Don't mess with a man of God who's packing!! - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Don't mess with a man of God who's packing!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2013, 08:19 AM   #51
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22191 Times on 12450 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
Yeah its getting nuts around here. On this thread you've got guys saying the pastor SHOULD have shot the guy with a bag in his hand. On the other thread you've got guys saying the cops SHOULDNT have shot the kid with what looked exactly like an AK in his hand. And all sides ready to go do pistols at dawn.

For what its worth, in this case the guy's a man of God. Anybody ever consider that maybe he felt like God was telling him not to shoot?
whether it was God whispering in his ear, gut instincts or just plain luck, IMO it turned out just fine. the Good guy won and the BG went to jail.
Old 10-27-2013, 03:50 PM   #52

Liked 3212 Times on 1917 Posts
Likes Given: 2276

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
whether it was God whispering in his ear, gut instincts or just plain luck, IMO it turned out just fine. the Good guy won and the BG went to jail.
seriously, guys......just listen to and agree with axxe & you'll be much better off. the only time axxe might be wrong, is if he is arguing with ME.
Old 10-27-2013, 03:51 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
seriously, guys......just listen to and agree with axxe & you'll be much better off. the only time axxe might be wrong, is if he is arguing with ME.
i'm always right! just ask my wife!
Old 10-27-2013, 05:04 PM   #54

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:

WWAD

What Would Axxe Do

Back on topic..
It turned out OK in the end but I don't think I would have taken that gamble. I have to wonder why the pastor carrys if he has this type of hesitation, but we all have to do things how we believe them to be right.

But I do not subscribe to the idea that presenting a firearm simply for effect is a good way to diffuse a situation like this. I wont say he was right or wrong though. It would have been wrong for me.
But who knows, maybe he had the big guy on his 6. And if that was the case he had some serious backup.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

People Like This 
Old 10-27-2013, 05:24 PM   #55

Liked 3212 Times on 1917 Posts
Likes Given: 2276

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post

WWAD

What Would Axxe Do

Back on topic..
It turned out OK in the end but I don't think I would have taken that gamble. I have to wonder why the pastor carrys if he has this type of hesitation, but we all have to do things how we believe them to be right.

But I do not subscribe to the idea that presenting a firearm simply for effect is a good way to diffuse a situation like this. I wont say he was right or wrong though. It would have been wrong for me.
But who knows, maybe he had the big guy on his 6. And if that was the case he had some serious backup.
well said. and for the record, i'm not saying one should present a gun JUST FOR this effect. present the gun being prepared to use it, but not WANTING to. presenting the weapon will OFTEN get the result of deescalating the situation as a welcome side effect. if it works out this way, its win-win imo, as this case worked out.

Last edited by hawkguy; 10-27-2013 at 05:26 PM.
People Like This 
Old 10-27-2013, 05:58 PM   #56

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
well said. and for the record, i'm not saying one should present a gun JUST FOR this effect. present the gun being prepared to use it, but not WANTING to. presenting the weapon will OFTEN get the result of deescalating the situation as a welcome side effect. if it works out this way, its win-win imo, as this case worked out.
Yeah, it would be really hard to say he messed up being the outcome. I would hate to think this is the mans idea in the beginning and ending up on the colder side of the stick though if another situation would arise. Presentation can deescalate a bad situation or it can make things a lot worse. It's really a coin toss as you have an even chance either outcome can happen. It's those odds that make me not want ot try it.

But like you say though it's a win-win in this instance. Calling him wrong looking at the result this time is a little too armchair tactical for me. But I can say he had more faith then I think I would have if I was in that situation.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

People Like This 
Old 10-27-2013, 06:47 PM   #57
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:

WWAD

What Would Axxe Do

Back on topic..

I'm in agreement with you, and I will stay in agreement until I get my crystal ball out of the shop.
Old 10-27-2013, 07:08 PM   #58
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3101 Times on 1507 Posts
Likes Given: 1557

AXXE,

You are exactly correct! Obviouly it is hard to second guess the correct approach to the situation when we are not physically there. Being a man of God perhaps one needs to give God the credit also for watching over all involved. And I believe it came out as it was meant too. And who knows what might come out of it. And there are times from experience that one is justified to use deadly force but choses not to for one reason or another. I have a great lifetime experience story I could share sometime in this regard if anyone ever wants to hear it.
God Bless the Pastor for his action. In closing it is almost hard to believe that NBC would report anything positive about concealed carry, the right to keep and bear arms and an armed citizen curbing a crime! I was suprised. As most of the liberal press seems they only report on the negative when it comes to citizens carrying and our Second Amendment.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

People Like This 
Old 10-27-2013, 08:24 PM   #59

Quote:

WWAD

What Would Axxe Do

Back on topic..

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
AXXE,

You are exactly correct! Obviouly it is hard to second guess the correct approach to the situation when we are not physically there. Being a man of God perhaps one needs to give God the credit also for watching over all involved. And I believe it came out as it was meant too. And who knows what might come out of it. And there are times from experience that one is justified to use deadly force but choses not to for one reason or another. I have a great lifetime experience story I could share sometime in this regard if anyone ever wants to hear it.
God Bless the Pastor for his action. In closing it is almost hard to believe that NBC would report anything positive about concealed carry, the right to keep and bear arms and an armed citizen curbing a crime! I was suprised. As most of the liberal press seems they only report on the negative when it comes to citizens carrying and our Second Amendment.

WWAD? really guys!

honestly i can't say i would have shot the BG or not. i wasn't there. it was not my situation to control. and i totally agree, that if a person isn't prepared mentally to use the gun they are carrying then they shouldn't be carrying in the first place, and just to carry for demonstration.

i can only hope that if i were ever in the same type situation, that God is watching over my shoulder and is my mentor in either shooting or not shooting someone.

divine intervention, gun instincts or luck, it's really irelevent in he fact that the good guys walked away, and the BG lost by going to jail. and also look at all the good press a story like this does for LAC's carrying and supporting the 2nd amendment. a good story like this, makes the liberal gun haters look a little silly. i can live with that.

Old 11-03-2013, 01:33 AM   #60

Liked 94 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 29

I find it difficult to second guess a man who did - whatever he did - and won.

Finally back in the United States!
OIIOHH
See my blog at:
http://oldmanmontgomery.wordpress.com/