Flasher runs when woman pulls gun on him - Page 3


Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Flasher runs when woman pulls gun on him

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2012, 09:46 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
rocshaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: KanOkla
Posts: 3,279
Liked 2144 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

Default

I read another article on this, the woman had ccl and in fact it was the first time she'd worn her gun in public, due to fog and darkness. She obviously knew what the laws were and she did the right thing protecting herself and her son from this predator. Who knows what his next move might have been and remember, she didn't shoot the guy, only scared him off. Thank God she wore her gun that day.



__________________
rocshaman is offline  
 
Old 11-22-2012, 01:54 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Jacksonville,FL
Posts: 2,823
Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
So wait, let me get this straight, you're posting legal advice on a gun forum but your point is that people shouldn't take legal advice from someone on a gun forum? Okay....

Me, personally, I would have done the same thing. I would rather take the money and the time to defend my actions than be raped and have to deal with the memory of that for the rest of my life.
There is no evidence in the original or follow-up stories to indicate this is about rape. He's a weenie wagger, plain and simple. He was even sitting down while doing his thing, if you'll pardon the expression. The woman told police the perv told her he wanted her to watch him masturbate. Where is the "rape" in that? Without the element of rape, or indications there is about to be a rape, there is no justification legally or morally for deadly force.


__________________
Doc3402 is offline  
 
Old 11-22-2012, 02:06 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
rocshaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: KanOkla
Posts: 3,279
Liked 2144 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402

There is no evidence in the original or follow-up stories to indicate this is about rape. He's a weenie wagger, plain and simple. He was even sitting down while doing his thing, if you'll pardon the expression. The woman told police the perv told her he wanted her to watch him masturbate. Where is the "rape" in that? Without the element of rape, or indications there is about to be a rape, there is no justification legally or morally for deadly force.
She didn't use deadly force, she simply scared the dirtbag off. If he would have come at her she was prepared but after seeing the gun, he took to his heels. So the gun worked as a deterrent as it was intended.
__________________
rocshaman is offline  
 
Old 11-22-2012, 05:10 PM   #24
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Cinderocka1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Laradise
Posts: 6,570
Liked 3709 Times on 2055 Posts
Likes Given: 165

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402

There is no evidence in the original or follow-up stories to indicate this is about rape. He's a weenie wagger, plain and simple. He was even sitting down while doing his thing, if you'll pardon the expression. The woman told police the perv told her he wanted her to watch him masturbate. Where is the "rape" in that? Without the element of rape, or indications there is about to be a rape, there is no justification legally or morally for deadly force.
You cannot even begin to understand what could have been going through that woman's mind. I don't know either, but as Tex said that situation would be a lot less scary to a man than it is to a woman. If someone approached me and started waving their junk at me my first thought would be what is he going to do to me. Then, what am I going to do to keep him from doing it. You can tell him to leave but that's likely a waste of time, if you walk away you ride the chance of him getting angry and coming after you, or you can try and scare him away.
__________________

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Cinderocka1989 is offline  
 
Old 11-22-2012, 05:57 PM   #25
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Chainfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,777
Liked 1651 Times on 985 Posts
Likes Given: 361

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocshaman View Post
She didn't use deadly force, she simply scared the dirtbag off. If he would have come at her she was prepared but after seeing the gun, he took to his heels. So the gun worked as a deterrent as it was intended.
Where I live, if she pointed the weapon in the perps general direction, or threatened to shoot him, she did use deadly force. You don't have to pull the trigger.

That is why it is important to read and understand the statutes.
__________________

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Chainfire is offline  
 
Old 11-22-2012, 06:08 PM   #26
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kfox75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Erie County PA,
Posts: 2,747
Liked 1750 Times on 1079 Posts
Likes Given: 9580

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
You cannot even begin to understand what could have been going through that woman's mind. I don't know either, but as Tex said that situation would be a lot less scary to a man than it is to a woman. If someone approached me and started waving their junk at me my first thought would be what is he going to do to me. Then, what am I going to do to keep him from doing it. You can tell him to leave but that's likely a waste of time, if you walk away you ride the chance of him getting angry and coming after you, or you can try and scare him away.
Not trying to troll but, one point that I would like to bring up.

Almost everyone replying to this thread is looking at it from the POV that the woman was worried about what he would do to her. She had HER CHILD with her. That changes things IMO. What if the intended victim was the kid? How far could his inbalances and perversions increase over time? What if he tried to rape her, and the kid saw everything? What if he tried to kill both of them afterwards? Purely speculation, I know, but if it was my wife and she had her daughter with her, fear for the safety of her child would justify her actions.

