Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Furniture Store Robbery Stopped by the Store Owner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 10:54 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1485 Times on 1005 Posts
Likes Given: 513

Default Furniture Store Robbery Stopped by the Store Owner

Hoke businessman kills 16-year-old in attempted robbery

ABERDEEN, N.C. — Hoke County authorities said Monday that they are investigating an attempted robbery at an Aberdeen furniture store in which one of the suspected robbers, a teenager, was killed in a struggle with the business owner.

Here is the rest of the story for those who are interested.

http://www.wral.com/hoke-businessman-kills-16-year-old-in-attempted-robbery/12091446/

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-12-2013, 02:06 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1234 Times on 714 Posts
Likes Given: 1864

I have read a lot of these reports, and have come to the conclusion that if I am ever confronted by multiple assailants I'll put shots in as many of them as I can. That way it'll be obvious that I was outnumbered and it wasn't just a one-on-one confrontation. Plus it would get all of them identified so they all get either arrested or planted in the ground.

Old 02-12-2013, 02:49 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1485 Times on 1005 Posts
Likes Given: 513

What got me about the story is the store owner managed to get control of the rifle. Yet the robbers with the brass knuckles continued to attack. If I hit someone with brass knuckles once and he didn't fall, I would be looking under the guys shirt for a superman outfit. I don't think I would have continued the attack. I would be looking for the nearest exit.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato