Family Dollar Customer Shoots Robber - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Family Dollar Customer Shoots Robber

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2013, 12:13 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2251 Times on 1225 Posts
Likes Given: 3513

Yep, the scumbag had robbed another business: Sounds like he was out on bail. Ardic White is in the hospital having numerous leaks repaired. i love it when a violent low life leaks.

Quote:
He was previously charged with robbing The Original Oyster House on the Causeway.

Spanish Fort Police said White and another man had held the manager of that restaurant at gunpoint before stealing the night deposit money.

http://www.fox10tv.com/news/local/mobile-county/good-samaritan-shoots-suspect-speaks
Old 11-16-2013, 12:35 AM   #12

Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
And they should read something like his - "We appreciate all of our law abiding customers, especially those that provide added security! Show your PD weapon at checkout and receive 10% off your total bill! Thank You, Family Dollar, Inc."
In a sane USA that is what the sign would say, but I suspect that we will see something much more negative posted.
Old 11-17-2013, 03:40 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2139 Times on 1470 Posts
Likes Given: 795

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior1256 View Post
In a sane USA that is what the sign would say, but I suspect that we will see something much more negative posted.
Most of the time there are only two clerks in a Family Dollar at any given time. It seems that Family Dollar would want armed clerks. Family Dollar doesn't allow employees to have a weapon on the premises. A clerk at the Family Dollar here leaves his hunting rifle at my house so he doesn't have to go back home to get his rifle. He hunts one of the better spots in the area. He doesn't want to miss a second on his stand.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine

Warrior1256 Likes This 
Old 11-18-2013, 05:15 AM   #14

Liked 4792 Times on 2680 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Did Family Dollar give him a years supply of stale "Snacks"

Old 11-18-2013, 05:23 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 185 Times on 125 Posts
Likes Given: 501

Default Good ststs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
i think the stat i heard was, in modern times....about 80% shot with a handgun survive.
Good data! ...& an excellent article here:

http://www.shootingvoodoo.com/index.php/articles/gunshot_wounds_and_you/

“The ultimate aim of martial arts is not having to use them”
― Miyamoto Musashi
"The only gunfight won is the one avoided."
― The Rukh
"Ignorance is treatable - stupidity is terminal."
― The Rukh

Old 11-21-2013, 07:53 PM   #16

Liked 81 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Sometimes the reasons are simpler than might be. A person who receives multiple gunshot wounds is more likely to be immediately transported to an emergency room and get immediate care. If not dead on scene, they have a fair chance of survival.

Which somewhat explains the large number of people 'killed' with .22 or .25 caliber pistols. They run off, don't feel too bad and don't get care. Then die of gangrene or other infection several days later.

Back to the main theme: Good for the customer. Let's all pray he doesn't get screwed over by 'local authorities' and/or a civil suit.

Finally back in the United States!
OIIOHH
See my blog at:
http://oldmanmontgomery.wordpress.com/

Old 11-21-2013, 08:55 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by therukh View Post
There's only one fault with the article at the link. They're preaching kill shots. It is an article on how to shoot to kill, and that should never be our goal. Shoot to end the threat. Shoot to make the bad guy stop doing what he intends to do. Take your choice. They're one and the same.

The article makes us look bloodthirsty, and even though we are for the most part armed, I don't think that's the case. I just think we want to be able to move about in safety, but be ready and able to defend ourselves against the predators in our society.

Old 11-25-2013, 03:58 PM   #18

Liked 573 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 722

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402
Shoot to end the threat. Shoot to make the bad guy stop doing what he intends to do. Take your choice. They're one and the same.
Same advice when I asked the question - from Axxe55.

It is the right answer and I'll never forget it. Just makes sense. But I'd hate to have someone live - then sue me.

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!

Old 11-25-2013, 04:11 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 783 Times on 521 Posts
Likes Given: 49

I'm sorry but the way I was trained to end the threat usually ends up being fatal I agree that you have to choose words carefully but most everyone I know is trained to aim for center mass the largest target on a person I mean I know if it ever happens to me I'll probably go to jail for triple tapping someone just cause that was my training and some da will call that overkill and off to court I'll go

this message was sent using my Barrett 50 straight to your brain.

Old 12-03-2013, 04:15 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1275 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

It's good to have a news outlet that reports positive uses of guns. The big 3 won't mention this unless it turns into a Zimmerman fiasco. Maybe Al and Jesse don't read nor watch Fox News. But, they probably do. At least the shooter wasn't a "honkie".