Debunking Magazine Capacity Limits. - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Debunking Magazine Capacity Limits.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2013, 01:24 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
You have no idea how badly I was hoping this would never come out. Now there will be a move on to ban auto-loading pistols and rifles altogether. If they ever see how fast a well practiced revolver shooter can reload they'll be wanting to put us back to muskets before you know it.
I've seen shooters with speed loaders that can reload a six gun just as fast.

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

Old 03-09-2013, 01:42 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 274 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 291

Quote:
You have no idea how badly I was hoping this would never come out. Now there will be a move on to ban auto-loading pistols and rifles altogether. If they ever see how fast a well practiced revolver shooter can reload they'll be wanting to put us back to muskets before you know it.
Don't be shocked but one Connecticut legislature already proposed a new law restriction limit to one round on the basis that it was the common firearm at the time the Constitution and Bill of Rights were created. His proposed law will probably not get enacted in this current year but demonstrates some of the politicians on steroids in the current anti gun frenzie.

"To sit back hoping that someday, someway, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last--but eat you he will."

Ronald Reagan

bluez Likes This 
Old 03-09-2013, 02:08 AM   #13

Liked 43 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta
I don't see why anyone would be surprised by the video its stating the obvious. I Have never understood why the anti-gun people in America have focused on mag cap. Even in the uk with all its strict gun controls mag cap has never being a issue.
The gun grabbers don't know guns, don't like guns and naively believe that if they take them away from legal gun owners that gun problems will go away. Most have never handled a gun and don't realize how safety conscious about safety most gun owners are. And they don't care. They want to force us to give up guns but how would they like it if we had the ambition to force them to carry guns. At the end of the day since we leave them alone they should leave us alone. They should be arrested for imposing on our 2nd amendment right
Old 03-09-2013, 05:28 AM   #14

Liked 2504 Times on 1427 Posts
Likes Given: 1947

IMO, mag caps have nothing to do with it.

We need to eliminate gun-free zones, and monitor

mental defectives.

If we can send just a couple more to DC, think how much

safer "our children" would be...

Old 03-09-2013, 05:48 AM   #15
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Oh and by the way, here's a guy who basically eliminates the need for anything other than a revolver, and he can load it as fast as we can swap mags out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTHc4H_i8DY This guy is amazingly fast, and a World Champion I believe

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

Old 03-10-2013, 12:10 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1767 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPatton View Post
Oh and by the way, here's a guy who basically eliminates the need for anything other than a revolver, and he can load it as fast as we can swap mags out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTHc4H_i8DY This guy is amazingly fast, and a World Champion I believe
I didn't watch the video, mainly because of his championship status. The true test is what can the average shooter do.

Back in my younger days I don't think there was a LEO around that couldn't accurately fire 12 rounds from a revolver in less than 15 seconds. Many of us were going under 1 second per round including the reload, and this was long before the speed-loader became common. It's all in the muscle memory and the willingness to practice.

Old 03-10-2013, 02:35 PM   #17
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6141 Times on 3042 Posts
Likes Given: 6518

Quote:
I didn't watch the video, mainly because of his championship status. The true test is what can the average shooter do.

Back in my younger days I don't think there was a LEO around that couldn't accurately fire 12 rounds from a revolver in less than 15 seconds. Many of us were going under 1 second per round including the reload, and this was long before the speed-loader became common. It's all in the muscle memory and the willingness to practice.
Thats why u gotta watch it Doc. Its not the champion that drives home the point, its the 35ish young woman "Cristy" that does it best. While both shooters had differential times due to marksmanship capabilities, the test was when they were using Hi cap V low cap and the times were very little difference.

Heres the Rub, were supposed to call 911, wait a minimum of 15 minutes and maybe an hour for help and defend ourselves with "Their choice" of weapon not ours. If 2 criminals with 2 ileagal weapons break into my house while im sleeping, Andy says Ive got to wake up and shoot my 7 shots sniper style perfectly or my family dies! Then they tell us they will make things safer by forcing the shooter to reload more often which adds about 3 seconds in 30 rounds! 15 minutes for help and maybe 3 seconds longer to live, that just sucks if you ask me!
Old 03-12-2013, 12:52 AM   #18

Liked 49 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 80

Default Training..

All it really takes is training, no matter what size mag you have or how many rounds your revolver holds, all you have to do is train yourself for the fast reloading..... that was one of the main things I was taught in the military, how to reload as fast as you can under fire/stress and all that..... there are lots of people who have it engrained into them how to reload quickly under stress, etc.

Old 03-12-2013, 12:04 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1767 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by customammo72 View Post
All it really takes is training, no matter what size mag you have or how many rounds your revolver holds, all you have to do is train yourself for the fast reloading..... that was one of the main things I was taught in the military, how to reload as fast as you can under fire/stress and all that..... there are lots of people who have it engrained into them how to reload quickly under stress, etc.
To this day, some 40 years later, I still carry ammo in my right front pocket. It's how I was trained, it's how I practiced, and it seems to be a reflex to reach there during rapid fire. Whether it's a loaded magazine or loose rounds for my revolver, the right front pocket is my primary storage space. You want to know the funny part? I absolutely hate the idiots that trained us this way.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:41 PM   #20

Liked 516 Times on 281 Posts
Likes Given: 172

Hmmm, that story sounds political. My thread was deleted by a mod for what he said was the "political nature" of the subject.

However, it wasn't said to me in a very nice way.....