Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Granny shoots an armed robber

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2014, 01:23 AM   #11
Proud to be an American
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 776 Times on 358 Posts
Likes Given: 366

I know my last post sounds heartless but the lady feared for her very life and a persons home is their "castle" and she had the right/responsibility to defend it.

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

towboater Likes This 
Old 01-08-2014, 12:23 PM   #12

Liked 573 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 722

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasquanel View Post
Winds, sometimes I wish I could conger up that kind of emotion but he threatened her and hers at gunpoint! Good riddance is the best I can do.
Bad actions have bad consequences as they should.
I believe we all have sensitivities to outcomes like this but remember we are all humans and we all make mistakes. It is just the level and severity of those mistakes that differentiates the results.

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!

Old 01-08-2014, 05:06 PM   #13

Liked 277 Times on 192 Posts

I remember watching the news a few years ago and seeing a story about a little old lady who shot six shots from her .32 revolver. All six missed but the robber ran away. When interviewed, she said "He was bought and paid when he came through the door! That'll teach that little s*** to break in my house! "

Old 01-08-2014, 11:25 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winchester94 View Post
I remember watching the news a few years ago and seeing a story about a little old lady who shot six shots from her .32 revolver. All six missed but the robber ran away. When interviewed, she said "He was bought and paid when he came through the door! That'll teach that little s*** to break in my house! "
This is where I disagree with some - warning shots. They say "Don't shoot warning shots". These may not have been intended to be warning shots but since they all missed, that's essentially what they were. Warning shots can accomplish a couple things: They can scare off an offender and they can avoid injury. I know some may not want to avoid injury to a perp but it has legal merits too.

~ Holsters ~

We the People...

Old 01-09-2014, 12:59 AM   #15

Liked 277 Times on 192 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittmeba View Post
This is where I disagree with some - warning shots. They say "Don't shoot warning shots". These may not have been intended to be warning shots but since they all missed, that's essentially what they were. Warning shots can accomplish a couple things: They can scare off an offender and they can avoid injury. I know some may not want to avoid injury to a perp but it has legal merits too.
I think she meant to shoot him. I believe her inaccuracy was due to adrenaline, age, and the double action pull.

Old 01-09-2014, 01:34 AM   #16

Liked 4788 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Your bleeding heart is your choice. When faced with danger fire on the aggressor until there is no more aggression. Wolves attack lambs for two reasons. Lambs taste good, and they don't fight back. "Perps" attack the elderly because they may have wealth, they are not likely to push back.

Last edited by nitestalker; 01-09-2014 at 01:59 AM.
towboater Likes This 
Old 01-09-2014, 01:02 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winchester94 View Post
I think she meant to shoot him. I believe her inaccuracy was due to adrenaline, age, and the double action pull.
Re-read my post - I fully agree. They were misses and not intended to be warning shots. But my point is they missed and served as warning shots and did cause the perp to run away. They proved effective.

But I don't understand why in certain conditions warning shots are frowned upon. If they save your life or someone elses without taking a life (and having to live with that) why not? I have viewed the 11BravoTranining video and he specifically says "No warning shots". I have read it other places too. Why not?

I love her closing comment!

~ Holsters ~

We the People...

Old 01-09-2014, 04:10 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2194 Times on 1215 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Props to the granny! Hope she can sort through it all emotionally. If my granny had to do that to a 16 year old she'd be upset.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."