Detroit homeowner shoots intruder who broke in with crowbar - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Detroit homeowner shoots intruder who broke in with crowbar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2014, 01:03 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 47 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 1

We finally have a mayor in Detroit that understands our rights. More and more people are not putting up with this crap.

Old 05-05-2014, 01:34 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 636 Times on 376 Posts
Likes Given: 406

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Not necessarily. If the woman lived alone or with other women, some men feel they are easy targets. Believe me, I know............I've been a single female for almost 20 years. i've been 'had' by mechanics, plumbers and my idiot neighbor for quite a while.
Yes, you are right, but not me I don't think that way.

Criminals, thugs and dopeheads-Do not tread on me or my family

keep your liberals at bay, so the eagle can pick them apart.

Old 05-05-2014, 01:37 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1585 Times on 1082 Posts
Likes Given: 546

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJak View Post
We finally have a mayor in Detroit that understands our rights. More and more people are not putting up with this crap.
Recently every case of self defense that I have seen as noteworthy happened in Detroit. What will make me even happier is when people in Chicago start defending themselves.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 05-05-2014, 02:18 PM   #14
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7092 Times on 4269 Posts
Likes Given: 8600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1803 View Post
Yes, you are right, but not me I don't think that way.
Good and decent men don't look at single women as targets. But there is the small handful of creeps who prey upon others such as single women, the elderly, etc. I have been 'taken' by a couple unscrupulous repair people and it makes me so angry I let it happen but I didn't know it was happening until it was all done.

But here is a true story. My very selfish and inconsiderate husband left me in 1994. He was difficult to live with. When I joined this forum I couldn't help but notice the vast majority of men here dearly love their wives, want them to be happy and are very kind and caring towards their families. That was very foreign to me. It was definitely an eye opener for me. It was so wonderful to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
Recently every case of self defense that I have seen as noteworthy happened in Detroit. What will make me even happier is when people in Chicago start defending themselves.
There has been one case of self defense from a Chicago citizen that was legally conceal carrying. Slowly but surely the citizens of Chicago will take back their city from the thugs.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2014-04-05/news/chi-cops-no-charges-for-man-with-concealed-carry-permit-who-fired-at-armed-male-20140405_1_carry-permit-two-face-charges-police-search
People Like This 
Old 05-05-2014, 02:26 PM   #15

Liked 22 Times on 19 Posts

Never bring a crowbar to a gunfight. Well done, lady.

Old 05-07-2014, 12:14 PM   #16
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1924 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 2080

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
Recently Mr. McDonald (of McDonald vs. City of Chicago case) died. On the day he died, another elderly black man in Chicago successfully defended himself in public. He had recently gotten his carry permit and was carrying when two (I think) punks decided to mess with him. There was an article on that very recently, either here on FTF or maybe on GunsSaveLives. Not sure if this is that case or not:

http://gunssavelives.net/self-defense/breaking-first-defensive-gun-use-in-chicago-illinois-by-carry-permit-holder/

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 05-07-2014, 01:06 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1879 Times on 1337 Posts
Likes Given: 2118

Default Movie title...........

Crow bar vrs. Gun..........Who do you think will win............I wish she would have had a shot gun, and placed a well aimed shot to the head.....

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 05-07-2014, 07:36 PM   #18
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

never take a crowbar to a gun fight!

Old 05-08-2014, 09:58 AM   #19

Liked 235 Times on 142 Posts
Likes Given: 46

I'm not sure the mindset of Chicago is the same as Detroit. Many areas of Detroit could realistically be considered a free for all, whereas while Chicago has its own war zones, the thinking there is that the police will protect you.

Old 05-10-2014, 04:32 AM   #20

Liked 22 Times on 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
never take a crowbar to a gun fight!
Lol, I posted that two days ago, haha