Good Guy With a Gun

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Good Guy With a Gun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2013, 07:09 PM   #1
Weapons Aficianado
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4842 Times on 1655 Posts
Likes Given: 1460

Default Good Guy With a Gun

Why aren't all the news media people extolling a guy with a gun saving about a hundred people at the Kenyon Mall.

I think you know why they aren't.

Look on his right side tucked in his pants in the photo.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/09/daniel-zimmerman/good-guy-gun-saves-100-kenyan-mall-siege/

NSDQ

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-25-2013, 07:24 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Yup, somebody mentioned this yesterday, and I still haven't seen the TV interviews of this guy and others like him who helped save people.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 09-25-2013, 08:34 PM   #3
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6327 Times on 3158 Posts
Likes Given: 6815

They love to interview victims and people scared half out of their minds. Makes for great drama, a little blood is always a bonus and any picture of a grieving Mom is a real keeper! A couple soundbites from the "Brave LEO'S" Bosses and a Republicrat and youve got a wrap!

Old 09-25-2013, 09:51 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1151 Times on 751 Posts
Likes Given: 690

You expect anything good to come from mainstream media? They are as corrupt as our government... glad he was brave enough to help those in need.

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.
People Like This 
Old 09-26-2013, 02:35 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2014 Times on 1191 Posts
Likes Given: 971

It does not fit their agenda/narrative, so why help the opposition prove their point.
When are people going to wake up and smell the 'crap'. It is up to ALL OF US to do our part to fight this indoctrination every chance we get.

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

People Like This 
Old 09-28-2013, 08:37 AM   #6

Likes Given: 2

I actually seen a pic on Facebook basically describing the stupidity of gun laws. It was a capital 'l' tiled sideways and said "when you turn the letter 'L' sideways, it could look like a gun and scare people. Therefore, should be removed from the alphabet. Learning to draw guns could also teach our children how to make them. It's better off removing the letter". It was sarcasm, but it's accurate how the government is handling this. I'm Not even in the states and I think it's a bit far.

Old 09-28-2013, 08:38 AM   #7

Likes Given: 2

Sorry, not gun laws, but the people who are using them selectively to fit their needs in having them banned. Like Morgan pierce.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:21 PM   #8
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1608 Times on 986 Posts
Likes Given: 8508

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
It does not fit their agenda/narrative, so why help the opposition prove their point.
When are people going to wake up and smell the 'crap'. It is up to ALL OF US to do our part to fight this indoctrination every chance we get.
Sad but true. People just don't seem to get it as a group that laws only stop those who choose to obey them. They do nothing to prevent crimes and terrorism. Laws are designed to punish those who break them after the fact, and only if there is enough evidence to convict the accused. If the main stream media was to put this out to the public, along with the fact that LAC are an effective means of preventing these tragic events, they would esentially be (pardon the pun) shooting themselves in the foot.

You hit the nail square on the head with your post Jim. The press will never willingly lead the sheep to ensure their own safety. It goes against the wishes of their rank and file.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?