Guns in the movies - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Guns in the movies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2013, 08:13 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daoust_Nat View Post
These guys don't care a whit about gun safety. After all this is; "just entertainment!" Yet they want us, who operate safely, to give up our guns and just watch their entertainment. I don't think so. They should have to show they are operating under NRA style safety....... as if that would happen!
Brandon Lee just gave this post a thumbs up from the grave...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting
People Like This 
Old 07-09-2013, 08:42 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1274 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Yeah, people like Schwarzenegger, Stallone, even Cameron Diaz enthusiastically put that stupid scowl on their faces and act like "they baayud" in the movies when they are using a full-size machine gun to "blow away" a dozen bad guys. And they have bodyguards who are armed to the teeth to protect thm from peons like us. Then they join activist groups and talk about how "evil" guns are and how we of the general public don't have enough sense to be allowed to own guns for our protection.

Old 07-09-2013, 08:54 PM   #13
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8453 Times on 4897 Posts
Likes Given: 11021

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
Yeah, people like Schwarzenegger, Stallone, even Cameron Diaz enthusiastically put that stupid scowl on their faces and act like "they baayud" in the movies when they are using a full-size machine gun to "blow away" a dozen bad guys. And they have bodyguards who are armed to the teeth to protect thm from peons like us. Then they join activist groups and talk about how "evil" guns are and how we of the general public don't have enough sense to be allowed to own guns for our protection.
The ironic part is that in reality they have far less to fear from the likes of us than they do from their own ideologies!

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 07-09-2013, 09:02 PM   #14

Liked 393 Times on 255 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Where do you think the well meaning but uninformed public get their misguided notions about shooting, especially handguns?

Old 07-09-2013, 11:12 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1787 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1540

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post
Brandon Lee just gave this post a thumbs up from the grave...
So does Jon Erik Hexum.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

People Like This 
Old 07-10-2013, 12:18 AM   #16

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFlynt View Post
So does Jon Erik Hexum.
+1 to you for the obscure reference of the day...

Had to get out my Google-Fu for that one...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 07-10-2013, 01:08 AM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post
+1 to you for the obscure reference of the day...

Had to get out my Google-Fu for that one...
/bow.......

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

People Like This 
Old 07-10-2013, 02:44 AM   #18

Strange but I don't recall anybody being charged, let alone convicted, for Brandon Lee's death (or that other dude).

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."

Old 07-10-2013, 03:22 AM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Strange but I don't recall anybody being charged, let alone convicted, for Brandon Lee's death (or that other dude).
In Hexum's case he emptied the cylinder of the blanks, reloaded one blank, spun the cylinder, put the gun to his head and pulled the trigger, so no one to charge or convict, just another Darwin Award winner.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon-Erik_Hexum

Old 07-10-2013, 03:39 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFlynt View Post
In Hexum's case he emptied the cylinder of the blanks, reloaded one blank, spun the cylinder, put the gun to his head and pulled the trigger, so no one to charge or convict, just another Darwin Award winner.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon-Erik_Hexum
Wow. Stupid should hurt, but it sometimes kills.

Quote: