Handgun Sales Are Hot - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Handgun Sales Are Hot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2014, 04:56 AM   #21
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoobee View Post
Too funny!

I am sure it has more to do with the wacko in Santa Barbara however.

Since this wacko recorded everything for Facebook, the public gets to see the face of a wacko kid. This pits them face to face with reality and the 1% factor -- 1% of the public is wacko.
care to show evidence that supports that number?

or is something you pulled out of thin air?
Old 06-12-2014, 04:47 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1579 Times on 1077 Posts
Likes Given: 546

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
care to show evidence that supports that number?

or is something you pulled out of thin air?
Can you prove he is wrong? I am sure he was just making a statement. First we have to define wacko. I really doubt anyone can say exactly how many Americans suffer from mental illness. Most people with mental illness are harmless. In fact, many of the mentally ill have a job and live very productive lives.

Just defining mental illness is really difficult. If someone has 25 cats they are considered to be mentally ill, a hoarder. If someone hoards more cash than the income of several countries and kills hundreds of men making the money they are someone to be admired. First, we really need an honest definition of mentally ill. Not your definition or Obama's definition.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 06-12-2014, 04:59 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2796 Times on 1631 Posts
Likes Given: 1618

According to NIMH:

Mental Disorders in America

Mental disorders are common in the United States and internationally. An estimated 26.2 percent of Americans ages 18 and older — about one in four adults — suffer from a diagnosable mental disorder in a given year.1 When applied to the 2004 U.S. Census residential population estimate for ages 18 and older, this figure translates to 57.7 million people.2 Even though mental disorders are widespread in the population, the main burden of illness is concentrated in a much smaller proportion — about 6 percent, or 1 in 17 — who suffer from a serious mental illness.1 In addition, mental disorders are the leading cause of disability in the U.S. and Canada.3 Many people suffer from more than one mental disorder at a given time. Nearly half (45 percent) of those with any mental disorder meet criteria for 2 or more disorders, with severity strongly related to comorbidity.1

In the U.S., mental disorders are diagnosed based on the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, fourth edition (DSM-IV).

That information is copied directly from the www.nimh.nih.gov website.

Sent from my (_E=MC² _)

We do not choose our future, we choose our habits and our habits dictate our future. - anonymous

We are all biodegradable.

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-12-2014, 05:12 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2796 Times on 1631 Posts
Likes Given: 1618

If anybody wonders why some of the folks that post here seem freaking bananas, see above!

Only about 10% of the posts here seem absolutely bonkers to me, so I'd say, atleast statistically, we're a pretty sane bunch.

Of course, that depends on the day AND time of day!

Sent from my (_E=MC² _)

We do not choose our future, we choose our habits and our habits dictate our future. - anonymous

We are all biodegradable.

Old 07-28-2014, 02:49 PM   #25

Liked 50 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 49

The Government use of Mental Illness and mandated "Sympathetic Training" for saying anything against the Government? That sounds like Communist Russia under Stalin.

Old 07-28-2014, 05:58 PM   #26
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1971 Times on 1067 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Re education camps anyone? Free room and board.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."