaders shot or shot at, not too far from where i live. never made it past small local papers though.

i also hope that any criminals who are a part of a break in where one of their group is shot or a firearm is used to scare them away....well, i hope they learn a good lesson and decide there are far better ways to make money. in this particular instance, there were obviously others involved that were not killed....i really hope its a "subtle" sign to change their ways.

i like this sign, it might make some dumb kid think twice....
nothing-inside-worth-dying-lawn-sign-1-.jpg  
Old 06-20-2013, 02:08 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
for quite awhile, its been well known that breaking into homes in many gun friendly states (texas, arizona, most of the south really)....might be the last thing you ever do. but florida seems like a new additon to the list.

we have had at least 2 home invaders shot or shot at, not too far from where i live. never made it past small local papers though.

i also hope that any criminals who are a part of a break in where one of their group is shot or a firearm is used to scare them away....well, i hope they learn a good lesson and decide there are far better ways to make money. in this particular instance, there were obviously others involved that were not killed....i really hope its a "subtle" sign to change their ways.

Here in Florida, and I think many other places, if someone dies during the commission of a felony all other participants in the felony will be charged with murder. It doesn't matter if they actually killed the person or not. If two bad guys are involved with a LEO, and the LEO fires a fatal shot, the second bad guy will be charged with the murder of his partner in crime.

In the case I linked to, if this turns out to be a straight home invasion the homeowner will get off. If and when they find the accomplices they will all be charged with the home invasion and murder. Unfortunately, they will not be charged with capital murder, so the death penalty is not in play for them.

Yes, I know. The previous paragraph seems a little harsh, but that's my opinion. I would love to see a country where we arm ourselves because we want to, not because we feel a need to. If the accomplices could be charged with capital murder, upon conviction they would never be eligible for parole, even if they never did get the needle. If you imprison enough of them and keep them for the rest of their natural lives that may be a true deterrent. As it stands now with early release and gain time our prison sentences are a joke.

Old 06-20-2013, 02:44 PM   #7
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1095 Times on 706 Posts
Likes Given: 242

Quote:

True crime is level or up, depending on the type of crime, but the standards for reporting crime, and the criteria for logging crime have changed, thus making it appear in the crime stats , crime has dropped. It has not., overall.

Areas with new found gun rights for citizens, homeowners, concealed carry areas, those areas, crime is down. Some cases, way down.

Streets of Chicago, DC, NYC, Detroit, Omaha, crime is generally way up.

Last edited by AR10; 06-20-2013 at 02:50 PM.

Old 06-20-2013, 04:12 PM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2865 Times on 1492 Posts
Likes Given: 254

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
True crime is level or up, depending on the type of crime, but the standards for reporting crime, and the criteria for logging crime have changed, thus making it appear in the crime stats , crime has dropped. It has not., overall.

Areas with new found gun rights for citizens, homeowners, concealed carry areas, those areas, crime is down. Some cases, way down.

Streets of Chicago, DC, NYC, Detroit, Omaha, crime is generally way up.
Please elaborate on the "changes in reporting methods" that are allowing for erroneously low crime stats. I know of nothing that has changed in reporting methods for the last 10-15 years.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

alsaqr Likes This 
Old 06-20-2013, 04:31 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Please elaborate on the "changes in reporting methods" that are allowing for erroneously low crime stats. I know of nothing that has changed in reporting methods for the last 10-15 years.
I have one that's a common practice around here. If someone breaks into your car, breaks off the glove compartment door, and leaves it with the trunk hanging open it's logged as vandalism unless something is actually stolen. In reality it's an attempted burglary of a conveyance. It's just their bad luck there was nothing worth stealing in the car.

Old 06-20-2013, 04:39 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

A local news(?) source is reporting they may have found another cold one from this home invasion shooting.

More Here