Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Guns and Military Suicides

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2012, 01:55 PM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

The VA has been aware of my problems for over a year and still nothing! The VA system is a joke!

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 10-12-2012, 06:05 PM   #62
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1945 Times on 1044 Posts
Likes Given: 2893

Quote:
The VA has been aware of my problems for over a year and still nothing!
The VA is totally overwhelmed. 45 percent of folks getting off active duty file for disability.

In May, 2011 i asked for a re-evaluation. Got the results back end of August, 2012. Now in goes the appeal because they eliminated my rating for tinnitus. My ears still ring like the liberty bell as they have for the past 35 years. They screwed up some other stuff too.

Old 10-12-2012, 07:26 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
The VA is totally overwhelmed. 45 percent of folks getting off active duty file for disability.

In May, 2011 i asked for a re-evaluation. Got the results back end of August, 2012. Now in goes the appeal because they eliminated my rating for tinnitus. My ears still ring like the liberty bell as they have for the past 35 years. They screwed up some other stuff too.
Yeah I was still in when I filed all my paperwork and was told under the Benefits Delivery at Discharge (it's suppose to be the fast program) would take 3-6 months. I had a follow up last week and when I get to the hospital (about an hour away) it was because they wanted more info on stuff they already had. The lady apologized as she didn't see the previous doctor's notes

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:

Old 10-12-2012, 07:37 PM   #64

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
"Support for the troops" is mostly a myth: Despite the rhetoric, few Americans really care about the troops. Americans do support the wars.
Yeah. I am going to have to disagree with you there.

Being involved with WWP has shown me that a TON of people have been touched by these wars and they ALL support the troops, regardless of how they feel about the war and the cause.

I don't support the work we are doing in Northern Africa right now, again, because no one is talking about it.

I don't support still being in Iraq in any sense, but I support putting Saddam and those two bastard kids in the ground. Let the country fight out how they want to rule and get the f*ck out.

Afghanistan should have been a glass valley where nothing would grow for the next 10,000 years many moons ago.

I am never for a war that doesn't untie the hands of the troops fighting it.

JD
Old 10-12-2012, 07:40 PM   #65
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1144 Times on 671 Posts
Likes Given: 1683

Sometimes you are better off if you don't get treatment at the VA. I had (yes, had) a friend who was a retired Colonel, who had a bleeding stomach ulcer. He went to the VA hospital. They gave him an anti-coagulant. He died (bled to death) a couple of hours later.
I had another friend who needed a kidney transplant. He waited a year and a half, finally the VA brought him in for the operation. They removed his good kidney. He died. I have known of some guys who had PTSD that they used electro-shock "therapy" on, and turned them into vegetables.
I won't go to the VA. I end up paying plenty, but at least I'm still functional.

Old 10-12-2012, 08:09 PM   #66

Liked 2438 Times on 1389 Posts
Likes Given: 1910

Quote:
"Support for the troops" is mostly a myth: Despite the rhetoric, few Americans really care about the troops. Americans do support the wars.
Oh Americans don't specifically support the wars,

or on a social level, even approve of them. But

they all want the benefits a wartime economy brings...

Old 10-12-2012, 08:24 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
Oh Americans don't specifically support the wars,

or on a social level, even approve of them. But

they all want the benefits a wartime economy brings...
What have been the benefits to the economy in the last 10 years?

Member:

People Like This 
Old 10-12-2012, 08:24 PM   #68

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
the benefits a wartime economy brings...
Um? Bro?

We have been "at war" for most of the past decade and the economy is in the crapper. When do the "benefits" start kicking in??
Old 10-13-2012, 12:09 AM   #69

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Um? Bro?

We have been "at war" for most of the past decade and the economy is in the crapper. When do the "benefits" start kicking in??
Should of been a bumper sticker and other platitude prover manufacturer.

"This is not about land or money...but the one thing that no man should never be able to take from another man: the freedom to make his own choices about his life, where he'll live, how he'll live, how he'll raise his family. "

William Travis, The Alamo: 13 Days to Glory

Last edited by Ubergopher; 10-13-2012 at 12:11 AM.

Old 10-13-2012, 12:24 AM   #70
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19810 Times on 11247 Posts
Likes Given: 49925

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Yeah. I am going to have to disagree with you there.

Being involved with WWP has shown me that a TON of people have been touched by these wars and they ALL support the troops, regardless of how they feel about the war and the cause.

I don't support the work we are doing in Northern Africa right now, again, because no one is talking about it.

I don't support still being in Iraq in any sense, but I support putting Saddam and those two bastard kids in the ground. Let the country fight out how they want to rule and get the f*ck out.

Afghanistan should have been a glass valley where nothing would grow for the next 10,000 years many moons ago.

I am never for a war that doesn't untie the hands of the troops fighting it.

JD
i may not agree or support the conflict or the administration behind it, but i will always support the troops deployed there. they go where they are told and are not asked for their opinion of the deployment.

i also believe that if you decide to deploy troops into a conflict, let them do their job, get the job done and let them get the hell out of there.