Flasher runs when woman pulls gun on him - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Flasher runs when woman pulls gun on him

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2012, 01:37 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1652 Times on 986 Posts
Likes Given: 361

Rick, I know what you are saying, and I agree with the emotion, but emotions and legal issues are not the same. I think you either miss my point or would rather ignore it; but that doesn't invalidate it.

If you are going to carry, you better know what your laws are, because your opinions can land you in prison. That point should not be arguable.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 11-17-2012, 01:45 PM   #12

Liked 2027 Times on 1116 Posts
Likes Given: 1350

Hey Chanifire. No offense intended. In Colorado reasonable fear for life or serous bodily harm is legal self defense. I live in a very gun friendly state. She might have gotten away with shooting him here.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 11-17-2012, 02:09 PM   #13

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

She was a woman with her young son. She should have killed him.

Old 11-17-2012, 02:21 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2144 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
She was a woman with her young son. She should have killed him.
I just hope they catch the lunatic before he progresses to the next level.

Old 11-17-2012, 02:25 PM   #15

Liked 144 Times on 99 Posts

I don't know, if someone came up to my wife * agressivly masturbating*, excuse me for a second AHH BWHAHAHA, I would hope she shoots em in the D. Good job lady.

Old 11-18-2012, 06:09 AM   #16

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 10

hahahahaha that story is hilarious! that guy wasnt expecting that! go woman!

Old 11-21-2012, 07:27 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Did they arrest her? There was no threat of death or great bodily harm. Why did she pull the gun? At a minimum it would be brandishing a firearm here, but since she pointed it at him it would most likely be aggravated assault, which is a felony. This woman risks a prison term and losing her rights for a weenie wagger? Stupid.

Old 11-21-2012, 08:56 PM   #18
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3757 Times on 2083 Posts
Likes Given: 168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

And therein, lies the rub.....

If an anti-gun prosecutor charged the woman with aggravated battery with a firearm, (and it does happen....often!) it really does not matter what you and I think, unless we are on her jury.

The woman would be forced to prove that her fear of rape was "reasonable" in order for her to justify pulling the gun. "reasonable" is an argument that a jury would have to decide. You can bet that the DA would be arguing that her action was "unreasonable". Even if you or I were on the jury and would not convict her of the crime, she would have gone through a year or two of pure hell, and economic disaster to prove that she was justified in using the gun.

Look at Zimmerman. You can bet your ass he wishes he had never seen the kid he shot. He probably wishes he had taken an ass-whoopin from the kid. I would be willing to bet, that if he had a do-over, he would have never pulled the trigger and would have accepted a beating, even a severe beating, rather than to have to defend himself in court. Even if he avoids prison, which is iffy, his life has been changed forever, and not for the better.

The whole point of my response to this thread is to try to get gun owners to learn and think about what their laws are. Don't assume, don't guess, and for heavens sake, don't take the advice of folks on gun forums. The laws are different in every state. What you and I, would consider to be completly reasonable, and justifiable, might end up with you spending many long years wasted in a jail cell.
So wait, let me get this straight, you're posting legal advice on a gun forum but your point is that people shouldn't take legal advice from someone on a gun forum? Okay....

Me, personally, I would have done the same thing. I would rather take the money and the time to defend my actions than be raped and have to deal with the memory of that for the rest of my life.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:12 PM   #19

Liked 1652 Times on 986 Posts
Likes Given: 361

[quote=Cinderocka1989;1022723]So wait, let me get this straight, you're posting legal advice on a gun forum but your point is that people shouldn't take legal advice from someone on a gun forum? Okay....

Exactly! My point is know (find out) your States gun laws unless you want a long love affair with another inmate.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 11-21-2012, 09:26 PM   #20
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3757 Times on 2083 Posts
Likes Given: 168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

Exactly! My point is know (find out) your States gun laws unless you want a long love affair with another inmate.
There is nothing in that story that suggests she broke any of her state laws, since most states require a permit to carry a concealed weapon and to get that permit you are required to take a course where they teach about local firearm, or at least mine did, she lie than likely knew the laws in her state, felt threatened and reacted accordingly.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Closed Thread