Debunking Magazine Capacity Limits. - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Debunking Magazine Capacity Limits.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2013, 10:46 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Since you want to redefine what I did say - to fit an argument you want to make ... which is like if I took this quote below and pretended to think you mean the NRA was in support of creating a gun registry...

I think I will just say good day... happy shooting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonSCJ View Post

Now this is where you are VERY greatly mistaken. Background checks are about keeping tabs on the guns and creating a registry. The government could care less what other purposes they serve.

Ken -- Washington the State --
Newer gun owner = Sig Mosquito

Old 04-01-2013, 10:57 PM   #42

Liked 64 Times on 40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_inWA
Since you want to redefine what I did say - to fit an argument you want to make ... which is like if I took this quote below and pretended to think you mean the NRA was in support of creating a gun registry...

Without the NRA to run interference, the gun grabbers would make buying a gun the same process as interviewing to work for the secret service! They are just trying to keep the laws as similar to what they are now as possible.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:08 PM   #43

Liked 638 Times on 385 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Good point Custom. IIRC around 155,000 vets are on the gun "no buy" list bc of PTSD. To make you mentally unable to buy, I feel a judge should be the one to say so. Not an anti-gun doctor or bureaucrat. I know judges aren't infallible, but the decision would be public record and could be appealed.

As a side note, I know some vets that had to seek treatment outside the VA and on their own dime for PTSD to prevent being labeled crazy or killing their career. We send these people to war, we have a responsibility to make them as whole as possible when they return regardless of the injury type. This kind of stuff disgusts me.

Old 04-01-2013, 11:42 PM   #44

Liked 49 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 80

Yeah and they are sending out letters now from the VA deeming vets incompetent and unable to own weapons and you cannot fight it thru a judge, it is a final decision and there is nothing you can do about it. One doctor marked the wrong box on my wife's paperwork saying she was incompetent and we had to fight for over a year to get it fixed so she could get her money they owed her and deem her competent again so she could own weapons and such, it is so messed up. I read where they are sending these letters now tho and there is nothing you can do about it, I am waiting for mine, which of course will cause me to lose my job then too and then I am really screwed, no LEO work, no gunsmith work, no building guns, no reloading ammo = no money for me..... and also the fact that I would go completely crazy without my guns for fun and protection

Old 04-01-2013, 11:44 PM   #45

If ****stein had her way no vet would ever be able to own a gun.... I wish bad things on her, what I don't get it is there has been assassinations of good presidents, why will no one take out our current govt idiots that actually deserve it? LOL

Old 04-02-2013, 02:21 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by customammo72
If ****stein had her way no vet would ever be able to own a gun.... I wish bad things on her, what I don't get it is there has been assassinations of good presidents, why will no one take out our current govt idiots that actually deserve it? LOL
If she had her way about it she wouldn't just stop with vets. She doesn't want ANYONE to have a gun. And I think she is really is fighting for her career more so than she's fighting for a cause. The gun grabbing issue is the only thing keeping her in the lime light.

Old 04-02-2013, 02:34 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_inWA

And also, I'm not trying to "redefine" what you said. You are saying that I or no one else, unless trained to do so, should be able to carry in a k-12 school. What other reason would there be other than you think those lives are more valuable than others outside the school? Let me drive home my point here. Lets say you're an average joe who has a permit to concealed carry. You're at your child's school visiting one day for whatever reason and all of the sudden a shooter walks in. If you can honestly say that you would rather not have your gun and just hope trained authorities get there in time, then I will accept your position as it stands. But my guess is that in that scenario you'd want your gun to do whatever you could to save as many kids as possible, as well as and especially your own.

Old 04-02-2013, 02:54 AM   #48

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Without the NRA to run interference, the gun grabbers would make buying a gun the same process as interviewing to work for the secret service! They are just trying to keep the laws as similar to what they are now as possible.
That I agree with...

Old 04-02-2013, 03:21 AM   #49

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
And also, I'm not trying to "redefine" what you said. You are saying that I or no one else, unless trained to do so, should be able to carry in a k-12 school. What other reason would there be other than you think those lives are more valuable than others outside the school? Let me drive home my point here. Lets say you're an average joe who has a permit to concealed carry. You're at your child's school visiting one day for whatever reason and all of the sudden a shooter walks in. If you can honestly say that you would rather not have your gun and just hope trained authorities get there in time, then I will accept your position as it stands. But my guess is that in that scenario you'd want your gun to do whatever you could to save as many kids as possible, as well as and especially your own.
It not about value its about logistics and frankly I would rather a well trained person was in my school. I am responsible and safe but far from an accurate shot and kids tend do do lots of things because at about age 3-4 we start to out think the instincts so some freeze, some scream some run

So you take a shot at an attacker who is not standing still just as 6yr old Amy running behind him to her teacher ends up where your missed shot ends up... before we talk about does ccp holder #2 then shoot you by mistake, do you go to jail.... or do her parents sue you ...no one wants to live with that mistake.

That's why, having everyone with a ccp and inconstistant training drawing on who they think the shooter is in a K-12 setting, sounds like a bad idea to me.

customammo72 Likes This 
Old 04-02-2013, 03:42 AM   #50

I have to agree with Ken on this one with what he just said, it is fact.... I am trained to shoot and determine correct targets in high stress life or death situations and can handle myself because of experience and training. Your average CCW holder does not have that experience or training and is not going to be accurate in shooting when the SHTF...... and honestly just training doesn't make you good either, I have watched plenty of brand new fully trained soldiers and officers when the SHTF they lose their training and mess up, it takes experience and control.........