Gun saved life in washington state
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Gun saved life in washington state

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 07:39 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 61 Times on 32 Posts

Default Gun saved life in washington state

Lewis County homeowner shoots intruder, holds him at gunpoint until deputies arrive

2/10/13, 10:11 AM

CHEHALIS, Wash. -- A Lewis County homeowner shot and injured a man who entered into his Chehalis home early Sunday morning. He then held the intruder at gunpoint until authorities arrived.

That's according to Lewis County Chief Deputy Stacy Brown.

"Lewis County Central Communications received a phone call at 0447 hours asking to have law enforcement respond, as someone was outside of their residence in the 400 block of SR603, Chehalis," the Lewis County Sheriff's Office reports.

"The 24-year-old male homeowner reported he was asleep with his wife inside of his house and heard someone talking outside of his residence," according to the sheriff's office news release. "9-1-1 was called and he then armed himself with a pistol waiting for law enforcement to arrive.

"The suspect, Brian L. Creed, 51, of Chehalis entered the residence and started down the hallway towards the homeowner who was standing in front of his bedroom door to protect his wife in their bedroom.

"The homeowner told the suspect to stop; however, the suspect chose to charge him. The homeowner fired one shot ... the suspect continued and tackled the homeowner.

"The two were involved in a physical altercation until the homeowner was able to disengage. He held the suspect at gunpoint until deputies arrived at 0507 hours."

According to a sheriff's office statement, "The investigation revealed Creed had recently moved into a house nearby off of Nix Road. He admitted to deputies that he had used methamphetamine earlier in the day.

"Creed was transported by ambulance to Provide Centralia Hospital and then airlifted to Harborview in stable condition. He is in custody for burglary and assault.

"The homeowner was uninjured."

Detectives are at the scene continuing their investigation Sunday morning.

"My office works very hard in ensuring people feel safe and secure in Lewis County," said Sheriff Steve Mansfield in a prepared statement. "People have to be prepared to protect themselves in situations like this in their own homes. Our response times are as fast we can make them but there may be a time when you are by yourself and you are forced to make a life or death decision to protect yourself and your family, like this man did."

The sheriff's office has scheduled a news conference about this case for 10:30 a.m. Monday.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-10-2013, 08:38 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

I'd bet this would be all over mainstream media by nightfall (like 11 'o clock news).

Old 02-10-2013, 08:51 PM   #3

Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

Always love to hear it when a gun saves the day I can't believe he ran right through the shot guess it was the meth.

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

Old 02-10-2013, 09:26 PM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

One shot didn't put this guy down. What if there were two or three of them? Thats one reason we want more than a 10 round limit in a magazine.

Old 02-10-2013, 09:34 PM   #5

Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostee75
One shot didn't put this guy down. What if there were two or three of them? Thats one reason we want more than a 10 round limit in a magazine.
+1 to that this Is a perfect example of how unnecessary a mag cap law is

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

Old 02-11-2013, 01:17 AM   #6

Liked 20 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 147

Just saw this on KGW news and popped over to share the story lol. Beat me too it.

My favorite quote:

"Everybody involved in the scenario last night was part of our neighborhood watch program with the exception of the guy laying in Harborview with a bullet in him,” he said.

Old 02-11-2013, 01:44 AM   #7

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Can someone confirm the homeowner used birdshot?

Old 02-11-2013, 12:24 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

I have a feeling that somebody will eventually point out a couple "mistakes" made by the homeowner

Quote:
"The homeowner told the suspect to stop;
and
Quote:
The homeowner fired one shot
If you are on the phone with 911 the first one is not a mistake, and may in fact be required. Know your local law!

The second may or may not be a problem. In my mind the first picture I saw was a long hallway with the two of them standing at opposite ends. The reality may be a lot different. The hallway outside my bedroom door is 5 feet long. I may not have a chance to get off a second shot at an advancing intruder.

Old 02-11-2013, 12:53 PM   #9
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2919 Times on 1718 Posts

20 minute response time?

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 02-11-2013, 03:14 PM   #10

Liked 2573 Times on 1673 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13