Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Firearms in the Media (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f169/)
-   -   Florida is Number One! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f169/florida-number-one-78350/)

Doc3402 12-13-2012 11:47 AM

Florida is Number One!

As of sometime next week the state of Florida will reach one million active concealed weapons permits.

Over 200,000 of those permits are issued to seniors. Over 200,000 of those active permits are held by females.

One out of every 19 people in Florida has a concealed weapons permit, and the crime rate for those permit holders is 0.3%. Not too shabby people. Congratulate yourselves and keep up the good work.

We're Number One
We're Number One

Story

JonM 12-13-2012 12:21 PM

Well done!!!!!

Fathead00 12-13-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc3402
As of sometime next week the state of Florida will reach one million active concealed weapons permits.

Over 200,000 of those permits are issued to seniors. Over 200,000 of those active permits are held by females.

One out of every 19 people in Florida has a concealed weapons permit, and the crime rate for those permit holders is 0.3%. Not too shabby people. Congratulate yourselves and keep up the good work.

We're Number One
We're Number One

Story

Hey Doc, you sure the COUNT is correct? You know how Florida counts from the past!!;);)

Doc3402 12-13-2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathead00 (Post 1050056)
Hey Doc, you sure the COUNT is correct? You know how Florida counts from the past!!;);)

I knew that was going to come up. I just knew it. Of course you have a very valid point, and a lot of past history to base it on. That just makes it worse.

One thing I forgot to put in the original post is that the numbers mean Florida leads the nation in active carry permits... assuming the numbers are correct.

Fathead00 12-13-2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc3402

I knew that was going to come up. I just knew it. Of course you have a very valid point, and a lot of past history to base it on. That just makes it worse.

One thing I forgot to put in the original post is that the numbers mean Florida leads the nation in active carry permits... assuming the numbers are correct.

I think Illinois should look at the positive points that Florida is showing. I had to mess with you about the counting.

Doc3402 12-13-2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 1049968)
Well done!!!!!

Thanks. The most impressive thing to me is the crime rate among permit holders. You can arm a bunch of law abiding citizens and not turn it into the O-K Corral.

Doc3402 12-13-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathead00 (Post 1050178)
I think Illinois should look at the positive points that Florida is showing. I had to mess with you about the counting.

Are you kidding? I would have messed with me about the counting, but I quit talking to myself when they switched my meds. <grin>

A lot of states have followed some of our laws and methods on this. I think we have a pretty good model, but it could be better. It will come one day. Yesterdays announcement will certainly help.

Jpyle 12-13-2012 04:44 PM

Does that number include non-resident permits. Have to think many are out of state CCW holders.

MoreAltitude 12-13-2012 04:59 PM

I'm listening now to a local Florida talk radio station who has been discussing this news at length this morning. From the host to callers, nothing but 100% positive opinion on this. It's feels good knowing that this state recognizes law abiding responsible citizens right to defend themselves and others is a good thing that should be supported.

collegekid20 12-13-2012 05:15 PM

Also take into account the tourists carrying with permits from other states, such as myself when i visit my aunt, then the number of armed, law abiding citizens increases by a large amount and still very few criminals among them.