Don't mess with a man of God who's packing!! - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Don't mess with a man of God who's packing!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2013, 01:46 AM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

My favorite minister was Rev. Elijah Craig of Georgetown, Ky. Old Rev. Elijah invented Bourbon Whisky. I don't know if he owned a pistol. But I am sure he had "Shot" glass.

Old 11-03-2013, 01:44 AM   #62
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3160 Times on 2147 Posts
Likes Given: 685

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy

a gun is a deterrent to a crime perhaps more often than it is used in defense.

i know TWO people who have pulled a gun in a self defense situation....in BOTH instances the aggressors backed off instantly and NO SHOT was fired.

do some people here WANT a person to get shot? stopping the crime without killing anyone is ALMOST always the best scenario, especially when we are only talking about someone attempting to simply take money.
3. You Know 3 people who Drew a Gun to stop a Crime In Progress. 2X...maybe if everyone is Nice and puts away their toys we'll have story time...
I'm Subbing at the HS on Monday & Tuesday for a Hist. Teacher who has to Go to Cali for her Mothers Funeral. She told me in E-mail that I don't have to teach her Lesson, if i want to let them do Homework "Quietly," But we'll see about her AP Class....

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 11-03-2013, 02:40 PM   #63

Liked 2847 Times on 1686 Posts
Likes Given: 1874

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
3. You Know 3 people who Drew a Gun to stop a Crime In Progress. 2X...maybe if everyone is Nice and puts away their toys we'll have story time...
one of my friends managed a family restaurant and was closing up. he was working his books, when he heard a slamming at the back door. he had a lot of friends in the town and he was pretty young, so he suspected it was some friends fooling around, but he took his gun anyway. it stopped and began again at a side door. he then saw through a window two men he didn't recognize attempting to kick the door in. he tapped the window and pointed the gun at the two men...who immediately stopped, put up their hands, and backed away slowly. they then drove away. police never found them, they were suspected out of town scum bags.

on a slightly less successful and funny story. one family member objected to my friends carrying the gun closing the restaurant. (this was before the attempted robbery). he waited outside and when my friend was locking up the door, he took his gun away from him..........kinda crazy way to make a point....but my buddy took much better care of his gun after that and was FAR more aware of his surroundings.

the other friend i had who pulled a gun in self defense did not even have a chl, but he and his wife carried a gun anyway. this story was told long ago and i don't remember it exactly. he was living in Tennessee at the time. they were harassed verbally by a group of young men/teens he called "nazis" (he said all 5-6 of them had shaved heads). him and his wife were roller blading when this group began to harass them. they exchanged words, and at some point, one of the group tried to grab his wife, and they immediately tried to get away from them (on roller blades ). apparently, at some point the park path they were at unexpectedly turned from concrete to gravel. apparently, his wife wiped out and roughed herself up pretty good. my friend had a derringer he carried in their back pack. the "nazis" were still giving chase when he pulled it from their back pack and put it in the face of the leader. he immediately changed his tune to "whoa, whoa! we were just playing around, don't shoot us man." the group took off immediately. my friend and wife both admitted they felt something really bad might have happened if they had not used the gun to back these guys off.

not super exciting...but i think both are very legit examples of how the sight of a gun can deescalate a bad situation w/o firing a shot. most criminals/troublemakers aren't walking around looking to die imo. once they lose the upper hand, they mostly look for a way to escape the situation.

how about your story(ies)?
Old 11-03-2013, 03:12 PM   #64

Liked 40 Times on 23 Posts

The thing is it must have appeared to be any object other than a firearm. The report states the "robber" demanded money twice and was denied twice by the clerk. If the clerk was willing to risk their life over $50-100 "not knowing" what was wrapped in plastic then the clerk was a fool... But it was obvious that the clerk knew the robber was bluffing about a firearm and the pastor obviously could see through the robbers bluff as well. Kudos to the clerk and to the pastor for doing what they felt was right at the time.

Old 11-03-2013, 06:19 PM   #65
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3160 Times on 2147 Posts
Likes Given: 685

1):

Coming home from my Part timer at an Armored Car Co. In the Bronx(which was later the subject of a major robbery investigation because two shytheads robbed their own company of 3.5 Million $ in cash & Gaming recps. from the Dispatch building. I was already in the Service when that went down, but they investigated everyone.) While I was In School. My Mom's Friend was getting attacked by her Ex-BF under my window(at the time we lived in a Housing development, but my parents bought a Co-op after that!) Ran down stairs with my Python and Broke it up. wanted him to Lay on the ground like a good Wife Beater, but he ran and since I was In CJ school and hoping to be a cop, didn't feel like shooting him in the back. He was busted at his Apt. an hour later, faking sleep. They put him in the car and brought him over to be ID'ed by both myself and his Ex....Second offense, he got 18 months and served 14 of them.

2)
Coming back from a NY Rangers Game when I was home on Leave, with some friends. Got off the subway at our stop, and we split up to go to our homes. 2 of us decided we needed a Slice of the Worlds Greatest Pizza EVER(3 boys from Italy on Burke Av. & White Plains Road In The Bronx. Still stands to this day. Just had a slice there when I was Back In NY for the NFL Draft this past April). We had our slices and talked with the workers a bit about how the Rangers Stunk, and walked Home. Friend was At his Building first, so i walked up the Hill to my Building. Noticed 2 guys in front who did not belong. I kept walking in the hopes they would leave,..but they were giving me the stink eye so I knew they were up to "no Good" walked around the back of the two buildings(fused together) to the pay phone and called my House. Told Dad what was up and said " come downstairs with your gun, and Mine," he said "don't be stupid. If I shoot them, no worries, I'm on the Job, YOU, and we'll be cleaned out trying to keep you out of Jail and needing lubricant."(leave it to my Dad to Be BLUNT!) so he comes downstairs and lights a cig. Then Lifts his Sweater to allow his 38 to show with His Nice shiny Federal Postal Police Badge, and Said " you guys see any dirtbags hangin out here looking to rob People??" "No" they Said,..we just waitin for Jammal to come out," and started walking. Jammal Was already locked up and not selling Drugs anymore,... when I came back to the front of the building I asked my Dad what he said "nuttin" he said,...and we went upstairs...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Last edited by DrFootball; 11-03-2013 at 06:22 PM.
People Like This 
Old 11-05-2013, 01:14 PM   #66

Liked 573 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 722

hawkguy,
Great stories.

DrFootball,
Those are great stories. I like your dad's style. Smart thinking!

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!
hawkguy Likes This