Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Firearms in the Media (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f169/)
-   -   Granny shoots an armed robber (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f169/granny-shoots-armed-robber-102488/)

JWagner 01-07-2014 05:35 PM

Granny shoots an armed robber
 
This was the second time this robber tried to rob this lady. And the last time.

http://www.ksla.com/story/24378134/grandmother-who-shot-alleged-robber-speaks-out?hpt=ju_bn5

Ez2b 01-07-2014 05:45 PM

Thanks for sharing good read good for her

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Firearms Talk mobile app

seancslaughter 01-07-2014 05:47 PM

and when she says she doesnt want to be identified they give a full description of her, post the block and street she lives on and then posts a picture of her house. Yeah great article. Good for her, but the damn reporter should now be shot.

Ez2b 01-07-2014 05:56 PM

Yes people just don't have common sense no more

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Firearms Talk mobile app

JTJ 01-07-2014 07:02 PM

But he was just turning his life around. He was stealing the money to pay for college.:rolleyes:

wittmeba 01-07-2014 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seancslaughter (Post 1477122)
and when she says she doesnt want to be identified they give a full description of her, post the block and street she lives on and then posts a picture of her house. Yeah great article. Good for her, but the damn reporter should now be shot.

Yeah. This isn't too cool. Look how much we all know about her now that she doesn't need exposed.

Another thanks to our media.

On edit:
Well, the cat is out of the bag. Here are more details and worth reading. The lady feels terrible but should be respected for what she did.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20140106/NEWS03/301060025/Shreveport-homeowner-speaks-out-about-shooting-armed-intruder

John_Deer 01-07-2014 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTJ (Post 1477169)
But he was just turning his life around. He was stealing the money to pay for college.:rolleyes:

I bet he was robbing that old lady to help pay for his Grandmothers medications. If there was any money left he was going to use it for tuition and books. His grandmother needed a lot of energy drinks and Robitussin.

wittmeba 01-07-2014 08:13 PM

^^^^^ Yeah...right!

winds-of-change 01-08-2014 12:57 AM

Great story. And now that woman has to live with the heartbreak of having killed someone to defend herself and her family because the 16 year old chose the wrong path to follow. I admire her and yet feel so bad for her.

Pasquanel 01-08-2014 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winds-of-change (Post 1477414)
Great story. And now that woman has to live with the heartbreak of having killed someone to defend herself and her family because the 16 year old chose the wrong path to follow. I admire her and yet feel so bad for her.

Winds, sometimes I wish I could conger up that kind of emotion but he threatened her and hers at gunpoint! Good riddance is the best I can do.
Bad actions have bad consequences as they should.


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:35 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.