Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Debunking Magazine Capacity Limits.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2013, 03:44 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 49 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 80

Plus, you have one shooter and 5 CCW holders in one room, inconsistent training and experience, so you have 5 different perceptions on what is going on..... now you run into tunnel vision and inexperience, poor judgment and now you have good guys shooting good guys.

Old 04-02-2013, 04:00 AM   #52

I am also a FLETC certified active shooter instructor, we run the scenarios as real as possible with real kids in a school, running and screaming and whatever else you can think of and trust me, the training I went thru just to be an instructor was not easy, it is not a simple task in any way shape or form, when you end up in the real situation, it is hard to say how you will act.

Old 04-02-2013, 04:12 AM   #53

Liked 64 Times on 40 Posts

So now we're down to concealed carry being a bad idea everywhere? Because what you just described is what's going on OUTSIDE of schools.

And as far as "6 year old Amy" is concerned, I think she'll be fine as long as I'm not aiming for the shooter's knee caps. Unless he happens to be 6 years old also and the same height as all the kids, I'm aiming for chest and head...well above any kids.

But you ask if I could live with that kind of mistake. I guess my over analytical mind thinks of it this way: I've got 2 options, do something or do nothing. By doing something, yes there is a chance of making a fatal mistake. But I can't imagine watching Adam Lanza open fire on a bunch of first graders, having a shot on but refusing to take it because I was more concerned about the legal implication, should I miss. Guess what, that shooter isn't worried about any of the rules of humanity or rules of engagement. So then there's the option of doing nothing. There is a very high probability this option will lead to your ultimate demise, but lets say you lived through it. Would you be able to live with yourself any better knowing had the laws have been different, you could have had the power to do something about it but instead you were just as helpless as all the kids?

Most cops (the trained personnel who I'm guessing are the ones you are saying should be allowed to carry in schools) who are put in a situation where they must use deadly force generally hit their mark 25-30% of the time. I'm sure civilians are lower, but I'm willing to bet it's not so much lower that you could justify them carrying in schools over us.

Old 04-02-2013, 04:27 AM   #54

No I am not saying CCW is bad everywhere or whatever, but in some situations it can be a bad idea, you can have no shooting experience and go get a CCW, there is no set standard of training, I am all for CCW and being armed to protect yourself don't get me wrong. How many people tho just go get their CCW and then when are in a situation where they have to shoot someone can't pull the trigger because not everyone can just take someones life so easily. As far as your hitting the mark 25-30% of the time when having to use deadly force, I am not sure where you are getting your statistics from but that is not so for all agencies and trained personnel. Yes I know you watch TV and see where shootouts thousands of rounds are fired from cops and badguys and then you maybe get 6 hits.... most of the time this is those cops first time in a shootout too, and you gotta take into account the distances they are shooting with just pistols, the fact that they are inexperienced in this situation which like I said, just training is not always enough. I am not against joe blow getting his CCW and carrying do not get me wrong, every citizen should have the right to carry as long as you have not been convicted of a crime and are responsible with it. I am just trying to make a point with the fact that properly experience and trained personnel should be the ones armed in schools and protecting children, there are plenty of ex LEO's and military vets that have the training and experience that would gladly take those jobs.

Old 04-02-2013, 04:30 AM   #55

Oh and the fact that 6 year old Amy should be fine is not enough, should is not a guarantee and again depending on someones experience and ability to deal with the stress you don't know where their rounds are gonna go when they are highly stressed and just squeezing a trigger, when the bullet leaves the barrel of your gun no matter who you are including any LEO you are responsible for whatever that bullet hits and what it does no matter what