Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Debunking Magazine Capacity Limits.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2013, 08:24 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Default Debunking Magazine Capacity Limits.

Story.
http://www.examiner.com/article/new-video-destroys-myth-about-large-capacity-magazines

Better Link for the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2Upjn5DR0o&feature=player_embedded#!

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-07-2013, 08:51 PM   #2
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1340 Times on 792 Posts
Likes Given: 3358

Good information!

Thanks for the post!

How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Old 03-08-2013, 02:09 AM   #3
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

That's awesome. Like an additional 2 seconds would make anyone run directly at an active shooter.....

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

Old 03-08-2013, 04:16 AM   #4
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1492 Times on 915 Posts
Likes Given: 7369

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPatton View Post
That's awesome. Like an additional 2 seconds would make anyone run directly at an active shooter.....
Good point. It wouldn't make me run to tackle them, but that 2 seconds is long enough for a properly trained person to use his or her own weapon to deliver 230 grains of instant act right. besides, only an individual with very little self respect or intelligence would try a direct charge. Hit them from behind or the side. It is a life or death situation, worry about being thought of as a bad azz afterwards.

I have said for years that magazine restrictions do NOT work. Every time i have taken an anti to the range to help them reverse their recto-cranial insertion, the group I shoot with runs timed demonstrations to show the new addicts (the usual end result of these range trips) how false the "facts" they have been fed are. The majority of the antis are simply misinformed. I am glad to see this video is out there, and I have just sent e-mails to some of my friends who are on the fence about mag. restrictions which included a link to this video. We will see what happens over the next few days. Thanks for sharing OP.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem parabellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 03-08-2013, 01:17 PM   #5
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75 View Post
Good point. It wouldn't make me run to tackle them, but that 2 seconds is long enough for a properly trained person to use his or her own weapon to deliver 230 grains of instant act right. besides, only an individual with very little self respect or intelligence would try a direct charge. Hit them from behind or the side. It is a life or death situation, worry about being thought of as a bad azz afterwards.

I have said for years that magazine restrictions do NOT work. Every time i have taken an anti to the range to help them reverse their recto-cranial insertion, the group I shoot with runs timed demonstrations to show the new addicts (the usual end result of these range trips) how false the "facts" they have been fed are. The majority of the antis are simply misinformed. I am glad to see this video is out there, and I have just sent e-mails to some of my friends who are on the fence about mag. restrictions which included a link to this video. We will see what happens over the next few days. Thanks for sharing OP.
I see the angle of your take on it, but I still don't see those 2 seconds making much difference. The best chance for a armed civilian to take out such a target is likely when he's still firing but in an alternate direction. That way most of his attention is drawn to his target. Almost like a tunnel vision complex. But the video is an excellent tool to show that simple dumb law changes will help no one. I posted the video on facebook so it could make the rounds

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

bluez Likes This 
Old 03-08-2013, 01:23 PM   #6
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1743 Times on 948 Posts
Likes Given: 547

The video on the thread The Difference shows 1/2 second difference in firing 20 rounds from 1 mag and 20 rounds from 2 mags with an AR.
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/difference-86031/

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 03-08-2013, 02:36 PM   #7

Liked 54 Times on 43 Posts

I like the demonstration but it would be better with more realistic reloads. I doubt a barrel would be in front of a mass shooter so drawing from pockets or mag holder would be better. Also, time it with the last shot fired and the slide open at reload. Mass shooters are unlikely to count their rounds so closely to reload so efficiently.
Having said that, the time difference will be longer but not critical. Few people would be able to work through the stress and calculate an attack on the shooter before these dynamic and fast incidents are over.

Old 03-08-2013, 07:15 PM   #8

Liked 265 Times on 193 Posts
Likes Given: 50

Every shooter who owns a gun with a magazine knows how quickly it can be changed and that this entire "magazine ban' discussion is pointless. Unfortunately it's those who are ignorant of the facts that seem to be the lawmakers. Think we can get any of them to watch this video.....quite unlikely. And if they did they would say it was staged, you know...something that they would do, alter the facts to make their point and keep therir agenda intact.

Old 03-08-2013, 07:28 PM   #9

Liked 365 Times on 258 Posts
Likes Given: 108

I don't see why anyone would be surprised by the video its stating the obvious. I Have never understood why the anti-gun people in America have focused on mag cap. Even in the uk with all its strict gun controls mag cap has never being a issue.

Old 03-08-2013, 08:00 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1764 Times on 987 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

You have no idea how badly I was hoping this would never come out. Now there will be a move on to ban auto-loading pistols and rifles altogether. If they ever see how fast a well practiced revolver shooter can reload they'll be wanting to put us back to muskets before you know it.