Denny's denies detectives - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Denny's denies detectives

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 09:57 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3859 Times on 1864 Posts
Likes Given: 701

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

That is well and true. However, that does not, in any way, mean that Denny's should have to serve anyone that they don't choose to serve. It is their business to ruin if that is what they wish. We should be supporting them for making the stand that if it is good enough of the civilians, then it is good enough for the cops, and the cop's bosses that make the rules.
What if they refused service because they were black?

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 01-03-2013, 09:58 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire
I don't go to Dennys because they have the unmitigated gall to have a breakfast-serving resturant, in the Deep South, that doesn't have grits on the menu. They also have lousy coffee.

To hell with them.
Another thing I agree with Chainfire on! :-D

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 01-03-2013, 11:57 PM   #23

Liked 208 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 289

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepergeo View Post
"...off duty" were the key words, so the manager should treat them just like any other customer.
I don't even know if there are words to form a sentance that would even come close to addressing the idiocy of this comment. I'll try though...so this ok for these plain clothes detectives to carry their firearms when they are being paid, but when they are not drawing a check we cannot trust them to carry a sidearm in any place? I bet the customer that complained would be singing a different tune if a bg came in with a gun moments after the cops left.

I will agree that they should be treated as a regular civilian...a regular civilian should be allowed to carry in public if they are legal to do so.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:59 PM   #24
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5675 Times on 2963 Posts
Likes Given: 375

i think its kinda funny that the enforcement arm of the politicians is getting a bit of a taste of their own laws. heh. whats good for the goose

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Jeepergeo Likes This 
Old 01-04-2013, 01:02 AM   #25

I don't wish for bad things... But it would've been funny if after they kicked out the cops, a crazy dude with a knife went Chinese style and started flipping out.

Old 01-04-2013, 01:14 AM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1227 Times on 600 Posts
Likes Given: 74

My son was in a Dennys in Winter Springs, FL in May of 2010 when it was held up at gunpoint. In the video he is the one in the green shirt and shorts. They also talk of the manager not giving up his phone. That is also my son who made that call, not the manager. They later caught the guys, and my son is still dealing with the court summons.

Why would they not want armed, legal citizens in their restaurants?

A bad day at the range is better then a good day on the job!

Old 01-04-2013, 01:58 AM   #27

Well like its been said before, their food is crap anyways...They're just another one on my very long 'screw that place, I'll never eat there again' list.... I made sure to send the link to my cop husband, who was also a plain clothes detective for quite a few years.... lol

Old 01-04-2013, 03:08 AM   #28

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Back before the political correctness killed free speech. Dennys was called Sambos. These were nice friendly coffee stops.

sambo.jpg  
Old 01-04-2013, 03:09 AM   #29

Liked 121 Times on 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarquez View Post
Read the whole article!! The GM intervened BEFORE the detectives left the restaurant, apologized and corrected the mistake made by one person, NOT the Denny's chain. What a bunch of crybabies.
Did you read a different article than I did? because I saw nowhere where it said "the GM stepped in before the detectives left" instead, what I saw was where the manager asked them to leave, and then someone who's title makes it sound like they work for Denny's corperate, apologized after the fact, as in, the next day after the story made it's way up the chain...

"This bothered a patron who then complained to a manager, David Rice, who then complained to one of the detectives: Please take your gun to your car or leave. No guns allowed.

"Upon further discussion, we became aware the individual was a plain-clothed police officer," Denny's spokeswoman Liz DiTrapano said in a statement, according to the News-Democrat. "Denny's policy permits law enforcement officials to carry their firearms in the restaurant, and we regret any misunderstanding.""

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyChadwell View Post
I don't even know if there are words to form a sentance that would even come close to addressing the idiocy of this comment. I'll try though...so this ok for these plain clothes detectives to carry their firearms when they are being paid, but when they are not drawing a check we cannot trust them to carry a sidearm in any place? I bet the customer that complained would be singing a different tune if a bg came in with a gun moments after the cops left.

I will agree that they should be treated as a regular civilian...a regular civilian should be allowed to carry in public if they are legal to do so.
Well, we wouldn't want the officers to be able to defend themselves when the crack-head they busted last week, who's out on bail, was walking by and saw them and decided to seek his own revenge against them, because...afterall, they are off duty and not being paid. We only trust them and allow them to defend themselves while they are "on the clock"

Old 01-04-2013, 03:16 AM   #30

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyChadwell View Post

Many law enforcement departments are deeply involved in denying law abiding citizens from fully exercising their 2nd amendment rights (San Diego, Los Angeles, and San Francisco departments to name just three) and many LEOs are all too happy to walk lockstep with those departments to deny said rights (I can already hear the "we're just following orders" excuse).

Take a gander at the press out there regarding on duty and off duty LEO gun crime/accidents/incidents and compare that to the same gun crime/accidents/incidents for civilian CCW holders. Bottom line, civilian CCW holders appear to be much safer with their guns as a group. The logical conclusion is that society would be better protected with more civilian CCWs being issued and not allowing off duty LEOs to automatically carry off duty. Of course, off duty LEOs should have the ability to apply for a CCW permit for off duty...perhaps a panel of citizens could be established to review and reject...ooops....I mean review, consider, and possibly approve...their applications.

But of course, civilian CCW applicants and holders don't have a ton of yellow tape to spread around or taxpayer supported unions to make their case for them.