If I personally had to choose between facing off with a 275#, 6'4 weight lifter, or a 109# 4'11 woman who just had her child threatened (he!!, even if she just percieved it that way), I would willingly go toe to toe with the man. He will just hurt me, but she will be out for blood.

Like I said, I'm not trying to troll, I'm just giving all of us some food for thought. If it happened to me, and I had my daughter with me, the only thing that would beat him to the hospital would be the headlights of the ambulance he was riding in. Most of us could do it with out the gun, how many of the women in our lives could? YMMV.
__________________

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

kfox75 is offline  
 
Old 11-22-2012, 06:30 PM   #27
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Cinderocka1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Laradise
Posts: 6,570
Liked 3709 Times on 2055 Posts
Likes Given: 165

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

Where I live, if she pointed the weapon in the perps general direction, or threatened to shoot him, she did use deadly force. You don't have to pull the trigger.

That is why it is important to read and understand the statutes.
I gathered that you live in Florida... That's on the opposite end of the country. Saying "where I live" makes your argument useless because her state laws may be different

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75

Not trying to troll but, one point that I would like to bring up.

Almost everyone replying to this thread is looking at it from the POV that the woman was worried about what he would do to her. She had HER CHILD with her. That changes things IMO. What if the intended victim was the kid? How far could his inbalances and perversions increase over time? What if he tried to rape her, and the kid saw everything? What if he tried to kill both of them afterwards? Purely speculation, I know, but if it was my wife and she had her daughter with her, fear for the safety of her child would justify her actions.

If I personally had to choose between facing off with a 275#, 6'4 weight lifter, or a 109# 4'11 woman who just had her child threatened (he!!, even if she just percieved it that way), I would willingly go toe to toe with the man. He will just hurt me, but she will be out for blood.

Like I said, I'm not trying to troll, I'm just giving all of us some food for thought. If it happened to me, and I had my daughter with me, the only thing that would beat him to the hospital would be the headlights of the ambulance he was riding in. Most of us could do it with out the gun, how many of the women in our lives could? YMMV.
That's an excellent point, I had forgotten it said she had her son with her. I was just considering what my options would have been had I been in her situation (I don't have children yet).

I'm a pretty tough girl, I carry a gun for a reason, because I know that my odds aren't good without it.
__________________

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.


Last edited by Cinderocka1989; 11-22-2012 at 06:32 PM.
Cinderocka1989 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Old 11-22-2012, 07:17 PM   #28
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

I wanted to get back into this but...

Frankly, you (to all for whom it applies) who are downing the woman for protecting herself and her child from a blatant pervert, who's intentions were not thoroughly known, you're.... Sorry. So sorry to call it as it is, but yes, you are.

Who's signature line is it? The theory that a woman found dead in an alley is morally superior or something?

Really? A WOMAN, with her CHILD. Do you ..... know not only how scary that is, but how DAMAGING THAT CAN BE FOR A YOUNG CHILD?

Maybe if you learn the lesson the hard way you'll better understand. I hope you never do though. I understand it.

I edited this for content. But really, those of you who think the woman was wrong, I desperately want to meet you face to face, so that you can better understand what real fear is you .......

__________________
trip286 is offline  
Tackleberry1 Likes This 
Old 11-23-2012, 01:30 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Jacksonville,FL
Posts: 2,823
Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
You cannot even begin to understand what could have been going through that woman's mind. I don't know either, but as Tex said that situation would be a lot less scary to a man than it is to a woman.
You're absolutely right. That's why I showed my daughter (age 30) the original and follow-up story. The very first thing she said was, "And she pulled a gun?" She followed that up with, "That's just wrong."
__________________
Doc3402 is offline  
 
Old 11-23-2012, 01:44 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Jacksonville,FL
Posts: 2,823
Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Default

Quote:
She didn't use deadly force, she simply scared the dirtbag off.
I never said she did, but the circumstances do not warrant even the threat of deadly force. As I said in my first post, in Florida her actions could be seen as aggravated assault with a firearm. This is a felony that carries a mandatory minimum 3 years in prison upon conviction. The fact that it is a felony would strip her gun rights as well as all other civil rights away from her... for a weenie wagger.

You know, this would have been a good case for a non-lethal deterrent such as pepper or a stun gun.


__________________
Doc3402 is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Xd pulls to the right lbwar15 XD Forum 6 11-12-2012 01:26 PM
Dry Runs? danf_fl Survival & Sustenance Living Forum 8 07-20-2010 02:11 PM
Why is it that a single woman is thinner then a married woman? opaww The Club House 4 05-31-2010 11:16 PM
Anyone besides me like straight pulls? FALPhil General Rifle Discussion 11 09-27-2007 07:46 PM