Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Florida is Number One!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2012, 11:47 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1764 Times on 987 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Default Florida is Number One!

As of sometime next week the state of Florida will reach one million active concealed weapons permits.

Over 200,000 of those permits are issued to seniors. Over 200,000 of those active permits are held by females.

One out of every 19 people in Florida has a concealed weapons permit, and the crime rate for those permit holders is 0.3%. Not too shabby people. Congratulate yourselves and keep up the good work.

We're Number One
We're Number One

Story

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-13-2012, 12:21 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5316 Times on 2775 Posts
Likes Given: 335

Well done!!!!!

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 12-13-2012, 02:16 PM   #3

Liked 1088 Times on 652 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402
As of sometime next week the state of Florida will reach one million active concealed weapons permits.

Over 200,000 of those permits are issued to seniors. Over 200,000 of those active permits are held by females.

One out of every 19 people in Florida has a concealed weapons permit, and the crime rate for those permit holders is 0.3%. Not too shabby people. Congratulate yourselves and keep up the good work.

We're Number One
We're Number One

Story
Hey Doc, you sure the COUNT is correct? You know how Florida counts from the past!!
Old 12-13-2012, 04:27 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00 View Post
Hey Doc, you sure the COUNT is correct? You know how Florida counts from the past!!
I knew that was going to come up. I just knew it. Of course you have a very valid point, and a lot of past history to base it on. That just makes it worse.

One thing I forgot to put in the original post is that the numbers mean Florida leads the nation in active carry permits... assuming the numbers are correct.

Old 12-13-2012, 04:30 PM   #5

Liked 1088 Times on 652 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402

I knew that was going to come up. I just knew it. Of course you have a very valid point, and a lot of past history to base it on. That just makes it worse.

One thing I forgot to put in the original post is that the numbers mean Florida leads the nation in active carry permits... assuming the numbers are correct.
I think Illinois should look at the positive points that Florida is showing. I had to mess with you about the counting.

Old 12-13-2012, 04:36 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Well done!!!!!
Thanks. The most impressive thing to me is the crime rate among permit holders. You can arm a bunch of law abiding citizens and not turn it into the O-K Corral.

Old 12-13-2012, 04:40 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00 View Post
I think Illinois should look at the positive points that Florida is showing. I had to mess with you about the counting.
Are you kidding? I would have messed with me about the counting, but I quit talking to myself when they switched my meds. <grin>

A lot of states have followed some of our laws and methods on this. I think we have a pretty good model, but it could be better. It will come one day. Yesterdays announcement will certainly help.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:44 PM   #8

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Does that number include non-resident permits. Have to think many are out of state CCW holders.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 12-13-2012, 04:59 PM   #9

Liked 156 Times on 93 Posts

I'm listening now to a local Florida talk radio station who has been discussing this news at length this morning. From the host to callers, nothing but 100% positive opinion on this. It's feels good knowing that this state recognizes law abiding responsible citizens right to defend themselves and others is a good thing that should be supported.

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved

therewolf Likes This 
Old 12-13-2012, 05:15 PM   #10

Liked 22 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Also take into account the tourists carrying with permits from other states, such as myself when i visit my aunt, then the number of armed, law abiding citizens increases by a large amount and still very few criminals among them.

we're Americans and we pray for peace, and if we can't have peace we find and destroy the people who screwed up the damn peace. So we can have some peace. - Christopher Titus