H.R. 2812: The Justice Exists for Us All Act

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > H.R. 2812: The Justice Exists for Us All Act

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2013, 04:10 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2159 Times on 1483 Posts
Likes Given: 804

Default H.R. 2812: The Justice Exists for Us All Act

I opposed this bill. It is still in committee. It is a bill to require states to register community watch groups with the DOJ. Community watch is not a federal matter nor should citizens be required to register with the DOJ to assist law enforcement.

PopVox Link: https://www.popvox.com/bills/us/113/hr2812
GovTrack Link:http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/hr2812/text

If I put this in the wrong place I hope a moderator will move it for me.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine

JimRau Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-30-2013, 02:17 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1275 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
I opposed this bill. It is still in committee. It is a bill to require states to register community watch groups with the DOJ. Community watch is not a federal matter nor should citizens be required to register with the DOJ to assist law enforcement.

PopVox Link: https://www.popvox.com/bills/us/113/hr2812
GovTrack Link:http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/hr2812/text

If I put this in the wrong place I hope a moderator will move it for me.
There's only one possible reason for that. It is to provide for more micro-managing of every group of citizens who want to resist crime.
It is part of their (Holder and Obama) ongoing effort to keep the streets safe for criminals.
It provides for assembling multiple neighborhood groups into the kind of crap the Nazi's had going in the 1930's - everybody watching everybody and reporting possible dissenters to the feds.

Last edited by AIKIJUTSU; 07-30-2013 at 02:20 PM.
Bigcountry02 Likes This 
Old 07-30-2013, 02:42 PM   #3

Liked 4792 Times on 2680 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

It is interesting? Obama and Holder refused to prosecute the Black Panthers. The Panthers dressed as Nazi Storm Troopers swinging Ball bats stood in front of polling places. They claimed to be a Neighbor Hood watch group.

Old 07-30-2013, 10:15 PM   #4

Liked 24 Times on 17 Posts

typical government overreaction. I suspect fed wanted to see a conviction in the Zimmerman trial, and it didnt happen. So rather than let common sense dictate we go after criminals only, lets penalize everyone by making them jump through hoops to protect themselves.

Old 07-31-2013, 12:53 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2159 Times on 1483 Posts
Likes Given: 804

Quote:
Originally Posted by spottedpony View Post
typical government overreaction. I suspect fed wanted to see a conviction in the Zimmerman trial, and it didnt happen. So rather than let common sense dictate we go after criminals only, lets penalize everyone by making them jump through hoops to protect themselves.
Not only does community watch defend the members it defends the entire neighborhood. When potential crooks see the presence of an active community watch they go somewhere else to "spot and steal."

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine

Old 07-31-2013, 01:11 PM   #6
Still learning
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 572 Times on 344 Posts
Likes Given: 2923

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
There's only one possible reason for that. It is to provide for more micro-managing of every group of citizens who want to resist crime.
It is part of their (Holder and Obama) ongoing effort to keep the streets safe for criminals.
It provides for assembling multiple neighborhood groups into the kind of crap the Nazi's had going in the 1930's - everybody watching everybody and reporting possible dissenters to the feds.
And of course that will have them adding to the cost of government, by adding personnel to manage and run the program! Hell, we can't afford the government we have now, I think we need to get fire at least 70% of them and start over! (JMHO)

Ken

Old 07-31-2013, 01:19 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2258 Times on 1228 Posts
Likes Given: 3528

Sheila Jackson Lee is a racist rabble rouser from a gerrymandered district in Houston, TX. The witch will represent that district until she croaks. This proposed legislation is going nowhere.